which fuse?

Oldstuff

Equipment
L 3400
Jun 1, 2022
Missouri
I have a L3400 and am wondering which fuse is the fuse for the unused spare 12 volt wire that is hot when the key is on that is stored under le left fender- I do not have an electrical schematic?

Thanks- Oldstuff

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I'm going to guess the work light fuse. It's a ten amp fuse. At least that's what it is on my L2501.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Short the wire and then look for the fuse that is burned out. The other way is to pull all the fuses out one at a time and check the wire with a test light to see if it is still live. When the wire goes dead, that is its fuse. When it comes to electrical work, you either know how to do it or you don't. Unfortunately, if you make a mistake, it has to be corrected with new parts. For what purpose do you need to know exactly what fuse and its amperage? If it is for a LED work light, they draw very little, and you are safe most of the time just wiring it into the system.

Reactions: 1 user

Pawnee

Equipment
L2501
Jul 1, 2021
Ontario Canada
Short the wire and then look for the fuse that is burned out. The other way is to pull all the fuses out one at a time and check the wire with a test light to see if it is still live. When the wire goes dead, that is its fuse. When it comes to electrical work, you either know how to do it or you don't. Unfortunately, if you make a mistake, it has to be corrected with new parts. For what purpose do you need to know exactly what fuse and its amperage? If it is for a LED work light, they draw very little, and you are safe most of the time just wiring it into the system.
Do it this way, much more elegant than overloading wiring.

Oldstuff

Equipment
L 3400
Jun 1, 2022
Missouri
Thanks for the replies, I'll likely do the pull a fuse one at at time. I will be running an electric motor that is on a fert spreader designed for the rear of an ATV. I actuall already ran the motor as a test and it did not blow the fuse.