What does this knob/screw do?

brewtoda

Equipment
M5400
Jan 2, 2016
Ada, OK
I'm having trouble getting my newly installed loader to work properly on my M5400. I saw on another post that a member said they needed to turn this screw to complete the installation. My question is what does this screw do? Mine is positioned in the opposite position (roll pin points to the right). My loader only seems to work when I activate the remote lever, and I have now power down.

Attachments

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I dont know your particular tractor but will jump in until someone who does responds.
Often in earlier Kubotas you installed a "power beyond block" to provide hydraulic power to circuits outside those that came with the tractor.
I wont go into a lengthy description of power beyond except to suggest you goggle the term to find many explanations.
You talk about having power down. If you are talking about the 3 pt hitch this should not be possible as the cylinder(s) which lift the 3 pt arms are single acting ones.
If you are talking about your FEL then it sounds like it is working properly.
I suspect that you only turn the roll pin item when you have a remote valve, say in your case the valves to control your loader's arm and bucket cylinder, to accept the hydraulic pressure and return any and all unused flow to the reservoir so that the hydraulic system is not continually blowing the relief valve.
Hope this info is of some help.
Dave M7040

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The screw is a bypass to the add on valve.

Just by seeing the way you have the loader attached and you stating that it only works when you activate the remote lever, you have the loader attached to the tractors hydraulic system incorrectly.
Here is how you attach the hydraulics properly.

Attachments

Last edited: