width of rear track

grandv8

Equipment
b7100d
May 15, 2010
Utah
I have a kubota b7100 which has the three position adjustable rear track. For those that have a b7100 or any bota's with adjustable rear track what width do you run the rear wheels ? Mine have always been set midway on width. But I was thinking of going maximum outward position for a little wider track in the back for better side hill stability, but I dont know I figured I would ask all of your opinions here. Thanks............

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I think it would really all depend on the job at hand as to where you'd want the tires spaced out for. I say in the middle is an ideal place for all the normal every day tractor useage. And with out a doubt place them as far out as you can go for hill work. Just be careful not to drive sideways on a nasty steep hillside. Even with the wheels all the way out you can still flip over.

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
I have a kubota b7100 which has the three position adjustable rear track. For those that have a b7100 or any bota's with adjustable rear track what width do you run the rear wheels ? Mine have always been set midway on width. But I was thinking of going maximum outward position for a little wider track in the back for better side hill stability, but I dont know I figured I would ask all of your opinions here. Thanks............
Take a look at this thread: http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11139#post11139
dave