Who would have thought??

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
Back in January of last year, in British Columbia (A Canadian province much like a US State) decided to decriminalize possession and use of less than 2.5 grams of cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA, and opioids like fentanyl, etc...

Basically carry and use in most public places with fear of being arrested no longer hanging over your head. A drug sanctuary State per se.

Now who would of thought something like that could possibly go wrong. 😯🙀🙄

Well I guess it didn't quit work as planned as now just over a year later the Province (State) is asking the Fed's to reintroduce a ban on public drug use, a major step back on a controversial experiment to decriminalize the possession of certain illegal drugs.

Now I be a little older than most and somehow not as sharp in the mind but even I could see letting people carry and use meth / fentanyl / opiods / etc.... next to say a group of pre-teens in a park was not going to turn out well.

Recess almost over!!
1714348718812.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
The government wants you so stoned you don’t realize the crap they are doing until it’s to late. Was a mistake to legalize pot and any form of drugs! Smoked that crap in high school. Now they super charge this crap, then wonder why things are getting worse.

Reactions: 1 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
Back in January of last year, in British Columbia (A Canadian province much like a US State) decided to decriminalize possession and use of less than 2.5 grams of cocaine, methamphetamine, MDMA, and opioids like fentanyl, etc...

Basically carry and use in most public places with fear of being arrested no longer hanging over your head. A drug sanctuary State per se.

Now who would of thought something like that could possibly go wrong. 😯🙀🙄

Well I guess it didn't quit work as planned as now just over a year later the Province (State) is asking the Fed's to reintroduce a ban on public drug use, a major step back on a controversial experiment to decriminalize the possession of certain illegal drugs.

Now I be a little older than most and somehow not as sharp in the mind but even I could see letting people carry and use meth / fentanyl / opiods / etc.... next to say a group of pre-teens in a park was not going to turn out well.

Recess almost over!!
View attachment 127242
Whoda guessed that wouldn’t turn out well.

In November of 2020 (full speed Covid era) the majority of the voters in Oregon thought this would be a good idea too. It turned out horribly. What a surprise.

The current Governor has decided to unilaterally (with support of enough of the legislature) to overturn the “will of the people”. Generally I’d not be a fan of that, in this case I’m 110% in support. I’ve been ashamed of the Oregon voters (mostly the ones in the Portland metro area). Looking forward to better and safer days for our city dwellers.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I’m going to preface my statements by saying I don’t use drugs and never have; not even pot. (I do drink alcohol). But I have seen pot legalization for a few years now, and there haven’t been much problems. Many of the customers in the pot stores are senior citizens looking for gummy candy and other forms of pot to help them sleep or with aches and pains. Keep in mind it was legal in the U.S. until the 1920s and was only made illegal because of prohibition fever during those times. I had no strong opinion pro or con when they legalized it, but now can see that I’m not seeing much public use, it’s typically used at home and not real visible in the community. I don’t support legalization of opioids or other drugs such as cocaine.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
One thing that gets my dandruff up is that most of the 'opioid crisis' is a DIRECT result of DOCTORS prescribing these drugs like friggin candy !!! They then spend millions to make 'recue' kits to bring the ODers back to life. Hmmm..... wonder whose making a killing off those ?
Don't understand why BC is asking FEDs to cleanup THEIR problem? IF BC revereses THEIR law, problem solved......
Well, except for the source of the drugs......

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I’m going to preface my statements by saying I don’t use drugs and never have; not even pot. (I do drink alcohol). But I have seen pot legalization for a few years now, and there haven’t been much problems. Many of the customers in the pot stores are senior citizens looking for gummy candy and other forms of pot to help them sleep or with aches and pains. Keep in mind it was legal in the U.S. until the 1920s and was only made illegal because of prohibition fever during those times. I had no strong opinion pro or con when they legalized it, but now can see that I’m not seeing much public use, it’s typically used at home and not real visible in the community. I don’t support legalization of opioids or other drugs such as cocaine.
Commonly referred to as ......"entry level" drugs.
NOT a good idea!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sounds kinda cold I guess, but I have always looked upon this as a self canceling problem Do drugs OD and die no problem

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Commonly referred to as ......"entry level" drugs.
NOT a good idea!
I kinda don’t think those seniors buying gummy candy to sleep better are going to start using cocaine or heroin. It’s surprising to me that most of the clientele of those pot stores are retirees.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I kinda don’t think those seniors buying gummy candy to sleep better are going to start using cocaine or heroin. It’s surprising to me that most of the clientele of those pot stores are retirees.
So.....do those stores you are referring to, sell ONLY "gummy candy"?
Must hafta sell a lot of "gummy candy" to "seniors" to stay in business!

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
So.....do those stores you are referring to, sell ONLY "gummy candy"?
No, they sell all marijuana products, but cannot sell anything else. They are tightly regulated by the liquor control board. I have never been in one of the stores. My information is from the local news stories. What surprised everyone is the demographics of the primary customers. Heavily dominated by older people.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
No, they sell all marijuana products, but cannot sell anything else. They are tightly regulated by the liquor control board. I have never been in one of the stores. My information is from the local news stories. What surprised everyone is the demographics of the primary customers. Heavily dominated by older people.
So.....is it then correct to assume, that no "marijuana products" are to be considered "gateway" drugs?

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
So.....is it then correct to assume, that no "marijuana products" are to be considered "gateway" drugs?
IDK. Not my thing. But I suspect that was more of a war on drugs story than truth. In any regards, they are legally growing and selling pot, more older people than young people are buying it, and the street hard drug problems don’t seem to be any different than 10 years ago. I made a casual observation based on what I see and also what I hear on local news. It’s kind of a situation that doesn’t seem to have changed how we live in our communities.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
One thing that gets my dandruff up is that most of the 'opioid crisis' is a DIRECT result of DOCTORS prescribing these drugs like friggin candy !!! They then spend millions to make 'recue' kits to bring the ODers back to life. Hmmm..... wonder whose making a killing off those ?
Don't understand why BC is asking FEDs to cleanup THEIR problem? IF BC revereses THEIR law, problem solved......
Well, except for the source of the drugs......
Yep. I had a tooth-implant removed because it had failed. The oral-surgeon gave me prescriptions for anti-biotics and OxyCodone…. Didn’t ask if I wanted either.

I took the antibiotics…and put the OxyCodone in the freezer…. along with several others which had been prescribed for my wife and I over the last few years for pain we never had that aspirin would have covered. (probably should throw them down the septic tank.)

It should not be legal for Rx-companies to pay/reward Drs for prescribing particular drugs.

As for marijuana, peyote, mushrooms, etc etc…. if it’s a naturally occurring substance/plant… on your own property…used in your own residence and not in public (except with Dr-Rx)…. then gov’t shouldn’t have anything to say about it. I don’t use the stuff…. not since I was a foolish young-adult…. so I have some experience as to what it really is…… but public intoxication is already illegal…..IMO

More lethal stuff like cocaine, heroin, etc…. should remain tightly regulated. Abusers should get ONE opportunity for addiction treatment…. only one.

The Army should have experience dealing with POWs. I know a way to train them in that activity.
POWs are allowed to work for minor wages/benefit/privileges.… and restitution/repatriation.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
Looks like I'm headed to the garden center to pick up some coca bushes.

And some poppies, for when I need to come down a little.

• Haha

MapleLeafFarmer

Equipment
Lots incl. B and L kubotas
Dec 2, 2019
E.
. What surprised everyone is the demographics of the primary customers. Heavily dominated by older people.
I'm going to disagree with this and tell you a story.

When I go to town its more than a hour drive one way so I almost always load up a dog or two in the back seat for companionship and give them some excitement and when in town I like to grab a sub sandwich. I eat in the truck as I have the dogs and don't like to leave my staffies unattended.

Subway is right next door to one of the villages pot shop so I get to watch with quit some fascination the coming and goings into the pot shop. Seems to be one of the busiest places in town. Cheap entertainment watching the comings and goings.

Now my observations are far from highly scientific but what I see is about 40% of the customers being women in the age range of 25 to 40. Now what is shocking to me is about 1/2 of these customers have small children with them with about equal numbers taking their kids into the store and half leaving them in their vehicles while they pop into shop. Can pot be the new mothers little helper??

The next and to me the most shocking personal observation..... 1/3 of the people that come out of the pot store will actually have a smoke in their vehicles before leaving the parking lot!!! Legal to buy, legal to use in public so they are. Enable any lifestyle / activity so I guess I shouldn't be so fundy to see people taking sway of their legal rights.
:cry:
😞

I don't really function well in this new world.