What’s up with Lowes or where did I park that Delorian?

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Yeah, my first thought too.

Me thinks there was a dangling participle in there somewhere. ;)
Wife's gonna cut off your dangling participle if you don't behave

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Wife has a high end kitchen. Wolf/SubZero. Installers diid a poor job and all appliances in a couple of years needed to be repaired. Manufacturer paid for half. I did not realize until much later it was a 'coincidence'. Wife wanted a second SubZero. This time we had a 'top tier' certified installer do it. Noticeably better.

Wife wanted another freezer, instead of buying top of the line, she opt'd to get a Samsung. Wanted it for over flow holiday meals. Delivery was supposed to be at 2 PM. Clowns showed at 9:30PM!!!! Unit was unboxed in the drive way and they managed to dent it up be the time they were ready to move it in through the french doors. Yeah... no, told them to take it back. Said they cannot do that, has to be a separate 'job'. I was livid. After two weeks, a truck returned with a replacement fridge, all dented up! Canceled the order. After many phone calls, I got my money refunded. Stupid store refunded it twice. I kept my mouth shut. I figured I was owed it for all the frustration. Bought another SubZero....

I am still running a Bosch dishwasher bought in 2000. Quiet and trouble free... so far.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Our Sub Zero died after 28 years, and the new Sub Zero didn't fit the original hole in the cabinetry. The cause of the "death" of the old one was the result of the power company issue, so our homeowner's insurance covered it. We have replacement insurance on the home, so insurance paid everything except for the $700 deductible. Sub Zero certified installers were excellent.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Redid the kitchen in 2000 ( clear back to studs...) ,new dishwasher had a recall(bad power supply),got on the 'list' ( of 1,000s.....)3 weeks before Christmas( it'd been MONTHS...) I call, asked gal what can be done cause wife's family of 32 is coming for 'the bird'...I asked if SHE would like to help out,even to just dry them as I'm on as 'dishwasher'. She said, here, go to the website pick one of the 3 models,call me back, we did and 3 days later pro service guy swaps out the DWs ! whirlpool Quiet Partner III, gets used once a week for 20+years.
I asked if they'd be interested in my company repairing the bad power supplies for $50 a pop. They said no ! $50 vs $1000. I didn't get it then, I still don't get it.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Wife has a high end kitchen. Wolf/SubZero. Installers diid a poor job and all appliances in a couple of years needed to be repaired. Manufacturer paid for half. I did not realize until much later it was a 'coincidence'. Wife wanted a second SubZero. This time we had a 'top tier' certified installer do it. Noticeably better.

Wife wanted another freezer, instead of buying top of the line, she opt'd to get a Samsung. Wanted it for over flow holiday meals. Delivery was supposed to be at 2 PM. Clowns showed at 9:30PM!!!! Unit was unboxed in the drive way and they managed to dent it up be the time they were ready to move it in through the french doors. Yeah... no, told them to take it back. Said they cannot do that, has to be a separate 'job'. I was livid. After two weeks, a truck returned with a replacement fridge, all dented up! Canceled the order. After many phone calls, I got my money refunded. Stupid store refunded it twice. I kept my mouth shut. I figured I was owed it for all the frustration. Bought another SubZero....

I am still running a Bosch dishwasher bought in 2000. Quiet and trouble free... so far.
I would have done EXACTLY the same!:D

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Stupid store refunded it twice. I kept my mouth shut. I figured I was owed it for all the frustration.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mom would have grabbed her chest and hit me in the head with her bible ! Knowingly keeping a double refund can be considered theft. The old two wrongs do not make a right.

And, yes I would have kept the money. The odds of a big box company even knowing it make the mistake is slim.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Stupid store refunded it twice. I kept my mouth shut. I figured I was owed it for all the frustration.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My mom would have grabbed her chest and hit me in the head with her bible ! Knowingly keeping a double refund can be considered theft. The old two wrongs do not make a right.

And, yes I would have kept the money. The odds of a big box company even knowing it make the mistake is slim.
We purchased a matching washer and dryer from lowes. When my son and I picked it up, the boxes didn't look similar.

I asked 3 times if they had the correct dryer. They said yes, so we loaded them up. Discovered once we unboxed them that they gave us the $750 dryer instead of the $350 dryer we paid for 😬😬😬

Asked my sister in law about it since she works for a different lowes. She said enjoy 👍👍👍👍

Gary Olson

Equipment
L2501 w/FEL and grapple, 3pt auger
Mar 10, 2022
Mark Twain Forest
Lowes delivery here does not know the proper side to hand truck the appliances. The kids would not listen to my instructions; so they had to wait 20 minutes while I did a FULL inspection. Never use their installation service.

Professional HVAC installers had to be shown building code web pages to get a proper installation. And I fixed the electrical myself.

I think it is going to a long couple of decades teaching good work ethic to the current generation

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Lowes delivery here does not know the proper side to hand truck the appliances. The kids would not listen to my instructions; so they had to wait 20 minutes while I did a FULL inspection. Never use their installation service.

Professional HVAC installers had to be shown building code web pages to get a proper installation. And I fixed the electrical myself.

I think it is going to a long couple of decades teaching good work ethic to the current generation
Not sure it is the younger generation. Customers keep trying to drive the price down with no thought of quality. Suppliers are forced to get cheaper and cheaper labor. Lowes and other other third party delivery and installation are just barely green card legal. At times I wonder if they are even using legal help.
Unless customers are willing to pay a living wage they will get what they pay for.
I walk the walk. When we upgraded the kitchen I demanded license plumber and electrical sub-contractors. Cost a little more , but we supported local professionals and had no inspection issues.