WTB - B6200 HST-D Implements (mid-mount mower RC60-72H, L4520 backhoe, tiller, B2551 snowblower) - in NorthEast

BlueComet

Equipment
B6200 HSTD + B1640 FEL
Jan 21, 2024
Boston, MA
Looking for implements for my dad's B6200-HSTD tractor he left me. Just replaced all the hydraulic seals on the FEL, now time to get some implements to put it to work.

Prefer a mid-mount mower deck (and whatever else needed) vs rear. Not sure if they need a mule drive?
Snowblower prefer a front-mount (apparently the B2551 could be mounted in front?) but I only have a rear and mid PTO so not sure how that exactly works...

In Western MA, have a Tacoma pickup to haul with.

Thanks!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Both the Snow blower and the mid mount mower are powered by the Mid PTO.
Finding all the parts needed is going to be a task.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Looking for implements for my dad's B6200-HSTD tractor he left me. Just replaced all the hydraulic seals on the FEL, now time to get some implements to put it to work.

Prefer a mid-mount mower deck (and whatever else needed) vs rear. Not sure if they need a mule drive?
Snowblower prefer a front-mount (apparently the B2551 could be mounted in front?) but I only have a rear and mid PTO so not sure how that exactly works...

Thanks!
Accessories/attachments for a 32+ year old tractor ?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
IF and when you find those - and there is a good chance you will not, add up all those pieces and parts and then see the total.

Then look for another tractor that has those on it !! No - not trying to be a a'hole, just the pieces will cost more than the collective whole.

You can find a 4' mower for the rear - not a problem, maybe the MMM, the snow blower not so much.
BUT you may run across a deal where you buy another tractor in the same size and shape - it is very nice to have more than one, one to cut grass, one to do something else. IT can be a disease too - many of us have more tractors than we need .... cough cough .....

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan

Thanks!
Here is a deck in NY.

Here is the snowblower

Would you like fries with that :)

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Here is a deck in NY.

Here is the snowblower

That is a steal on the MMM - a hellva bargain!

BlueComet

Equipment
B6200 HSTD + B1640 FEL
Jan 21, 2024
Boston, MA
I have found facebook marketplace to be helpful over the years. My search around the Boston area got these two in less then 5 minutes.
Thanks Ron and Hokie.

I don't have FB of my own, stalk using my wife's. Unfortunately a lot of scams on FB as well, plus I don't get the input from folks like yourself (good deal / bad deal).

Already had a PM from a scam artist, is the best way to "report" the thread from the PM? I was taken in by one on the Wheel Horse forum (yes I inherited one of those too, but the mower deck is waaay narrower :) ) and I'd like to help prevent others from the same.

New York's a hike, but for that little it's pretty good. The blower I'll need help finding what needed to make it from rear-mount to mid-mount.

Tractors here with implements are insanely priced (>$15k) because nobody wants to fix anything, I feel like they trade them into the dealers and they go to the scrap yard. So yeah, I figure I'll spend a few $k for this size work, and save up for something with more HP (like 30 HP). Plus this is a good size to train my kids on.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Here is a deck in NY.

Here is the snowblower

The snow blower is a three point rear blower.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Already had a PM from a scam artist, is the best way to "report" the thread from the PM? I was taken in by one on the Wheel Horse forum (yes I inherited one of those too, but the mower deck is waaay narrower :) ) and I'd like to help prevent others from the same.
Yes you Reported it the right way, I sent them packing!

BlueComet

Equipment
B6200 HSTD + B1640 FEL
Jan 21, 2024
Boston, MA
The snow blower is a three point rear blower.
Correct sir! And still available. Awesome find. Any idea if that could work (or relatively easily modified to) from the front?

Not sure how hard to fab an extension for the PTO shaft, or if the front-mount was a completely different beast from the rear-mount. I'm guessing some bracketry also needed, but that might not be too hard to fab up.

I guess I'm picky in thinking it sucks to drive backwards for any appreciable time with my back and neck cranked around to blow snow.

BlueComet

Equipment
B6200 HSTD + B1640 FEL
Jan 21, 2024
Boston, MA
Accessories/attachments for a 32+ year old tractor ?
Yup. I even found a great supplier or replacement hydraulic seals (vs unavailable or fast-dwindling Kubota kits) to rebuild the cylinders. Mechanics Bliss, Worcester, MA

You'd be surprised what stuff build 30+ years ago can still do, and what barns still have inside them that can work with a little TLC. Stuff that old was more built to last than today's Chinese steel.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The difference between a front blower and a rear blower is a completely different drive.
The rear blowers are 540RPM CW drive
The front blowers are 2500RPM CCW drive.
So in order to convert it from a rear mount to a front mount you would need the entire drive system, not an easy find.

You would be way better off getting a newer front mount blower and mounting system and making that work.

On that note: Which Loader model do you have, as there was three different models offered for it.
2 of them will not allow you to easily put front implements on it, the other one will.

GrassLakeRon

Equipment
B8200HST-DP , RC60-82h Mower Deck, Woods RB6 Rear Blade
Oct 27, 2023
Grass Lake, Michigan
Yup. I even found a great supplier or replacement hydraulic seals (vs unavailable or fast-dwindling Kubota kits) to rebuild the cylinders. Mechanics Bliss, Worcester, MA

You'd be surprised what stuff build 30+ years ago can still do, and what barns still have inside them that can work with a little TLC. Stuff that old was more built to last than today's Chinese steel.
Thats why I bought my 8200 last fall....I could have bought new, but liked the older stuff better.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I have three tractors!
1- 73 years old
1- 35 years old
1 - 18 years old

BlueComet

Equipment
B6200 HSTD + B1640 FEL
Jan 21, 2024
Boston, MA
The difference between a front blower and a rear blower is a completely different drive.
The rear blowers are 540RPM CW drive
The front blowers are 2500RPM CCW drive.
So in order to convert it from a rear mount to a front mount you would need the entire drive system, not an easy find.

You would be way better off getting a newer front mount blower and mounting system and making that work.

On that note: Which Loader model do you have, as there was three different models offered for it.
2 of them will not allow you to easily put front implements on it, the other one will.
I have a B1640 FEL (not an”A”). Not sure if that was a good or bad thing…

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well the likelihood of doing a MMM with the loader is very low.
If I remember correctly the subframe interferes with mounting it.
And being able to lift it.
And as far as a front mount snow blower same issue.
The mounts for the lift interferes with mounting the lift.
You would need to come up with something custom.

This is not 100 cast in stone as there was /is a ton of variables involved.

Have you tried removing the loader?
Its a real pain getting it on and off if I remember correctly.

BlueComet

Equipment
B6200 HSTD + B1640 FEL
Jan 21, 2024
Boston, MA
Well the likelihood of doing a MMM with the loader is very low.
If I remember correctly the subframe interferes with mounting it.
And being able to lift it.
And as far as a front mount snow blower same issue.
The mounts for the lift interferes with mounting the lift.
You would need to come up with something custom.

This is not 100 cast in stone as there was /is a ton of variables involved.

Have you tried removing the loader?
Its a real pain getting it on and off if I remember correctly.
Thanks Wolfman. I haven’t tried to remove the FEL. I mean, who would want to just install the mower and not remove the Loader to do so? 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I’ve been doing some research, even found some of your old posts in similar (for B7200HST). This may relegate my B-series to just being a FEL, maybe + the blower via the 3PH, likely not worth the pain to swap out mower for FEL. I definitely made an @$$ out of me (assuming I could have both together).

I’ve been eyeing a 3000 series JDs pre-emissions so I could have all 3 (BH, drive on mmm, quick attach FEL) with minimal swap time, but it’s that or a new Tacoma to replace my tired old one. Maybe I’ll get a deal on one, along with a flying pig 😂