WoodMaxx MX-8500G+ PTO Chipper review - it's great w/o power feed.

BC2

Equipment
L4060
Apr 20, 2023
TX
I'm thinking about ordering a MX 8500 G+ but wondered how did the shipping work for everyone. I can have it shipped to the farm, but that's on a deadend gravel road and after reading the "free shipping" details its sounds like that might not work. My other options are to ship it to my house, but then I need to get it off a truck trailer and into my garage or on a trailer hooked to my truck. Or I can try and see where the shipping terminals are and pick it up myself. Just wondering what others did and how it worked for them???
I'm ordering this week, so don't have delivery experience yet. My understanding is that if you do not get the liftgate, the driver is still supposed to get the pallet to the back of the truck, anyone know if that's correct? Even with a 2501 and LA525 loader arms with forks, you should be able to lift the 500lb ship weight MX8500G+ off the back of the truck with a few hundred pounds to spare. Probably would be wise to have a shredder or something hooked to the 3pt for counter balance. We don't have the gravel dead end road problem, but if you are not too far from the pavement, any decent trucker who can back into a 100 bay freight terminal should be able to back down the gravel road a little ways ... or maybe you can just have them stop at the pavement/gravel intersection and go get it with the tractor. I'm guessing the delivery experience is pretty dependent on the attitude of the particular driver you get.

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I had another delivery via 18 wheeler with no lift gate. The driver moved the pallet to the trailer door with a pallet jack. I cannot imagine any driver would not have a pallet jack to move the loads around.

In this case, I was receiving an 11 foot long pallet weighing about 500 lbs.; it was a metal frame for a small shed. I used a lifting strap and my grapple to unload and transport the pallet. Lift gate delivery was not an option.

BC2

Equipment
L4060
Apr 20, 2023
TX
I talked to Woodmaxx & they confirmed that the driver is required to move the pallet to the back door even if you do not get a liftgate.