Who is Bill Gates?

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
I am no apologist for Bill Gates or any other Billionaire but let's keep this 100.
I have no idea what Gate's motives were for that donation. The following quote from an article in the Guardian from 2020 made me wonder what kind of return he got from these endeavors:

Some of this influence is indirect. The philanthropy of Bill and Melinda Gates has brought huge benefits for humankind. When the foundation made its first big grant for malaria research, it nearly doubled the amount of money spent on the disease worldwide. It did the same with polio. Thanks in part to Gates (and others), some 2.5 billion children have been vaccinated against the disease, and global cases of polio have been cut by 99.9%. Polio has been virtually eradicated. Philanthropy has made good the failures of both the pharmaceutical industry and governments across the world. The Gates Foundation, since it began in 2000, has given away more than $45bn and saved millions of lives.
I believe him when he states the betterment of humanity thru the application science and technology , especially computer driven technological advancements are his goal. Good for him, good for us, good for the world. Warren Buffet whom I have admired for 35 years is leaving most of his fortune to the Gates Foundation. Warren is no dummy.
Yep it was like that back when I went to CMU ( never finished, ,life happens ya know) anyways there is so much pressure on the foreign students to excel, a lot have mental brake downs. I know of 3 that took the bridge over Panther Hollow. Short drop of only about 150 feet, a real shame really

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Here's a snippet from a Columbia Journalism Review story on how Gates manipulates the press:

Gatess generosity appears to have helped foster an increasingly friendly media environment for the worlds most visible charity. Twenty years ago, journalists scrutinized Bill Gatess initial foray into philanthropy as a vehicle to enrich his software company, or a PR exercise to salvage his battered reputation following Microsofts bruising antitrust battle with the Department of Justice. Today, the foundation is most often the subject of soft profiles and glowing editorials describing its good works.
During the pandemic, news outlets have widely looked to Bill Gates as a public health expert on covideven though Gates has no medical training and is not a public official. PolitiFact and USA Today (run by the Poynter Institute and Gannett, respectivelyboth of which have received funds from the Gates Foundation) have even used their fact-checking platforms to defend Gates from false conspiracy theories and misinformation, like the idea that the foundation has financial investments in companies developing covid vaccines and therapies. In fact, the foundations website and most recent tax forms clearly show investments in such companies, including Gilead and CureVac.
In the same way that the news media has given Gates an outsize voice in the pandemic, the foundation has long used its charitable giving to shape the public discourse on everything from global health to education to agriculturea level of influence that has landed Bill Gates on Forbess list of the most powerful people in the world. The Gates Foundation can point to important charitable accomplishments over the past two decadeslike helping drive down polio and putting new funds into fighting malariabut even these efforts have drawn expert detractors who say that Gates may actually be introducing harm, or distracting us from more important, lifesaving public health projects.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
wasnt Gates friends with Epstien? That guy that didnt kill himself?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
More from the same article.

As we have reported, Gates' ties to Epstein are much deeper than a simple prearranged meeting or two on the subject of philanthropy. The Daily Mail once reported that Gates was a guest aboard Epstein's plane.

When confronted about this, a representative for Gates said he wasn't aware the plane belonged to Epstein!

Meanwhile, employees of the Gates foundation also visited Epstein's mansion on multiple occasions, while Epstein also "spoke with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and JPMorgan Chase about a proposed multibillion-dollar charitable fund — an arrangement that had the potential to generate enormous fees for Mr. Epstein," according to the Times.

Two of Gates' closest advisors developed close relationships with Epstein, and later introduced him to Gates.
Gates once said in an email that he found Epstein's "lifestyle" to be "intriguing", though he immediately noted that it wouldn't suit him.
With all this preamble once again coming out in the press, we can't help but wonder: is a Bill Gates accuser about to step forward?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
we can't help but wonder: is a Bill Gates accuser about to step forward?

Not if they dont want to wind up like Epstein, and Foster ,,, just sayin