What's cookin' boys?

Tpack

Equipment
Kubota L3901/4x4/525 FEL /1260 Cutter
Aug 22, 2015
Stephenville
TPACK said:
I hadn`t fired up the Blackstone griddle in a while, so I made some of my brisket H.B. patties that I grind and heated it up. I added some jalapeno muenster cheese, my home made bacon, sliced avocado, lettuce and tomato and grilled the buns. The crust on the meat was fabulous to say the least. Enjoy

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
What’s for lunch?

I’m looking for ideas, getting tired of PB and whatever, cottage cheese and whatever, soup; any nice leftovers are usually ear marked for dinner.

I can contribute one invented after a search in the pantry that was pretty good:

a rice cake with sardine mashed on it, avocado on top of that, topped by a spritz of lemon juice and salt and pepper

help!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Maybe a chicken from the supermarket rotisserie side mashed taters or rice and corn,, toss the carcass in a pot boil it down and make chicken vegetable soup with wide egg noodles

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Maybe a chicken from the supermarket rotisserie side mashed taters or rice and corn,, toss the carcass in a pot boil it down and make chicken vegetable soup with wide egg noodles
Yum! My problem is getting to supermarket these days. Taters rice veggies I have stock piled, though.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well maybe the next run one of the neighbors could pick one up,, I understand about not getting to the store, it bothers me as well,, but somebody has to go and its me ,, lol

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Working the ribs from Sunday for lunch. Used the bones from smoked chickens to make soup stock. Froze it in single serving sizes. Great for lunch

Reactions: 1 user

Tpack

Equipment
Aug 22, 2015
Stephenville
Smoked this 12+ lb. prime brisket on the Recteq for 14 hours. It started out weighing a little over 17 and I trimmed off 4-5 lbs. before tossing it on the smoker. This was my 2nd brisket on my pellet smoker and it did not have as much smoke flavor as the first one I smoked about 6 months ago. I used the same exact method on my smoker as the first one to. It was still very good and **** tender after resting in my cooler for 5 hours, but just did not have the same smoky flavor as the first. I think it may have been the Bear Mountain/ Recteq combination of pellets that I had been using. Next one will be with B&B Mesquite and Recteq blend. I froze the point after smoking and will make burnt ends out of it in the future.

Reactions: 2 users

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Smoked this 12+ lb. prime brisket on the Recteq for 14 hours. It started out weighing a little over 17 and I trimmed off 4-5 lbs. before tossing it on the smoker. This was my 2nd brisket on my pellet smoker and it did not have as much smoke flavor as the first one I smoked about 6 months ago. I used the same exact method on my smoker as the first one to. It was still very good and **** tender after resting in my cooler for 5 hours, but just did not have the same smoky flavor as the first. I think it may have been the Bear Mountain/ Recteq combination of pellets that I had been using. Next one will be with B&B Mesquite and Recteq blend. I froze the point after smoking and will make burnt ends out of it in the future.

Gorgeous brisket there, looks like it's time for me to do another!

With a beautiful smoke ring like that it would HAVE to be the wood used that affected the flavor. What combination did you use? (both times)

Tpack

Equipment
Aug 22, 2015
Stephenville
Gorgeous brisket there, looks like it's time for me to do another!

With a beautiful smoke ring like that it would HAVE to be the wood used that affected the flavor. What combination did you use? (both times)
The first time I used Recteq ultimate blend(white oak, hickory and red oak) only. The 2nd time I used Recteq ultimate blend and Bear Mountain Bold blend( all-natural Oak, Mesquite, and Hickory).

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
The first time I used Recteq ultimate blend(white oak, hickory and red oak) only. The 2nd time I used Recteq ultimate blend and Bear Mountain Bold blend( all-natural Oak, Mesquite, and Hickory).
That combination (the second) seems like it would impart a LOT of flavor. But then, I don't know anything about pellet smokers. Definitely share your next!

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH

Nice smoke ring on that

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Thinking it is time to make up a batch of Daren’s meatloaf. Maybe use part beef and part ground lamb....

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Thinking it is time to make up a batch of Daren’s meatloaf. Maybe use part beef and part ground lamb....
I got some bragging rights over that meatloaf last week. My wifes coworker said that she made the best meatloaf. So she and my wife got to talking and we had a cook off.

Her coworker brought a pan of hers into work. And my wife brought a pan of my sweet and sour meatloaf in.

I won!!!! 😎😎😎😎

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Turns out there is something called "election cake". A slice used to be handed out after voting in the olden days. The original was quite a production from the sound of things. A yeast/sourdough cake with lots of butter and dried fruit. After it is baked you pour a CUP of whiskey or other liquor over it! Seems appropriate for the occasion. I'm trying to get geared up to make it. Anyone tried it?
There are a bunch of recipes floating around, Fannie Farmers baking book supposed to have one.

Here is one off internet.
Well I tried it, being fascinated by the thought of pouring a cup of booze over it instead of frosting. Good cake, a little different. Several recommendations if you try it: more fruit would be good, it takes longer to rise than the hour they say, and it cooks faster than they claim. Said 50 minutes I set timer for 45 and it was a bit dry. Therefore needing more booze!

2191A2BF-1712-49A7-AC3D-BC4DF57F32F2.jpeg

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Daughter and son in-law are coming over for dinner tonight. Fired up the smoker and doing some pulled beef.

Tried some Big Moe Cason steak house rub this time around 😁😁😁😁

20201213_082315.jpg

random

Equipment
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Fancy last night: Osso buco, risotto, and asparagus with a hollandaise sauce, and chili tonight. The texas-style chunky kind with no beans.