Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I just found this really strange for someone to go back and dislike a joke I made 4 years ago, strange.

"Yea but he looks like Dennis the Menace if you're old enough to remember."

• Dislike
Reactions:SidecarFlip and armylifer

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
What was the joke? :cool:

I guess it was on US. (And it WASN’T funny.).

Last edited:

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
LX3310, FEL, 60" bucket, 60" grapple, 60" box blade, 60" flail, LX2980 blower,
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Because being pissy about the 2020 election isn't enough, some folks have to snipe about 2016 too apparently.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I just found this really strange for someone to go back and dislike a joke I made 4 years ago, strange.

You are probably talking about me. I did not know at that time that the post was 4 years old. I thought that your post was very insulting to our president and I think that kind of disrespect was unwarranted and in very bad taste. If I had seen that post when it was originally made, I would have done the same thing.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine

Seems kind of strange to start a thread about comment you made that got some dislikes. like kind of small, petty, etc

Reactions: 1 user

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
Seems kind of strange to start a thread about comment you made that got some dislikes. like kind of small, petty, etc
While I hand out a like from time to time, I do think they cause more trouble than they are worth on many forums.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Good Lord boys put your big girl pants on and grow the hell up! Every mothers sons of ya!

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
While I hand out a like from time to time, I do think they cause more trouble than they are worth on many forums.
I think the like tool is very useful because it allows me to agree or disagree with a post without having to make a post myself. It is much faster than posting to the thread if I am simply agreeing or not.

I realize that this tool causes my post count to not be as high as it would otherwise be but I am okay with that.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I think the like tool is very useful because it allows me to agree or disagree with a post without having to make a post myself. It is much faster than posting to the thread if I am simply agreeing or not.

I realize that this tool causes my post count to not be as high as it would otherwise be but I am okay with that.
I don't disagree with the efficiency. I have just seen some other forums where it promotes a certain "tribalism". But I am new to OTT so maybe that doesn't show up here.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I don't disagree with the efficiency. I have just seen some other forums where it promotes a certain "tribalism". But I am new to OTT so maybe that doesn't show up here.
I think that you are going to see a little of that "tribalism" here as well but not as much as you would expect. There is some disagreement when it comes to politics but I don't think it rises to the level of hate or even flaming someone. At least not that I can discern. This is a great information resource and I think that it would be very difficult to find someone on here that would disagree with that statement.

If you frequent this site long enough you will see what I mean. There is at least one member on this site who I have political disagreements with but we have chatted privately and it was productive, not confrontational at all. That kind of cooperation and respect is mostly the norm here. Stay awhile and you will see what I mean.

MNVikingsGuy

Equipment
Sep 7, 2020
Minnesota
I think that you are going to see a little of that "tribalism" here as well but not as much as you would expect. There is some disagreement when it comes to politics but I don't think it rises to the level of hate or even flaming someone. At least not that I can discern. This is a great information resource and I think that it would be very difficult to find someone on here that would disagree with that statement.

If you frequent this site long enough you will see what I mean. There is at least one member on this site who I have political disagreements with but we have chatted privately and it was productive, not confrontational at all. That kind of cooperation and respect is mostly the norm here. Stay awhile and you will see what I mean.
It certainly does seem like a god-send for a tractor newbie such as myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.