Won't crank

Old Mcdonald

Equipment
BX 24
Mar 1, 2014
rye,Tx
BX25-- was starting just fine, died from another problem, fixed that but now it won't crank. Verified all safety switches, fuses etc. but still nothing. What to look at next ?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Old Mcdonald,
Please don't hit report on your own thread or post, as all it does is send the mods a message to tell us there is a problem like spam or rude post, or other issue with the post.

What was you initial issue that killed the tractor?
As it might have some bearing on what is going on now.
Do any lights come on with the key?

rquad

Equipment
B2710, 48" Land Pride cutter, 48" Land Pride box blade
Oct 16, 2014
GA
BX25-- was starting just fine, died from another problem, fixed that but now it won't crank. Verified all safety switches, fuses etc. but still nothing. What to look at next ?
You need to provide more info to get some help:

What was the original problem with the tractor dying?
What are the current symptoms?
Does it turn over and not start, or just do nothing when you turn the key?
I assume since you've run the tractor before that you're re-heating the fuel, but did you forget?

Maybe you should list the exact startup procedure you're using, step-by-step, and the results at each point so some experts on here can help you narrow down the problem.

I have a B2710, and it's VERY sensitive to gear position, and the position of both PTO levers. I have to whack the PTO levers all the way to the end, and wiggle the gear shifter (HST) in neutral every single time I start the tractor or it won't engage the starter.

Old Mcdonald

Equipment
BX 24
Mar 1, 2014
rye,Tx
Old Mcdonald,
Please don't hit report on your own thread or post, as all it does is send the mods a message to tell us there is a problem like spam or rude post, or other issue with the post.

What was you initial issue that killed the tractor?
As it might have some bearing on what is going on now.
Do any lights come on with the key?
Original problem was fuel filter replacements, do have lights etc with key, the starter not engaging, wiggled sticks and pedals, put volt meter across all switches to verify, checked all fuses including 30 amp near starter. Can't get at starter with bucket down to try a jump. Thoughts?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If you worked on the rear filter, look for the PTO / seat wires, as one might have come loose.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
The pto switch and the HST pedal switch are the only ones that need to be satisfied to make a BX25 crank. Usually it is the pto switch. power goes from the key switch, to the PTO switch, to the HST pedal switch then to the starter solinoid. OPC has nothing to do with cranking.