Yes, another quick hitch question :(

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I am finally going to pull the trigger for a quick hitch for my L2501 HST. I have a Landpride brush cutter that is quick hitch compatible and will be adding a back blade in the near future.

My dealer quoted $600 plus tax for the Landpride QH16 cat 1 hitch

The SpeeCo cat 1 E-hitch shipped $349 plus tax

I do not plan on hitching anything but cat 1 implements.

My question is; is there any reason to justify the added expense of the Landpride Qh16 over the SpeeCo cat 1 E-hitch? Functionality, quality, weight ?

It is my understanding that the SpeeCo will not require any additional bushings where as the Landpride QH16 will? Both appear to have removable and adjustable top hooks and the design and build quality appears , in photographs , to be equal.
The weight of both seem to be close with the SpeeCo slightly lighter?

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
What you can be sure of with the QH16 is that it should fit all landpride QH enabled implements. You will get no such assurance from SpeeCo. If you buy all LP implements I recommend you get the QH16 to be safe. If you are buying other brands of implements I dont think it really matters as the QH16 could have a compatibility issue with them as well.

I have a QH15...they are default Cat3 so anything Cat1 or 2 I have to add bushings..but bushings are VERY cheap so I have a slew of them around. I get the cat1 to 2 sleeves and the cat2 to 3 sleeves that slide inside one anoher for maximum compatibility. Dont forget the top link bushings are different size than the lower link bushings (so you need to get both). Very happy with it overall. Works on a variety of implements (wood chipper from Woodlands mills, rear landscape rake from EA, landpride rear blade and snow blower). I just leave the bushings on each implement (have collected enough over the years) so I never have to change any out.

That said you can always get a different brand and deal with the potential incompatibilities. Careful measurements of the SpeeCo top and lower link slots along with the same on an implement should help avoid issues. You are most concerned with pin position on the implement vs the QH....not really the size of the pin as you can just add bushings.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Some say they don't require bushings but their web site has the bushings for sale with the hitches??

1697125196810.png

1697125360089.png

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You can also get it for a much better price than you point to.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
What you can be sure of with the QH16 is that it should fit all landpride QH enabled implements. You will get no such assurance from SpeeCo. If you buy all LP implements I recommend you get the QH16 to be safe. If you are buying other brands of implements I dont think it really matters as the QH16 could have a compatibility issue with them as well.

I have a QH15...they are default Cat3 so anything Cat1 or 2 I have to add bushings..but bushings are VERY cheap so I have a slew of them around. I get the cat1 to 2 sleeves and the cat2 to 3 sleeves that slide inside one anoher for maximum compatibility. Dont forget the top link bushings are different size than the lower link bushings (so you need to get both). Very happy with it overall. Works on a variety of implements (wood chipper from Woodlands mills, rear landscape rake from EA, landpride rear blade and snow blower). I just leave the bushings on each implement (have collected enough over the years) so I never have to change any out.

That said you can always get a different brand and deal with the potential incompatibilities. Careful measurements of the SpeeCo top and lower link slots along with the same on an implement should help avoid issues. You are most concerned with pin position on the implement vs the QH....not really the size of the pin as you can just add bushings.
I was planning on purchasing a Landpride RB1584 back blade from my dealer. A few days ago he quoted $899. This will be a snow mover, not a dirt worker so I do not need a heavy duty rear back blade. A few minutes ago I get a call from the dealer saying they do not normally stock the RB15 series so add $300 in price for shipping! :(
I would rather buy Landpride but my local Fleetfarm is a King Kutter dealer and their 7 foot blade with offset like the LP also has tilt which the LP does not have. The King Kutter price is $900 , same as the LP but without the extra $300 shipping cost. Rant over! LOL.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I have the QH15. As someone noted, if the implements are really QH compatible, there is no reason to have an adjustment on top. After losing a second pin, I switched to bolts for the top hook like others here.

At the end of the day, the difference is the size/if a bushing is required, strength, and quality of the metal. My QH15 works, but is also in the way hooking up a PTO. If I was going to use a PTO implement frequently, I'd probably take my QH off.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I look at Quick Hitches in two ways.

Small "U" ears are pin only.
Large "U" is universal to all and you can add bushings to any implement.

Buying a small eared Quick Hitch (In my opinion) is knowingly limiting your options and availability what implements you can use.

From what I seen in the design of the LandPride QH, they are pin only. IMO, this is a marketing strategy to corner consumers into buying their compatible implements. Pretty or not, I did not take the bait because the hitch I already had, had the large ears.

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
A few minutes ago I get a call from the dealer saying they do not normally stock the RB15 series so add $300 in price for shipping!
I had the same experience of asking for shipping if they order it. My solution was calling a different dealer who had the model I wanted. Fwiw, it may be cheaper to get a different model. I don't think there is that much difference in cost between the heavier RB20 and RB15.

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
From the great responses so far , reading between the lines, the $600 dollar price tag of the LP probably is not justified. Unless I am missing something obvious.
The other take-a-way is that bushing are not a big deal and could be an advantage down the road if I ever did end up needing to hook up a Cat 2 implement.

check 6

Equipment
BX 2680 FEL and pallet forks aerator ZD1211, RTV500
Apr 8, 2019
Seguin, Texas
One reason to get land pride is they are owned by Kubota so you know they are compatible and meet Kubota standards

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
One reason to get land pride is they are owned by Kubota so you know they are compatible and meet Kubota standards
They did that for a reason. That reason being, so you only buy Land Pride implements.

There are FAR MORE implements out there available, to which Land Pride does not make! This is an example where buying Kubota orange is not the best decision.

Last edited:

ken erickson

Equipment
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I would generally agree but in this case, a $300 or better price on the LP hitch and $300 shipping charge on the LP blade is going to sway my decision toward the King Kutter blade and different manufacture on the hitch.

$600 is a lot of fuel, grease and maintenance items! :)

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
Just as a point of interest, I have 2 Land Pride that use bushing which are cross compatible with John Deere I-match hitch of which I have 1. This makes it possible to share implements with someone who has Deere. Once the bushings are on they just stay with the implements.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Just as a point of interest, I have 2 Land Pride that use bushing which are cross compatible with John Deere I-match hitch of which I have 1. This makes it possible to share implements with someone who has Deere. Once the bushings are on they just stay with the implements.
I transitioned to Kubota from John Deere. I already had the John Deere quick hitch so I didn't buy one. All my implements are cat1 cross compatible and cat2 use.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
For what it’s worth I have a Harbor Freight QH. Had it for years at $80 with coupon.

I did do a couple alterations to it. Last year got @Kennyd4110 ‘s extended hook, which has been great! It would have fixed some of the clearance problems I had years ago.

Haven’t looked at them in years, but the HF QH looked remarkably similar to about half of the QH’s on the market at the time….

image.jpg

I have 4 3-PH implements. 3 are newer and all 3 fit the QH. I have an older box blade that I did have to redesign a little.

All fit on the QH as it sets, but I do have to adjust the top link a little depending on the implements I’m hooking to. It’s a 15 second adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
For what it’s worth I have a Harbor Freight QH. Had it for years at $80 with coupon.

I did do a couple alterations to it. Last year got @Kennyd4110 ‘s extended hook, which has been great! It would have fixed some of the clearance problems I had years ago.

Haven’t looked at them in years, but the HF QH looked remarkably similar to about half of the QH’s on the market at the time….

View attachment 113759

I have 4 3-PH implements. 3 are newer and all 3 fit the QH. I have an older box blade that I did have to redesign a little.

All fit on the QH as it sets, but I do have to adjust the top link a little depending on the implements I’m hooking to. It’s a 15 second adjustment.
My JD QH has the old style, single-welded top hook. I've managed this way OK, although the adjustable would be nice. I just haven't got to that mod/upgrade yet, and probably never will. Maybe. LOL!!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Buying a small eared Quick Hitch (In my opinion) is knowingly limiting your options and availability what implements you can use.

From what I seen in the design of the LandPride QH, they are pin only. IMO, this is a marketing strategy to corner consumers into buying their compatible implements. Pretty or not, I did not take the bait because the hitch I already had, had the large ears.
I have the QH10 and QH15. Both are CAT3 at the top hook, the QH10 is CAT1 at the lower hooks whereas the QH15 is CAT3 at the lower hooks. Obviously the QH15 is more versatile since it just needs bushings to interface with CAT1 or CAT2 connections.

@ken erickson, I've owned a QH05 and currently have a QH10 and QH15 but I don't think you need to spend all that money to get a good QH. The Land Pride models are 27" wide on the inside of the lower hooks and 29-1/2" wide on the outside. If you can get dimensions of other brands you'll know if they're similar to LP Quick Hitches.