What is this

Bsromine

Equipment
L2800
Jul 25, 2021
Southern1
Anybody know what this connector is? Kubota L2800 early 2000s model. Single wire going from the wiring harness to the positive battery terminal. It’s corroded badly. I cleaned it and reconnected it when I changed the battery and my temp and fuel gauge then started working for a few minutes before going offline again. The connection on it is almost entirely corroded away though and beyond repair. Before I cut it off and hardwire it though, I’d like to know what it is.

fuse maybe?

Attachments

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
My guess is it's the main feed to the entire tractor, except starter. Fat red is +12 ,lotsa amps. Should go to a 40 A slow blow fuse.

You can get the WSM at www.kubtoabooks.com for free. Chapter 9 electrical has the wiring diagram, lower left is battery, you can see 2 connections.. to starter and to a 40A slow blow fuse.

hope this helps

Reactions: 1 user

Bsromine

Equipment
L2800
Jul 25, 2021
Southern1
My guess is it's the main feed to the entire tractor, except starter. Fat red is +12 ,lotsa amps. Should go to a 40 A slow blow fuse.

You can get the WSM at www.kubtoabooks.com for free. Chapter 9 electrical has the wiring diagram, lower left is battery, you can see 2 connections.. to starter and to a 40A slow blow fuse.

hope this helps
This is on the thinner wire so I’m guessing is a slow blow fuse. Going to pick up one at autozone and see if I can wire it in and get my dash gauges to work again.

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
I'm not familiar with that specific machine, but it doesn't appear to be a factory kubota style connector. They tend to crimp connectors rather than nut and bolt them. It also appears to have a blue ring terminal on the back side of it, which they also do not use..... My bet is something aftermarket

Reactions: 1 user

Bsromine

Equipment
L2800
Jul 25, 2021
Southern1
The blue crimp was actually me two years ago trying to fix this. Originally that black connector had a copper ring and the thing was bolted onto the bolt crimping the battery terminal connector. When I rigged it everything worked for a few minutes then quit. The copper ring on the black plastic connector was eroded to only a half moon left. So I imagine it’s not getting a good connection at all.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
best to print out the wiring diagram and compare to what you see. Essentially a process of elimination. You'll have to follow the wire to wherever it goes.That should tell you what it's for.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm pretty sure that is just a positive feed wire.
The connector was done to make it disconnectable from the battery cable.
I would need to know the colors of the wires on both sides of the connector to know for sure.

Reactions: 1 users

Bsromine

Equipment
L2800
Jul 25, 2021
Southern1
I'm pretty sure that is just a positive feed wire.
The connector was done to make it disconnectable from the battery cable.
I would need to know the colors of the wires on both sides of the connector to know for sure.
Red. And I am thinking you are right. Just a disconnect.

LLWF

Equipment
Kubota M9000
Mar 12, 2024
Missouri
On the topic of battery terminals.. I need to replace a badly corroded terminal connector. I cut off the old connector to put on a new one just to find that the wire gauge was much larger than the replacement terminal I purchased would allow for. Does anyone know how to tell what gauge the wire is? I did a rough measurement at about 0.5" diameter which means I need a connector that fits a 4/0 or 5/0 awg. The largest replacement connectors I can find however are for 4/0 gauge and I am afraid that it will not be large enough for the wire.

Tractor is a Kubota M9000

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
On the topic of battery terminals.. I need to replace a badly corroded terminal connector. I cut off the old connector to put on a new one just to find that the wire gauge was much larger than the replacement terminal I purchased would allow for. Does anyone know how to tell what gauge the wire is? I did a rough measurement at about 0.5" diameter which means I need a connector that fits a 4/0 or 5/0 awg. The largest replacement connectors I can find however are for 4/0 gauge and I am afraid that it will not be large enough for the wire.

Tractor is a Kubota M9000
Replace the entire cable with a new one.
Clamp on ends fail in a short time and without warning.