Where Have All The Good Times Gone?

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
For 30 years I have been pissing off a brunette with a red heads disposition!

Teachers and principals did not want to tangle with her. In fact we had one issue where one of my twins was being bullied by a grade ten when he was in grade 8. When he had enough and beat him down in front of the whole school the vice principal was going to call his mother after our discussion didn't go the way he liked. I suggested that I am much more reasonable to deal with than her, he called me back later and agreed that I was right!

I grew up in a small mining town in Saskatchewan and my buddy and I were about 10 walking down the main road carrying our Cooey Model 39 22's. This old guy yelled out from his deck asking us what we were doing. When we told him that we were going to the dump to shoot rats , he told us to hold on and went and got his gun. Became a weekly event, I would get to drive his old 55 GMC pickup into the dump so he could get any shunks around with the 12 Gauge.
Good redneck fun!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Corney,

Of course you left out the life of violence that led you to the prison where you now sit, all because of exposure at a young age to guns... right?:rolleyes:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Of course you left out the life of violence that led you to the prison where you now sit, all because of exposure at a young age to guns... right?
Yep, me too. Fired my first firearm, a sporterized 1903 springfield, at 6 years old, prone, at an 24" gong at 600 yards…. hit it too, with the first shot, and three more after that.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We raised a family of cereal killers :eek::D:p:D:cool: especially the cocoa pebbles :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
My best friends daughter (9 years old at the time)
Hit a gong at 565 yards. 5-6 years ago.
Got her first (big) buck this year. His older girl has taken three deer so far.
Nevermind the gun toting father, both girls are better shots.

The boyfriends have no choice but to be good....

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You get sugar cereals, LUCKY! My boys would go to their friends to eat Fruit Loops. Saved on my grocery bill! Lol
Once they hit there teens, nothing saved on the grocery bills :eek::eek: was cheaper to take them to an all you could eat buffett :cool:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Isn't that part of the obesity problem with today's youth?
Absolutely ;) trick is to get them into healthy eating habits when they are little. We never started buying sugary cereals till we got grand kids :rolleyes: wife says they are for the grandkids, but she finishes it up "so we don't waste it". Course, I'm right there helping her :eek:

We had a rule with the kids when we took them out to eat. They had to start off with fruit and a big salad. And if they didn't come back with a big enough one, then they had to go back for seconds on the salad bar, before they could get anything else.

Our oldest son discovered honey buns in the first grade when a parent sent them in for a group snack. He came home begging us to get him some. Then proceded to pull the wrapper out of his back pack to make sure we knew what they were :D:D He was allowed one on fridays for a treat :D The rest of the time it was veggies and dressing or fruit for snacks

We did something right though. Oldest is doing the same thing with the grandkids :D

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I always made sure to feed the grand kids plenty of sugar-filled snacks and caffeine (Coke etc.) just before they were going home!;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I always made sure to feed the grand kids plenty of sugar-filled snacks and caffeine (Coke etc.) just before they were going home!;)
Absolutely :D:D We got a huge yard. Fill em up on caffeine and sugar, kick em outside, and let them go crazy when we have them for a weekend. They are passed out on the living room floor by 9 pm :cool: Son does get pretty mad if we drop them back off like that :rolleyes:

And sending them home with annoying toys are the best to torcher your kids with :D:D

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
When my son was little I bought one of those drum and cymbal kits for him just before I left for a deployment to the Mediterranean. The wife was NOT very happy with my choice of gifts:rolleyes:

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
As kids, we could get an ice cream or hostess fruit pie, when we helped our grandmother with her egg route, on Fridays... Then one day grand-dad got a truckload of bread and stale bakery products, from the local grocery store distribution center. Guess which little piggies ate the sugary stuff...:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Corney, Do your twins screw with each other or other folks?

Reason I ask, is I'm an identicle twin. Right after we got out of school my brother was going through a dry spell dating. I set him up on a blind date telling the girl his name instead of mine. Had her stop by to pick him up because he was having car troubles. Forgot to tell him about it though :rolleyes: He found out when she showed up to the house :eek::rolleyes::D:rolleyes: oops!!!

He had to run down to the local corner store and set some rumors straight a few years back. I was up visiting and the women running the register thought I was him and couldn't believe he slimmed up so much in a week !!! I just told her my wife quit feeding me :D He went down there to make sure they knew he wasn't doing drugs :rolleyes:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Cereal...

When my daughter was in high school, we used to make the 45 minute drive to the commissary at Luke, AFB once a month. We would load up and one of the things we'd buy was cereal. We could barely fit all the stuff in two carts and the bill would run upwards of $650 or $700.

One day, while ringing up the forty-leventh box of cereal, the nice Filipino checker gave me a funny look like we were eating way too much cereal.

I just couldn't resist...

"My 16 year-old daughter weighs 300 lbs. Spends all day in bed eating cereal and watching TV. Can't get out of bed except for a bath, or to go eat pizza. I think its a phase she's going through..."

The lady stopped and her jaw dropped open.

"Just kidding!"

My daughter weighed around 100 lbs, was a cheerleader and had nearly zero body fat. Couple years later, she discovered beer in college and all that changed! :)

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
Corney, Do your twins screw with each other or other folks?

Reason I ask, is I'm an identicle twin. Right after we got out of school my brother was going through a dry spell dating. I set him up on a blind date telling the girl his name instead of mine. Had her stop by to pick him up because he was having car troubles. Forgot to tell him about it though :rolleyes: He found out when she showed up to the house :eek::rolleyes::D:rolleyes: oops!!!

He had to run down to the local corner store and set some rumors straight a few years back. I was up visiting and the women running the register thought I was him and couldn't believe he slimmed up so much in a week !!! I just told her my wife quit feeding me :D He went down there to make sure they knew he wasn't doing drugs :rolleyes:
They aren't identical twins, did look very similar when they were younger and had a bit of fun with that though!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
They aren't identical twins, did look very similar when they were younger and had a bit of fun with that though!
It will actually be easier for them not looking a like :) Even though we both look the same and have had a lot of fun with it. It's really hard to have seperate identity's living in the same area. People don't stop to think about seperate personalities and different likes and dislikes. They just assume that if one is a certain way, then ther other is also :rolleyes: We found it easier on ourselves to live in different areas because of it.

Now I have been known to take advantage and occasionally use his spouse discount at the big box store where his wife works :D I just conveniently forgot my id card ;)

Last edited:

Tomcat

Equipment
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
Cereal...We would load up and one of the things we'd buy was cereal. We could barely fit all the stuff in two carts and the bill would run upwards of $650 or $700.
That's a heckuva lot of corn flakes!:eek: