Work Lights for B2620

Mar 17, 2015
IN US
I would like to add some work lights on my 2014 B2620 rops bar. I could only find that the work light fuse is 20A in the manual. Does my model have a work light quick attach? Also, I'm wanting to install LED work lights, but am not sure how many watts to go with. Any help would be appreciated.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Man you could put so many LEDs on that thing and never have a problem. There are a lot of post on how guys and gals have mounted their lights, some have used round lamps theres square and some have mounted light bars that sit pretty low on the ROPs. SO they dont get cleaned off on low branches like I did with mine :mad:.
LEDs draw very little power and with a 20 amp source you could light up the world :D A wonderful thing in the winter.
And welcome to the Orange

Mar 17, 2015
IN US
I bought two 27W LED flood lights. My plan is to run the lights off the auxillary connection and install a toggle switch. Can I use 14 gauge wire to hookup the lights?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I bought two 27W LED flood lights. My plan is to run the lights off the auxillary connection and install a toggle switch. Can I use 14 gauge wire to hookup the lights?
the real question here should be the toggle switch load :) Your wire size is fine.....

As Skeets said - you can hook a bunch of lights,
but if the current runs through the switch - the switch now can be a problem.

I would suggest that you run the switch on the other side of a relay. The switch simply cuts the relay on.......

think about it this way, would you want all the starting amps of your car/tractor running through the key switch???? Thus we use a relay...or in this case a solenoid!

Relays are cheap and it will protect the switch.:)

Black Dog Chainsaw

Aug 19, 2015
Indianola IA
I'm about to do the same thing. So instead of a relay can you just interrupt the ground wire with the switch or are most of these lights grounded on the rops?

My L2900 doesn't have foldable rops either so that may be the first mod for me.

If we still need a solenoid or relay does anyone happen to have a part number for a cheap off the shelf Napa or Oreilly's unit that would work?

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
I wouldn't bother with a relay for a set of LED lights, no need at all. At the most your pulling 6 amps and thats less than a single headlight bulb never mind two of them.

I have a relay setup feeding a buss bar on mine but that's only because I have 6 LED flood's, windshield wiper, heater blower, defrost fan and a stereo system in my cab. I ran the 6 led's off the stock swich before adding everything else with no issues.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I'm about to do the same thing. So instead of a relay can you just interrupt the ground wire with the switch or are most of these lights grounded on the rops?

My L2900 doesn't have foldable rops either so that may be the first mod for me.

If we still need a solenoid or relay does anyone happen to have a part number for a cheap off the shelf Napa or Oreilly's unit that would work?
Never interrupt the ground wire ......

always place the switch on the hot wire.

a relay allows all current to run through a set of contacts that can handle high amps, without a relay - ALL the current goes through the switch. Most switches can handle a certain amount of amps, but depending on the type of switch, some cannot.

as for a relay - they are :

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Hold...?ie=UTF8&qid=1446606242&sr=8-2&keywords=relay