What Is Correct Procedure / Bucket Position When Parked In Garage

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Be careful using cinder blocks because they can collapse. They sell cement pads that are 12x12x4 inches that are great for what you are needing

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
I lower bucket on to 2 short pcs of 2x6. This mostly for air circulation not getting a puddle of water under bucket between concrete.

I figure tractor hasn't moved since around October 12.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Mine sit for awhile too, especially in the winter. It had already been welded a few times when I got it, but my JD bucket wasn't in the best shape when I got rid of it. This is the first winter with the Kubota so I"m going to try to make sure snow doesn't sit in it between uses.
bucketCrack03.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
as for 'pads', up here, you can get free patio stones on the web.... the 'trick' is to get all the same sized ones ! I get the 18by18s as they are just managable for me to lift onto 2 wheel dolly. Placed on a 2" bed of 'crusher run/ 3/4" minus' they hold up very well,look nice, kill weeds, etc...

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
It's been 3 days since I've been on it. Honestly can't remember if the bucket is on it in the mancave or outside next to the box blade. Heck, maybe the forks are on it right now. I just park it, turn off the key and move on to the next thing on my list. Pretty sure this tractor will last longer than I will no matter what I do to it, as long as I keep up regular maintenance.

ki4dog

Equipment
L2501, Loader, DH1060, Titan 1205 rotary cutter, Titan pallet forks, TERYX
May 30, 2020
Kingston, TN
I keep my bucket flat or tilted down a bit even in the dry and no blocks or anything for ventilation. That Piranha tooth bar is sharp! I keep the paint protected from exposure just for potential resale value, although I don't foresee ever selling it. I know I would pay more for one that looks like a barn princess than one that looks like my old Ford tractors.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
All hydraulics are “relaxed” when I shut down inside the hangar and rest the FEL implement (whatever is on it at the time) directly on the concrete floor. There is never any condensation/moisture concerns in there. Mostly attached implements are lowered for both safety reasons and to remove strain on the hydraulic systems.
The implements stored outdoors are on top of metal R-panel sheets laid upon the ground, with landscape timbers on top of the R-panel and the implements resting on those timbers. If it’s the bucket, it’s tilted slightly to avoid water accumulation (because that breeds mosquitos mostly, but also just to avoid water puddles in it.) All 3-pt implements stored outside are on wood timbers and important mechanicals are covered with various buckets/old plastic coffee canisters/etc to prevent water into u-joints, pto-clutches, etc etc. Box blades, scrapers, carry-alls, etc will be just fine outdoors just about as durable as the pyramids.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I've gotten into the habit of curling my B2650 LA534 loader bucket down to where the bottom of the bucket tilts down at about 60 degrees. Only the working edge of the bucket rests on the ground or concrete. I also then release hydraulic line pressure by moving control lever through all positions. This does 2 things for me:
1. The bucket doesn't fill with rain/snow/ice while its being parked outside.
2. The poorly thought out design of the exhaust pipe outlet direction on my machine blackens the loader frame every time I start it when the bucket is lowered flat to the ground. Raising the bucket by tilting it down moves the loader frame up out of the path of the startup black puff.
The bucket needs to tilted enough that when the hydraulic pressure is released when parked that there's no loader weight torqueing on the hinges and pressing/pulling the rams at rest. I've let it parked for a week without any position change. And for it to move or sag in that parked tilted position it would have to also move the tractor.
That's my system.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
What's with the on a pallet, on OSB off the floor crap. It's a bucket not your wife's wedding ring. Mine get driven in the hay barn which has a sand floor, I shut them off drop the bucket or forks or whatever to the ground and forget about it until I need it again. My open station is parked in the back of the barn in the corner and won't be started until spring. I topped it off with fuel and powerservice plus biocide, disconnected the starting battery and there is sits with the bucket flat on the sand floor and the seat uncovered so the resident barn cat can sleep on it. Ain't no paint on the bottom of my buckets anyway, hardly any on the sides either. I use them, not a toy for me. A tool. They get washed but I've never waxed either. Wax is for ears. and wash is via pressure washer and foam cannon and maybe if I feel like it a truck wash brush scrub off. Same with the cars.

Having said that (not that anyone will agree with me as to they are a tool, not a toy) I DO check all the fluid levels prior to starting them EVERY time and I check the tire pressures at least every other time they get used and I grease them completely every 10 meter hours.
Something that looks good when you go to sell it will get you more money, and is easier to sell than something that doesn't.
That is a fact.
Mine is parked in a shed with a gravel floor. If there's mud on the bucket when I park it, either the mud ends up in the gravel, or gravel sticks to the mud.
The pallet works for me, your sand floor works for you.