Will this work? Snow plow question

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
Just wanted to ask a quick couple of questions for the more knowledgeable of you.

I have a ~2020 bx2380. Have been toying with the idea of a front plow for our 1/4 mile driveway. Two years ago I just used the bucket which worked, but of course has its own issues. Last year was gifted a super old beat up backblade which I cleaned up….. then it didn’t snow at all here last winter.
I just ran across a posting for a bx2763A front plow with the bx2751 front quick attach. Posting says it’s from a 2019 tractor, but not what model. It does not appear to be the more updated curved plow blade. From what I can find both of these will fit my tractor, though I’d have to remove the grill guard, and swap the hydraulic connectors to flat face (yes I know some people hate the flats)

questions:
-do these in fact fit my machine?
-is there another piece which gets installed on the tractor, or does it just lock up to the same plate on the front which the MMM hooks onto?
-does it seem this QA is missing the T-pins with the wedges on them in favor of just bolts?
-what’s a good price for this combo to be offered for?

TYIA

IMG_6686.jpeg

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don't know much about it, but I know some front mount implements require a frame. No idea on the price.

I'd price out the parts on the Messicks site.

Reactions: 1 user

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
I don't know much about it, but I know some front mount implements require a frame. No idea on the price.

I'd price out the parts on the Messicks site.
that’s what I’m having trouble finding. The subframe exploded view on messicks appears to be all included (plus the listing has the plow portion of the connection attached to the subframe vs the blade) minus the T-pins/wedges. Those are about $70-80 to replace them if they are indeed missing (parts 10, 11, 12, & 21)
I found a video of someone connecting the older style (not the four point quick attach) snowblower with the same subframe. It looked like it just slipped over the weight carrier, and then the pins slid through the bracket where the MMM connects at the front. Messicks doesn’t list a different part they looks like it would attach there.

IMG_6688.jpeg

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
And here’s a pic from a different forum on a 23s. User said it just slipped over the drone and locked on with nothing else required.
IMG_6689.jpeg

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
None of that looks to fit a 2020 vintage k-connect system, so you'd be starting from scratch.

The BX is a pretty small machine for pushing snow.....If I had to GUESS...It's for a different machine but almost certainly it looks nothing like my 2020 K-connect mounting system.

It's a guess.

You can go on Kubota.com or .ca and find the proper model #'s for plows for a modern bx23xxx and see if your model # (above) matches.

I don't think all genre's of bx's are equal/identical

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What you are looking at is the quick hitch for tractors before the present 80 series tractors, and it will fit the 80 series tractors. You will need to buy the wedges and tee bolts, or you could save a few dollars and buy just regular bolts and weld a piece of solid steel to the bolt head. That is exactly what the manufacturer did. If it were complete $2000 would be a reasonable price. A lot depends on where you are and how hot the market is. Yesterday I posted a complete unit with the newer K connect system in PA that is selling for $1700, and it is a steal at that price. Your Kubota will push snow if you have enough weight on the rear of the tractor. I have a weight box on the rear of mine with 600+ pounds of weight in it. I also plow and snow blow with turf tires and have never had a need for chains.

Reactions: 3 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Glad @DustyRusty chimed in.

I wasn’t sure if that QH would fit a new BX, but he’s much more familiar than I am.

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
No code has to be inserted here.
None of that looks to fit a 2020 vintage k-connect system, so you'd be starting from scratch.

The BX is a pretty small machine for pushing snow.....If I had to GUESS...It's for a different machine but almost certainly it looks nothing like my 2020 K-connect mounting system.

It's a guess.

You can go on Kubota.com or .ca and find the proper model #'s for plows for a modern bx23xxx and see if your model # (above) matches.

I don't think all genre's of bx's are equal/identical
What you are looking at is the quick hitch for tractors before the present 80 series tractors, and it will fit the 80 series tractors. You will need to buy the wedges and tee bolts, or you could save a few dollars and buy just regular bolts and weld a piece of solid steel to the bolt head. That is exactly what the manufacturer did. If it were complete $2000 would be a reasonable price. A lot depends on where you are and how hot the market is. Yesterday I posted a complete unit with the newer K connect system in PA that is selling for $1700, and it is a steal at that price. Your Kubota will push snow if you have enough weight on the rear of the tractor. I have a weight box on the rear of mine with 600+ pounds of weight in it. I also plow and snow blow with turf tires and have never had a need for chains.
Thanks. The posts I found on tractor by net included people trading in older models while they owned these QA and plow models, then doing a test on a floor model new 80 series and it working fine.
The original price was $2,000. Dropped down to $1,700 last night. Me thinks I’m sending them a message.
Also thinking buying a welder (and learning to weld) would cost more than the T bolts 😂.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I keep forgetting my "New Brunswick" definition of snow and snow in (most parts) of the USA are 2 completely different things.

It's nothing at all for us at least once a winter to get 2-3' of heavy, wet drifted snow in 1 dump. No BX known to man would even push it a foot...........BUT..........with a snowblower, I can eventually find my way out ! It's very common to get dumps of 1' or 18" easily overnight.

I could tell you all stories, but 1/2 of you wouldn't believe them and 1/2 of you have already heard them (or live in the mountains somewhere and can relate.)

As you were.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
I keep forgetting my "New Brunswick" definition of snow and snow in (most parts) of the USA are 2 completely different things.

It's nothing at all for us at least once a winter to get 2-3' of heavy, wet drifted snow in 1 dump. No BX known to man would even push it a foot...........BUT..........with a snowblower, I can eventually find my way out ! It's very common to get dumps of 1' or 18" easily overnight.

I could tell you all stories, but 1/2 of you wouldn't believe them and 1/2 of you have already heard them (or live in the mountains somewhere and can relate.)

As you were.
Myself personally, I'm retired. I'm all for getting DUMPED ON. My location however, (Washington Coast) our area usually gets 10"-14" when passing by. My previous JDx739 never winced with a 54" 4w plow.

Here's to hoping we get DUMPED ON this Winter, so I can put this SCUT to the test. 👍🤞🍻

Reactions: 1 users

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic

As you were.
totally agree. Snow means different things in different places. Where we are mid Atlantic we normally get a couple of falls of a foot or less. Generally not wet and heavy (at least until it starts to melt), but also not just powder. maybe once every ten years we get a 3-4’ fall in a single storm. Our last one was 2016.

our driveway is long, and includes a hill straight up from the house, but I try to go out and clear it frequently so it never gets too terrible. I’m pretty sure an angled blade would let me just do a run down one side, and back on the other and get almost all of it done. Clearing it with the bucket I had to constantly stop to dump out the bucket because I wasn’t just pushing it off to the side. But if we got an atypical fall I’d probably throw the loader back on dump the snow elsewhere before resorting to the plow blade.

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
Real quick followup. Picked up the blade and mount the other day. I have lots of time to get it ready, but about to order parts/pieces. Really just need the wedges/bolts, and the couplers swapped. For the couplers I just need female 1/4” flat face NPT to hook to the FEL block on the bx2380, correct?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Real quick followup. Picked up the blade and mount the other day. I have lots of time to get it ready, but about to order parts/pieces. Really just need the wedges/bolts, and the couplers swapped. For the couplers I just need female 1/4” flat face NPT to hook to the FEL block on the bx2380, correct?
You might also need a nipple (x4 if 4-way) between the hose and flatface fitting.

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
You might also need a nipple (x4 if 4-way) between the hose and flatface fitting.
By ”if 4-way” I assume you mean up/down/left/right? Yes, two double action cylinders. Will finding numbers on the current couplers or hoses give me that info? I know some hoses and couplers have different pitch threads, and don’t want to screw them up.

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
By ”if 4-way” I assume you mean up/down/left/right? Yes, two double action cylinders. Will finding numbers on the current couplers or hoses give me that info? I know some hoses and couplers have different pitch threads, and don’t want to screw them up.
Buy the 1/4" hydraulic fittings you need. When they arrive, remove a hose and goto the local hydraulic shop. They can tell you exactly what you need, and sell it to you cheap enough

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The hoses are standard NPT (national pipe thread) and the best place to buy the couplers is on Amazon. Buy these.. https://www.amazon.com/Thread-Hydra...quick+connect+coupler,tools,83&sr=1-2-catcorr

1/4" NPT Thread 1/4" Body Size Flat Face Hydraulic Quick Disconnect Coupler Coupling Set with Dust Caps $26.50

It is less expensive to buy them in pairs than to buy them individually. If you are going to need new hoses, then buy your hose online for the best price. My local supplier is no longer close to being competitive with hose prices.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Two female 1/4" FF couplers with 1/4 female NPT thread - $40 delivered. It would be helpful if you posted can good picture of the coupler and hose just to be sure that's correct.

Dan

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
Two female 1/4" FF couplers with 1/4 female NPT thread - $40 delivered. It would be helpful if you posted can good picture of the coupler and hose just to be sure that's correct.

Dan
There are zero markings on the current female couplers. Yellow and Green are attached to the lift cylinder, Red and Blue to the angle cylinder. It looks like all the hoses are the same diameter and with the same threads on both ends (bigger on cylinder end), but the angle hoses are longer since they have to reach farther. Lift hoses are marked 665111, angle hoses are marked 662362.

Three out of four of them didn’t have caps and they’re filled with crud. Happily I’m replacing them.

IMG_6761.jpeg

IMG_6763.jpeg

IMG_6762.jpeg
IMG_6764.jpeg
IMG_6767.jpeg
IMG_6768.jpeg

icspots

Equipment
BX2380 LA344 Loader MMM
May 10, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
Successful test fit of the older model front quick attach. Had to drop the front of the MMM to give the pin holes space to line up because there was about a 1/8” overlap between them

It’s still lacking the actual kubota T-bolts, and mounting wedges. Previous owner used a 1/4” metal plate secured by regular bolts/nuts. It does hold it in place, but obviously takes a little more work to mount vs. the wedges. I didn’t tighten it all the way up, so it isn’t perfectly flush with the frame of the tractor. I may still go ahead and order the real parts just for ease of mounting, but I’m guessing this is actually good enough unless someone tells me it isn’t. I didn’t throw the lock washers on there during the test fit, but there would be some when mounted For use

IMG_6757.jpeg
IMG_6756.jpeg