I C Bonz

Equipment
2014 BX25D, B2789
Feb 14, 2015
Emsdale,On. Canada
Good Day All

Anybody ever mount a winch on a BX25D?
If so where is a safe place to do so.

Just a thought for now, muddy as hell in the place I want to work.
Been stuck real good twice.

Jake

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Good Day All

Jake
On your BX - you should be able to UNstick yourself with HOE or FEL! Carry a long piece of chain/cable with you - and then use the bucket/hoe to pull from a nearby tree or .......if you cannot find a tree or something else stable - the winch will serve little other than weight!:)

But IF you had to mount a winch - I would think you would make a bracket for the bumper guard on the front.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
I have a BX2370 so I am not sure what room you have the rear of a BX25, but I would consider mounting trailer hitch receivers front and rear. With an electric winch on a hitch mount you could use it on the front or rear of your tractor and even on your truck.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
As Mr.Feathers said. I would use the cable connectors mounted front and rear, same for truck. Then get a long set of booster cables, cut in half. Makes two sets of cables can boost front or rear, or connect back together.

Initial investment isnt a whole lot, and worth every penny.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
I have one of these on the front of my BX, and a 175 AMP Anderson connection mounted to the side of the grille guard>
http://fabworksoem.net/kubota_kubota_bx.php
I just cannot fully lower the FEL with the winch in place. But certainly low enough to drive about and have clear view of the ground in front.

Then for the rear, one of these>
http://bxpanded.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=19
Winch cannot be on when the BH or anything on the 3PT hitch is installed

I also have the 175 AMP Anderson connector on my pickup next to its' receiver.

I got a Warn 4700 Utility winch on a 2" receiver mount and one of their wireless remotes.

Mostly I use it to apply tension to trees I have to fell. Just yesterday, I used it to pull a leaning dogwood upright and stake it off. While I could of pulled it with the tractor alone, it was in a very tight area and visibility to the tree from the tractor not great. With the winch and a remote, I as able to stand 'right there' and be very accurate.

I did the 'booster cable thing too like Tooljunkie suggests. I also put a connector on a 2000 watt inverter so if I have a small job that needs a Sawzall or circular saw, I can do it without getting out a genset or long extension cord.

Last edited:

wardsfarmnj

Equipment
2016 L3901 FEL 2004 BX1500 FEL 71" Tiller 37" Tiller 71" Finish Mower Flail Mow
Jul 8, 2015
Mannington Twp. NJ
Glad you started this thread, literally got stuck on Saturday and decided that this is what I will be doing.

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
I installed my winch on my balance box , after reinforcing the inside. I have a quick hitch mounted to three point rear mount.
4000lbs winch, has a car battery in the box to run it. I use it to pull logs.
I have not gotten stuck yet.

Good Day All

Jake

Last edited:

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Here I am showing off ;)
2: receiver on the front and back of the Kubota. The rear is held on with a single pin to permit quick removal.
I bought a Warn 4700 utility winch (65' feet of cable, probably will change it out ot Amsteel later in the year). I picked it not only because of Warn's reputation of standing behind their products but also because of the wireless remote, supposedly it has a 90' range.
I also got the Warn 2" receiver mounting plate. I cannot leave the winch permanently installed on the little BX25D as there is no room. Additionally, usage will be infrequent. I also wanted to permit 'double duty and use it on my pickup. So it sits in the garage on a shelf most of the time. But when I need it, it is a five minute job to install and hook up, almost as easy as a FEL quick disconnect!
As you can see in the images, I used Anderson 175 amp connectors. While the winch could draw more than that, in actual usage, I have not used more than 125 amps. I used 4 gauge welders cable between the battery and the connectors. I also installed the same connectors on a set of jumper cables and on a power inverter.

Attachments

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
Thats nice.
The anderson connectors are great!
I have a few connectors, just havent decided where to put them.
My winch is permanent on rear of my truck, in behind rear bumper.
Spare winch may get a reciever for back of kubota.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Here is alternate to fabworks front hitch...saves you $12 in shipping and actually $22 since cost is close to $10 cheaper. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kubota-Tractor-BX-Series-Front-Receiver-Hitch-Can-also-custom-build-for-others-/141852406353?hash=item21070ff251:m:mD46TlFLYmijvkOwFBcGMIw
That is a pretty good deal.
He also includes a 2" insert drilled for the ball and a pin hitch too. That alone is another $20. The only thing missing is a top 5/16" chain hook and I bet you could have one added by him for cheap.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 13, 2014
I could imagine a winch mounted to the bucket, would be very useful at times. But dangerous if not used with care. Front and rear receivers make it useful for stuck on either end.

But i have to admit, mounting inside ballast box is brilliant!!would add a charging cable to keep battery up.

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
If you mount a winch on an implement, only do hard pulls straight back, or you may be breaking some hitch parts. Probably sway chains would be first to go.

Bruce

t33jetman

Equipment
BX25D, TLB, 1860 bal. bucket, Curtis Hard Cab
Aug 31, 2013
Wooster, Ohio
But i have to admit, mounting inside ballast box is brilliant!!would add a charging cable to keep battery up.
Toolljunkie,

Thanks,
I did add a charging jack to the rear of the balance box facing toward the tractor so I could connect to the tractor power or I also made a charging cord to connect to my 12v battery charger in my garage. Either one would work if needed for me. I re-enforced the wall on which I attached the winch to. This setup works well for me pull logs up a hill, but so far I have never gotten stuck in my tractor.

t33jetman

Last edited: