Wolfman or someone that know hydraulics

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I went out for wood, and had the trailer hooked to the BX. I went over the hill cause there is a black locust that is leaning pretty good and I gave it a little shove,, nothing more than a little push,, no movement, I know the limitations of the BX. Up to the wood pile and I put the front blade down like always because thing are on a hill.. Start back up and the front blade will not move up or down, no down pressure no up pressure I thought maybe I blew a seal out inthe cylinder and there is a little bit of oil but nothing to speak of. Now when I started up there was a squeal that sounded like it was coming from the valve body, I assume tram and what ever is on the front comes off the same circuit. And thinking about it the hoses when the lever was moved didnt flex. Pulled the bade off got to the garage and checked fluid its good. So any ideas, maybe something letting the valve by pass, ice or something?

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well I went out for wood, and had the trailer hooked to the BX. I went over the hill cause there is a black locust that is leaning pretty good and I gave it a little shove,, nothing more than a little push,, no movement, I know the limitations of the BX. Up to the wood pile and I put the front blade down like always because thing are on a hill.. Start back up and the front blade will not move up or down, no down pressure no up pressure I thought maybe I blew a seal out inthe cylinder and there is a little bit of oil but nothing to speak of. Now when I started up there was a squeal that sounded like it was coming from the valve body, I assume tram and what ever is on the front comes off the same circuit. And thinking about it the hoses when the lever was moved didnt flex. Pulled the bade off got to the garage and checked fluid its good. So any ideas, maybe something letting the valve by pass, ice or something?
Doubt I can help, but maybe you could clarify something. You were going to the woodpile with a front blade? I would think a loader bucket would be the tool to bring wood back. IF that was your intention.

So when you say front blade, so you mean front blade? Or loader bucket? Actually I probably would not push a tree with a front blade if I had one. Hence the question.

Is there a chance that if whatever you have that is not working, has quick couplers and one might have come loose a bit, and closing off the hydraulic circuit, is causing a PRV to activate and make a squealing sound?

Just a couple thoughts until the big guns appear.

MINICUP28

Equipment
B7610, KX-018, RTV-500, JD X758
Feb 21, 2019
COBLESKILL, NY
Be sure the 3PT lever is in neutral place as well as any other hydraulic valves you may have.
see post:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
No bud,, I had the push blade on for snow, and I pushed the tree like I have done a 1000 times before. What confounds me is that it was working last week and when I left the garage, I always let it set on the floor with the valve in float that takes pressure off the system, or so I have been told

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Are you talking about a Quick hitch on the front of the tractor?
If so see if you can pick up the hitch by hand, if you can, you've broken the cylinder.

Or give us some more info to help out.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
OK I cannot compress the cylinder so I think thats OK. I changed the connectors around nothing different.
However it seems the motor is under a load as if it is trying to pump ,there is some down pressure but no up. I am wondering if there is something blocking the ports also the motor seem to be loaded like the pump was dead heading,, I dont have a shop manual so I dont know whats going on in the valve body,, O ring maybe

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
How does the steering and the three point act?
Try setting the three point in a mid position and try it again.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Steering worked OK as well as the tram,, 3 point I will have to try

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I am so stupid! I never even looked at any of the other controls and yes the one for the 3 point was jammed on because I carry a folding saw on the tractor, and it got wedged down,,,, duhhhhhh pulled it out and everything is working like it should.
Thanks much guys

• Love
Reactions: 2 users