Who builds what?

rotaryjohn

Equipment
BX2380, FEL, LPBoxBlade, Piranha Tooth Bar
May 6, 2018
Ila, GA
I am looking for a rotary cutter and found a plain 48 inch one on craigslist and the person says they are made by Tarter, but for Frontier. It looks identical to the Frontier only plain yellow with nothing but safety stickers on it and for a lot less money. Does anyone know if Tarter makes units for others to sell? It is brand new for $700 and close by. I also found a JBAR for less but spend the same on a tank of gas to go get it. They appear to be a local manufacture of tractor equipment. I would think the gearboxes are made by someone else as they all look similar across the different brands.

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
Since you are in Ga look at Hardee (EVH manufacturing) they are in Red Bluff SC more money but my opinion it is worth it. Their Tiger Cub model is great it will mow grasses as well as ruff places the best of any rotary mower I ever had. From what I have been told there are only a few gear box manufacturers. Be sure the gear box is rated for the HP you are going to put in front of it. I was told a rule of thumb is 80 percent of max HP so you don’t burn up the gear box. My Kubota is 30 pto and Hardee is rated for 40.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Can't help with the first question but stay away from J-bar stuff if you want quality.

Very cheap made and poor cut quality.