Wheel Well Liner

BTron

Equipment
2021 Kubota BX2680, 60" MMM, LA344S FEL, BX2816 SB, LP RTR1250 Tiller
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Has anyone ever added wheel well liners to their tractor?

I'm thinking about custom cutting some rubber sheet, the solid stuff you can buy to line your tool box drawers with (about 1/8" thick), to fit the inside of my wheel wells on my BX2680. My tractor is brand new with only 3 hours on it and I'm thinking adding wheel well liners now, while everything is still clean, might pay dividends down the road. I'm hoping the liners would keep the snow and dirt and mud away from the transmission and hydraulic systems that are under the seat as well as the controls on the under side of the fender.

If anyone has done this, I'd be curious to hear how it turned out and if you found it beneficial. My biggest question mark right now is how I'd fasten the rubber sheet to the upper part of the fender well. I can fasten the sheet near the wall of the tire with either zip ties or existing bolts in the frame, but the piece that is around the face or tread of the tire needs to be fastened to the outer edge of the fender some how and the only things that come to mind are plastic automotive retainers or plastic rivets.

Anyone have any ideas?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I don’t think it’s a good idea because it will likely get hung up on something sooner or later and could damage the fender. There’s probably a reason why they don’t have liners, but just a guess.

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
Yeah, that's definitely a concern of mine as well. There's not a bunch of clearance between the wheel and the under side of the fender or the frame for that matter.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
The very stuff you're worried about getting on the transmission, etc is gonna get behind that rubber liner and eat the fender off. Maybe use spray on bed liner for pickups to coat them on the inside? There's lots of products around that will serve your purpose, and won't require any drilling or cutting to expose the edge of any metal that would be a target for what you described.

If you want it to stay really shiny, you'd be better off in lower latitudes where salt isn't necessary, or it's in the water lapping at the sandy beaches.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Its a tractor! Run it hard and get it dirty!

Reactions: 2 users

BTron

Equipment
Oct 6, 2021
Saskatchewan, Canada
There's been some really good points about clearance with the wheels, introducing areas that will not have any paint on them, actually keeping things stuck behind the sheets rather than keeping the dirt and stuff out. Thank you for the feedback everyone. I think this is a mod that I'm going to forget all about. Like a few people said, its a tractor, get it dirty. And you're right, I should focus on the to-do list lol

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
In the 15 years that I plowed snow, moved dirt, dug holes, and all the other things that I did with the BX22, I never worried about the dirt or mud that accumulated under the fenders, and periodically cleaned the bottom side of things with the pressure washer or just the hose. When I sold it last year, the only thing wrong with that tractor was the paint fade as a result of being outside so often.

Reactions: 1 user

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Unless you tuned your tractor and it can now spin the tires and do burnouts, it's never going to throw stones hard enough to chip the undersides of the fenders, LOL