Year of manafacture

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The specific build year on equipment really is not all that important. Equipment does not sell by build year rather then a model in a series.

cba

Equipment
B3300SU
May 6, 2012
Australia
Sometimes you find a manufactured date stamped on an accessory, or inside it, or a label with date under/inside the seat covering. Sometimes it only appears when the outer paint peels off, or when you take items apart. It is safe to assume the tractor was not built much later than the accessories it is made from. Chris

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
I have now found my id number and its T-55858
can the year of manafacture found with this number?:confused:
Look on your rear rims, there is a manufacture date stamped on them. Or take the serial number to your local dealer.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Because its a dealer protection agreement to protect them from the grey market imports from other countries. Read the articles on here about grey market tractors and you'll understand.

Again build year is not relevant to anything, even with ordering parts.

Breeze

Equipment
L3700, Box Grader, 60" Bush Hog, Rear Grader Blade, York Rake, Boom Pole.
Dec 24, 2010
Virgin Islands
I have now found my id number and its T-55858
can the year of manafacture found with this number?:confused:
The information I would start with in making this inquiry would be the Model number of the tractor. A photo of your tractor would be a good idea, don't you think? You could also do some research on when the import ban on the Grey Kubotas occurred in U.K. I don't recall the whole story on the ban in the U.S. but it was in 1997. That would at least let you know that your tractor was born on a date before that. The Grey market tractors were however used so no telling how long it was in service in Asia.

Who gives a rat's a$$ what year it is. All you need is to know how to match it to a manual and obtain spare and renewal parts.

There are non-Kubota dealer sources for manuals and parts for these tractors and dealer sources when non-grey Kubotas with another model number have the same parts but you will need to look for a site to guide you there.

See this information posted here by Service Department Vic.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2010/07/10-myths-about-kubota-gray-market-tractors/

Best of luck with your tractor.