Work Light Locations on BX2680

BTron

Equipment
2021 Kubota BX2680, 60" MMM, LA344S FEL, BX2816 SB, LP RTR1250 Tiller
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Hello All,

I'm working on adding some auxiliary LED lighting to my BX2680. I've got 6 LEDs to add to the tractor. I've already wired 2 of them to the ROPS (one on each side) and I'm trying to decide where else I should put LEDs. I'm thinking about mounting 2 to my front mount snow blower, but if possible, I'm thinking I'd rather have those lights accessible to me even when the blower is not on the tractor. To get around that, I was considering mounting them to the front grill guard, but I'm concerned about interference from the FEL.

So in summary, I'm curious to know what you guys have done for auxiliary work lighting. Do you just put more on the ROPS? Any on the fenders? Did you find a decent spot on the old style grill guard? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

Cheers!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I rarely if ever use the tractor in the dark, although I do have both front and rear LED lights that were installed by the dealer when the cab was installed.

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Ah yes, the front of the cab would be a good spot for front lighting.

With a snowblower, I anticipate having to use the tractor either when it is dark, or when light conditions are not great. If I had the new style grill guard, the top of that would be a perfect location for front LEDs. Maybe I'll have to ask my salesman if he would do a trade (I'm guessing not).

I'm doing this addition now since it is easier to work on and add to the tractor when it is brand new and still clean

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I added the front facing and rear facing lights on the ROPS. Those LEDs really light the night up! Really no need for any more, the front facing have a really wide spread of light...Floods.
925F4835-54FE-44C1-ADEC-2BE14E8DC986.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
It's nice to have one or two facing rear

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Keep them as high as you can on the ROPS or cab,, one thing I learned a long time ago riding bikes,,,, you can never have to much light when it gets dark !

Reactions: 2 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I will have to snowblow in the dark and other than weekends, will ALWAYS be snowblowing in the dark, soooo....with a front mounted blower.......>>>
I just got done this enjoyable(?) chore. All ROPS mounted.
-Light bar facing forward.
-2 rear spots facing mostly backwards, angled slightly "out"
-1 top flashing unit...center of rops. (360* light spread)

I have pretty gosh darn good coverage, but if I had 2 more spots, I would somehow mount them to the
left and right sides of the tractor so I could see "alongside" a little better. It's fair to good now, but not great.

I also have a left over lightbar, which my wife bought me, and I am thinking of how to mount that to the snowblower, but I won't hijack your thread over that......I'll start a new one.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I will have to snowblow in the dark and other than weekends, will ALWAYS be snowblowing in the dark, soooo....with a front mounted blower.......>>>

I have pretty gosh darn good coverage, but if I had 2 more spots, I would somehow mount them to the
left and right sides of the tractor so I could see "alongside" a little better. It's fair to good now, but not great.

I also have a left over lightbar, which my wife bought me, and I am thinking of how to mount that to the snowblower, but I won't hijack your thread over that......I'll start a new one.
That would be a good idea to get that light out in front of the blower..."I would think". The refection bouncing off the blowing snow from the rear mounted LEDs can be blinding. This way you could shut the rears off if that's the case. I don't have a snow blower but guessing this could be a problem??

It's not hijacking.. just more valuable info, I like seeing others setups!

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Awesome awesome feedback everyone! Love seeing pictures of everyone's setups to see what has worked for you. Thanks for joining in on the discussion!

So far I've got one LED flood light on either side of the ROPS on the lower half. I'm really hoping that's all I need on the ROPS since I've already strung my wiring harness up under the fender and along the frame in some sort of neat fashion.......would really love to not have to do that again hahaha

I'm hoping to hear back from my salesman about switching out the grill guard for the new design. Hopefully I can swing that, then my decision will be easy. If that's not the case, I'll have to get creative I think

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada

For left and right coverage, could you mount them to the fenders? That's one place I've thought about mounting them