What Oil/Grease to use?

CTC01

Nov 3, 2011
IN, USA
Looking for the best oil/grease options for my new BX25.
Did my first oil change at 52hr with Shell Rotella T 15w/40 HD Diesel oil. I have been using a red "high pressure" grease for the loader and the backhoe. A friend of mine is an ASE Master tech and he suggested Lucas Red N Tacky grease.
Just curious what you guys use and/or recommend.

Thanks

Todd

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Rotella is an excellent oil to use. Its formulated for both gas and diesels. Grease can be just as debatable as which oil is the best. For me I used an all purpose grease in everything I own. A lithium works well too. I say any grease is better then no grease at all.

My dad used to tell me as a kid "grease is cheap and parts are expensive" Just keep a eye out on your oil and grease levels and you'll be fine. Unlike my neighbours kids who blew up a engine on a $7,000 zero turn mower by NOT checking the oil level at all.

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
Listen to your friend. Lucas makes great grease. Chevron and Shell make great diesel engine oil.

Hydraulic oil is an issue of considerable debate. Do a search of the site for opinions.

I use Kubota, New Holland, and/or Case hydraulic oil. The tractors run better, quieter, and cooler. And yes, I have tried the cheap oil that is supposed to satisfy UDT requirements. It simply doesn't work as well.

In the L48 backhoe, Amsoil hydraulic fluid is used for reasons stated in other posts. But $500 for a hydraulic oil change and over $100 in filters can put people off.

CTC01

Nov 3, 2011
IN, USA
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Bought it right at a year ago for my 50th birthday. First NEW anything I ever bought. Still cant believe how nice it is and how much time it saves me. 60 inch MMM makes short work of me 3.5 acer yard. Loader and hoe are the real deal not toys like some think.

Spent enough money on it that it is going to get nothing but the best.

Thanks again

Todd