Where to tap in for Cab Coolant Heater

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
Hi, I'm just finishing off my cab on my BX-25D, want to install a small coolant heater, I've read where you can simply cut the bypass elbow hose and hook coolant hoses to heater this way, but I also see a threaded plug at top of thermostat housing- - can I put a barbed fitting here and return it somewhere? Is there a tapped plug near the bottom of the cooling system for the return?
PS, I'll be posting photos of my KubotaKab shortly.
Thanks

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I am not 100% sure but that threaded part may be a bleeder to let air out when recharging the system ! i'm sure you'll get a better answer soon a lot of guys have added heaters. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Use the bypass hose ports as other points of attachment such as the top of the thermostat will give you a resulting bad flow and undesirable operation and / or damage to the cooling system operation or engine.

Mani1147

Equipment
2013 BX2370, belly mower, rear snow blower, rear tiller, front loader
Aug 20, 2013
NB, Canada
See tcrote5516's awesome cab build post here for info on heater hookup. I used his instruction and my heater is working great.
Cheers
Rob

gregger

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2014
Saint John, NB Canada
Use the bypass hose ports as other points of attachment such as the top of the thermostat will give you a resulting bad flow and undesirable operation and / or damage to the cooling system operation or engine.
Thanks guys, I tend to over-think things, but the bypass loop wins out for sure. I may do an "H" in the plumbing to keep the bypass without the heater for when I remove the cab for summer mowing....maybe.