What's the definition of "turf application"?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
But don't deep rotary tilling and harrowing require more pulling power which are listed as acceptable uses of creep speed? I still don't see what's wrong with driving on or off a trailer in C1? I'm dropping off the tractor this morning and hopefully the manager will be there. He's very knowledgeable about tractors and if he doesn't know I have no doubt that he'll find out.
I'm with you on this, it is odd. May be the same as the manual saying only 3 weights per wheel on the MX's... Who knows?

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I'm with you on this, it is odd. May be the same as the manual saying only 3 weights per wheel on the MX's... Who knows?
This will have to be a "to be continued". The manager was out today so I'll talk with him when I'm back from my trip a week from Monday.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Lots of literature for them, saying they are only to be used to slow the tractor (snow blowing, tilling), not for extra pulling power.

That doesn't make any sense, mechanically speaking... using a lower gear DOES give MORE pulling power.

Now you 'could' have a problem breaking 'something' if you try pulling a really,really, really heavy or stuck load.. even bigrigs have been know to break 'things'....

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
It could be as simple as its a weak gear set and they know it. Most likely it's not run off the main shaft of the trans and with its reduction it has to be a pretty small gear driving a pretty big gear. At least something like that. It's slow but weak?

Reactions: 1 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
But don't deep rotary tilling and harrowing require more pulling power which are listed as acceptable uses of creep speed? I still don't see what's wrong with driving on or off a trailer in C1? I'm dropping off the tractor this morning and hopefully the manager will be there. He's very knowledgeable about tractors and if he doesn't know I have no doubt that he'll find out.
I still think it’s a gremlin 😉. Again I am most certainly no expert but the only thing I could really imagine is it’s either not good for the maybe the clutch and or the brakes…I would think something where you are feathering clutch and using brake the machine may destroy one or other? But I really don’t know that is true or not just a guess.

Reactions: 1 users