What to include in BX2680 order

GlenOlsen

Equipment
Looking...
Feb 28, 2021
West Central MN
I’ll be placing my order for a New BX2680 tomorrow. I’m including a 60” mmm, bucket, grapple, 3rd function valve, and of course the front bucket.
I already have a blade on my 4x4. Not sure
About a Snowblower. I want to take advantage of the 60 month free financing. Is there anything else I should consider in this order?

PapaJ

Equipment
BX2680 - PFL1242 - RCK54 MMM - Fimco 3PH Sprayer - Trailer Mover
Apr 28, 2020
VA
You can't go wrong with a set of forks.

Reactions: 3 users

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Don't get R1 tires unless you will use it off road (not lawn) all the time. They destroy the lawn, if not right off, but over time. Traction on concrete is poor too and the ride is like having square tires on hard surfaces.

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
Don't get R1 tires unless you will use it off road (not lawn) all the time.
I don’t think R1 is an option on the BX.

Interesting results of traction for an R4 vs Turf: https://youtube.com/watch?v=c9EVpXjzHsY

I chose the R4 for use primarily on lawn and pasture — so far no regrets. Even with >50% more traction, they still break free surprisingly easy. I’m in the process if de-airing them to see if a lower pressure helps with a better contact patch.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I will assume that you live in a cold climate if you are getting a snow blower. I would make sure to order the block heater, even if you keep the tractor in a warm garage. Warm to humans is 70 degrees. Warm to a tractor is about 180 degrees. You will not regret spending the $100 on the block heater when you realize that without it, you have to let your tractor warm up for 5 or 10 minutes. With it, you can go out and start blowing snow immediately. Diesel engines don't like cold!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
rear remote. at least 1 set. I regret not getting 3rd and 4th function before delivery. I see you already got 3rd function so you could have a cheater set up like I got (plumb the 3rd to the rear) or get them to install the kit. You going with the front or rear snow blower? I would recommend a box blade, IMO more useful than a ballast box. If my backhoe isn't on, 99% of the time my BB will be by rear ballast. I just got a rear blower at the end of the season, so realistically all of next winter my blower will be hanging off the back of it.

Don't think about what you need the tractor for today think about what you will use it for tomorrow.

GlenOlsen

Equipment
Looking...
Feb 28, 2021
West Central MN
I will assume that you live in a cold climate if you are getting a snow blower. I would make sure to order the block heater, even if you keep the tractor in a warm garage. Warm to humans is 70 degrees. Warm to a tractor is about 180 degrees. You will not regret spending the $100 on the block heater when you realize that without it, you have to let your tractor warm up for 5 or 10 minutes. With it, you can go out and start blowing snow immediately. Diesel engines don't like cold!
Thank you. Yes, I live in MN and it does get chilly here in the winter. A block heater is practically standard equipment up here. :)

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Congratulations on ordering your new tractor, it’s very exciting. It sounds like you have made your wish list and everyone is adding to it!

The reality is that sometimes it’s hard to make all the decisions up front, a box blade is a useful accessory, personally I like the compactness of a ballast box rather than hauling around a full size attachment. If you have a future possible use for rear hydraulic remotes now would be a good time to add them, otherwise enjoy your new tractor you will have lots of time to work out new wants and must haves.

Reactions: 1 user

GlenOlsen

Equipment
Looking...
Feb 28, 2021
West Central MN
rear remote. at least 1 set. I regret not getting 3rd and 4th function before delivery. I see you already got 3rd function so you could have a cheater set up like I got (plumb the 3rd to the rear) or get them to install the kit. You going with the front or rear snow blower? I would recommend a box blade, IMO more useful than a ballast box. If my backhoe isn't on, 99% of the time my BB will be by rear ballast. I just got a rear blower at the end of the season, so realistically all of next winter my blower will be hanging off the back of it.

Don't think about what you need the tractor for today think about what you will use it for tomorrow.
Not sure what I would use rear hydraulics for. But I’ll ask About cost and go from there. Thank you.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Not sure what I would use rear hydraulics for. But I’ll ask About cost and go from there. Thank you.
if you go with a 3pt snow blower; I use mine for controlling my chute left-right. I just started researching hydraulic top links so I can adjust my BB on the fly.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
I have this same question, sort of. I already bought my BX2680 with the loader and 60" MMM and box blade. Since I already own a snowblower, pallet forks are next (would love a grapple but dang that 3rd function plus the grapple itself makes it a little out of reach at the moment).

Can someone give me a rundown of what forks would be a good choice? I have the quick detach bucket (and loader, but I specifically mean the bucket comes off the loader arms. Is that called SSQA or something?)

A lot of the ones I've looked at are $1k and then a few hundred shipped. Is that just what I can expect to pay? I would've hoped for $600-650 shipped but that is probably not realistic I'm guessing.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I have this same question, sort of. I already bought my BX2680 with the loader and 60" MMM and box blade. Since I already own a snowblower, pallet forks are next (would love a grapple but dang that 3rd function plus the grapple itself makes it a little out of reach at the moment).

Can someone give me a rundown of what forks would be a good choice? I have the quick detach bucket (and loader, but I specifically mean the bucket comes off the loader arms. Is that called SSQA or something?)

A lot of the ones I've looked at are $1k and then a few hundred shipped. Is that just what I can expect to pay? I would've hoped for $600-650 shipped but that is probably not realistic I'm guessing.
I have the Land Pride 1242 on my 2680 and so far I like them. I haven’t used them a lot because I got it late in the fall. I can’t remember what I paid, thinking $600-$700 but I now know they can be had for less but not sure about quality of others.

LobsterClaw207

Equipment
BX2680 with FEL and 60" MMM, rear PTO snowblower, 4' box blade, pallet forks
Jun 2, 2019
Gray, Maine
I have the Land Pride 1242 on my 2680 and so far I like them. I haven’t used them a lot because I got it late in the fall. I can’t remember what I paid, thinking $600-$700 but I now know they can be had for less but not sure about quality of others.
Thanks, $600-700 sounds fair if I can get it locally.

I did locate this, which I *THINK* fits that loader? I'm not sure, but I'm curious why it's well below the price of other ones... https://www.palletforks.com/skid-st...ttachment-–-skid-steer-quick-tach/133210.html

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Yes it will fit but I’m not so sure about strength. Those are hollow box tube forks, they may hold up to the limit the BX can lift but even the frame mount looks light weight. That part is probably the most concern for me.

Ok maybe I spoke too soon., they do have some good reviews.. I did not read anything the first time and the specs say up to 2600 pounds. I guess it depends on what you really need them for..

Last edited:

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
Yes it will fit but I’m not so sure about strength. Those are hollow box tube forks, they may hold up to the limit the BX can lift but even the frame mount looks light weight. That part is probably the most concern for me.

Ok maybe I spoke too soon., they do have some good reviews.. I did not read anything the first time and the specs say up to 2600 pounds. I guess it depends on what you really need them for..
They do not seem to be standard. They appear to have a fixed width with can be problematic lifting none standard things. I got these for mine, but pin on:
https://www.redlinesystemsinc.com/s...t-tractor-attachments/kubota-bx-pallet-forks/

Since I can adjust the width of the forks, I could use one of these to dig ditches and works well:

OrangeKrush

Equipment
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
The quick spade would come in handy sometimes.