What happened to my Kubota?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
5 years and 27 hours??? I think I had 27 hours on mine the first week :)

Agent Orange

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Mar 11, 2022
Great cacapon West Virginia
This is an L2501 bought new in 2016 and has 27 hours on it. I use it to scrap my drive and move rock occasionally. Just dropped a new battery in it and it turns over but won’t crank. This tractor always fired up as soon as the starter was engaged but now it just spins over. I put a new fuel filter in it yesterday but still does the same thing. Turned the bleed screw open and it finally fired up and ran good, but when you shut it off and try to crank it again it just spins over. Could the new battery be the culprit? It is a new Kubota battery but is not maintenance free like the one that originally came in it. I just got this tractor paid for last year and now it’s giving me trouble. Thanks for any help here…
Check your fuel filter and fuel supply line

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Why is this website seem glitchy on my iPhone. I type something and then get an error erasing most of what I just typed? Anyone else having that problem? I’m glad I found this site though!
Yes, I had that problem too. Was unbearable to use. A download of the “BRAVE” browser which is an ad blocking browser, let’s this site run without errors.

Wmrick56

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Mar 9, 2022
NC
The worst thing to do is let your tractor sit with no usage . Thats is any equipment….
I just want to add one more thing about the bleed screw on this L2501... if you leave it open till the engine starts to sputter, it will create an issue kinda like flooding the engine. It then takes about 20 cranks to clear whatever happens when the screw is left open too long with it running. Not sure exactly what this bleed screw does, but I think I'll stay away from it unless it's absolutely necessary to use it. Even then, it appears that it should be turned off as soon as tractor fires up... just a thought. I now have 29 hours on it! Thanks for all the replies!!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
OK, this is what I accomplished today. Drained a

Thanks to everyone for the replies! It was indeed a fuel problem. I drained the tank and put in top tier fuel with Stabil stabilizer and Biobor JF biocide. Only put in 5 gallons for now. Cranks and runs as it did brand new now. Thanks again 😉
You wasted your money putting 5 gallons into the tractor. At the rate you use the tractor, a gallon would have been more appropriate. for the next couple of year's use.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You wasted your money putting 5 gallons into the tractor. At the rate you use the tractor, a gallon would have been more appropriate. for the next couple of year's use.
Ah Ha,..... but condensation forms in a partially filled tank.
He actually should FILL the tank, and use only a thimble full each year.
Diesel has a long storage life.

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
My tractor usage is in spurts. It'll sit for many months and the suddenly, get five hours a day for a week.
I have about 250 hours on it now. One fuel related issue (alge), the first filter was black and crusty. I try to keep algecide in my fuel and I keep the tank filler right to the very top to reduce in 'breathing in' of humidity. But still....
So keep the tank full, use algecide. Keep an eye on the fuel filter. When changing a filter, attach to the tank side first, let the filter fill with fuel pror to attaching to the engine feed. If you have a nice old style bowl filter, clamp off the outlet hose so air does not flow up when servicing the filter.

Wmrick56

Equipment
Kubota L2501
Mar 9, 2022
NC
Yes, I had that problem too. Was unbearable to use. A download of the “BRAVE” browser which is an ad blocking browser, let’s this site run without errors.
Downloaded the Brave app and all is good now. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 users