What’s up with Lowes or where did I park that Delorian?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
So the dishwasher was not cleaning up to the wife’s standards, yes I did do the dog pre wash cycle, so I ended up ordering one online from Lowe’s yesterday afternoon. Pickup at store is one week out. Free delivery is same. Seeing I’m in no hurry to pull out the old and replace it, I selected the free delivery. Get a text this morning that the unit is out for delivery by 2 pm today. Is it 2019 again? I should have bought that lottery ticket.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
So the dishwasher was not cleaning up to the wife’s standards, yes I did do the dog pre wash cycle, so I ended up ordering one online from Lowe’s yesterday afternoon. Pickup at store is one week out. Free delivery is same. Seeing I’m in no hurry to pull out the old and replace it, I selected the free delivery. Get a text this morning that the unit is out for delivery by 2 pm today. Is it 2019 again? I should have bought that lottery ticket.
I suspect that you are actually seeing the very earliest signs of recession.

Products become more plentiful, but buyers will gradually become more scarce.
Product prices eventually will retreat though, as mfgs. reduce production, some retail sellers disappear, and buyers remain in hiding.

Currently credit card debt is rising like a rocket, credit limits will quickly be reached, causing buying to slow dramatically.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Careful with that free delivery. Not usually an issue with dish washers but the free install guys at HD flooded my house after installing my clothes washer. Did the same to 2 others I know. HD pushes you back to the 3rd party insurance and they refuse to pick up the phone. The only option you have is your own insurance. Much rather install myself after they’ve carried it in and put in location only. My damage was well over 20k.

Reactions: 1 user

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
I had a water issue caused by a contractor's neglect, best thing to do is give all the info to your insurance and let them do the legal stuff, worked great for me.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Always wanted to give the “free delivery and install” a shot but wife is OCD so “dirty workmen” not allowed in her clean zone (the entire finished floor of the house). Every time we buy an appliance it’s a near argument convincing them that I do understand delivery and install is free but I still need that 600lb wife’s dream refrigerator set in the back of my truck so we can dismantle it and wash it one piece at a time to bring it into the clean zone for reassembly. And yes, I really am going to install that wall oven myself. Sounds like I may not be missing much on the free delivery and install.

• Wow

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Always wanted to give the “free delivery and install” a shot but wife is OCD so “dirty workmen” not allowed in her clean zone (the entire finished floor of the house). Every time we buy an appliance it’s a near argument convincing them that I do understand delivery and install is free but I still need that 600lb wife’s dream refrigerator set in the back of my truck so we can dismantle it and wash it one piece at a time to bring it into the clean zone for reassembly. And yes, I really am going to install that wall oven myself. Sounds like I may not be missing much on the free delivery and install.
Wow! Your wife weighs 600 lbs? 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Wow! Your wife weighs 600 lbs? 😳
I phrased that awkwardly. To clarify: my wife’s stupid dream refrigerator (which BTW turned out to be a POS) weighed about 600lb. No offense to anyone, but thankfully my wife is substantially more svelte.

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daughter and son inlaw did the free delivery and install on their kitchen appliances.

I spent an hour over there afterward leveling their stove and attaching the dishwasher to the cabinet so it wouldn't do a nose dive every time they opened the door.

They had an issue with the oven burning everything. I told my daughter to pick up an oven thermometer that hangs on the oven rack. Set the temperature, walk away for a half hour, and then see how far it's off before trying to do a calibration over the phone.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I did the free delivery and install once. Bought a house with the wife and replaced the old dishwasher which no longer worked. Company said free delivery, install, and removal of old unit. Ok, let's give it a whirl what's the worst that can happen. Well it ended up being delivered on a day I was at work so the wife met the installers. I come home first to my cable wires lying in the driveway. Walk past the old unit sitting in the garage and go inside and the wrong model (not the one I ordered or had a receipt for) was pushed into place of the old but not installed. Had to fight with the company about picking up the old unit, bringing me the correct model, and paying for the damages to the wires being torn off the side of my house by their massive delivery truck. Fun convenient times.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I suspect that you are seeing the very earliest signs of recession.
Products become more plentiful, but buyers will gradually become more scarce.
Credit card debt is rising like a rocket, credit limits will quickly be reached, and buying will slow dramatically.
agree on all points. I'm still doing retail and I am seeing this happen before my own eyes. I sure hope it doesn't hit us too hard as we are all recreational equipment.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
No offense to anyone, but thankfully my wife is substantially more svelte.

I can't imagine why anyone would be offended if you had a fat wife.

Now, I guess I can imagine how you would be offended if someone said you had a fat wife.

But I'm certain there's no way for you to dig yourself out from under you saying - on a public forum - that your wife weighs 600 pounds!

We've got you on record! :D

;)

(By the way, my wife does not weigh 600 pounds, either. Just covering my bases, here.)

• Haha
  • Wow

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I can't imagine why anyone would be offended if you had a fat wife.

Now, I guess I can imagine how you would be offended if someone said you had a fat wife.

But I'm certain there's no way for you to dig yourself out from under you saying - on a public forum - that your wife weighs 600 pounds!

We've got you on record! :D

;)

(By the way, my wife does not weigh 600 pounds, either. Just covering my bases, here.)
If someone has a 600lb wife they might be offended I’m thankful mine ain’t that size, but I’m still glad she ain’t that big. Mentioned my misplacement of “600lb” to her last night. She thought it was humorous but didn’t agree to pose for any pics to prove otherwise and doesn’t like her picture posted. Below is one she has agreed to in the past and it fits a tractor forum.
50BB7190-9720-465F-A7E0-B781871AD2D9.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I had a water issue caused by a contractor's neglect, best thing to do is give all the info to your insurance and let them do the legal stuff, worked great for me.
Did not do the installation with delivery. That was another 50 bucks and I need money for tractor attachments. I’ve seen the free work and no thanks. I had them place the unit right inside the door and I did the rest. 15 min to remove the old unit and another 20 to install the new. Took a bit longer due to having to figure out the mounting clips.

Reactions: 2 users

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
Interesting response! My insurance deductible is $500. So my free install cost me that plus the water damage to a new house that needed to be disclosed on sale. My insurance carrier said they would go after the “responsible party” and sent them a couple of very stern letters which they never responded to and they already have me agreeing to use my deductible………. I was ok with it as realistically I had no other option. The cast for water removal and 10 dryer units in the house for a month would also have been astronomical.

I will rarely ever agree to free install and delivery of anything after that. The idiots even left their tools behind. One was a nice crescent wrench they clearly never used. So that’s a plus I guess.