Woods Backhoe Subframe

joemahoney79

Equipment
L3240 HSTC
Aug 3, 2021
RI
I just received my new subframe to mate my new to me Kubota L3240 and Woods 8500 backhoe. It was ordered new from Woods and took 5 months to arrive. The kit appears to be great quality and has a nice paint finish. Also the included hardware is nicely packaged. I did however run into some issues when I attempted the installation. Mainly the subframe brackets that replaced the loader brackets didn't line up at all with the bolt holes. After multiple attempts, it appears that I will have to do some significant work with a grinder to clearance some of the welds on the tractor and new brackets. Is this typically for this type of install. Seems to be a shame to modify these already.

Any feedback from folks who have fit these in the past would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Joe

I am sure this was an expensive piece of metal......

BEFORE you modify - call the company, and then send some pictures, maybe there is a problem that they can help you with BEFORE the grinder hit that new paint!

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Agreed with the above. When I got my Woods B70-X and subframe for my B2410, the fit was perfect. Everything lined up just right. Contact Woods first before doing any "modifications".

joemahoney79

Equipment
L3240 HSTC
Aug 3, 2021
RI
Correct on the cost. I almost paid as much for the subframe kit as I did the used backhoe. I did reach out to Woods support and their response was "Our backhoe sub frames must be installed by a woods authorized dealer. please contact your dealer to take a look at this issue".

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
LOL My response would be, so does a woods authorized dealer have a magic hole moving tool to make the holes line up?