What didn't you do with your Kubota today ?

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I am wondering if I am the only person here that may not use the tractor for a week or more.
New furnace and windows means not burning wood as extra heat source.
Generator so no need for fireplace during blackouts.
If I want to see a fantastic manicured property I will drive down the road to where the summer people pay big bucks to landscapers.
I support my local farms by buying their goods and turned my garden under years ago.
If the grass gets high or the gravel washes out, I expect to jump on the tractor knowing it will start after sitting and get to work.
Anybody else like me or am I a Unicorn on OTT ?

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
It's at the dealer getting a FEL, so I did nuttin' with it.

I gather new FEL's are almost like hens teeth or rocking horse p00p, so I count myself lucky.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
Either you're not a unicorn or we both are. I use my tractor for mowing my fields a couple times a year or clearing the driveway of snow a couple times a year. Other than that I'll do assorted odd jobs and clean up chores through the summer - brush pickup or light dirt work. Having whipped the place into shape I don't need a tractor a lot any more but it sure is handy when I do want it.

Reactions: 1 users

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
I use mine for so many random things, but it may sit for a few weeks at a time without getting any attention. This past weekend I used it to unload a concrete saw out of the truck, then spent all weekend making dust while the tractor just sat there. I don't need it everyday, but it's great to be sitting there waiting for me to need it.

Reactions: 2 users

Daylight

Equipment
BX231, Ortolan T10
Feb 25, 2021
I'm almost ashamed to say, but my BX231 last turned a wheel in August 2020... Last time I mowed the meadow was almost two years ago.

Between a job overseas requiring long absences and short vacations, the restoration of the 17th century country house and its surroundings, my parents growing old and dependent, and the best part of my life being severely ill (nothing life-threatening, but very nasty), I just don't have the time. Even now, on extended sick leave myself, there are too many other things to do, and not enough time. Sad, and sometimes frustrating, but that's life.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Prior to last weekend, it had been about a month since I moved the tractor. The weather hadn't cooperated and nothing was that pressing to be out rutting everything up. Last weekend, finally got out there and got maintenance and started the annual mowing process. My guess for the next several months will be moving the tractor more than I want as the mowing season hits in full.

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Used mine today to clear 10" of WET Snow that came off the garage roof into the driveway. The plow wasn't going to move this stuff. Before that it was out to pick up and put the Snowmobile away for the summer into the Con-X box, Last month.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I was on spring break down south for a week, when I got back we got 6 inches of heavy wet snow. I almost started the tractor to plow the snow but decided to let it melt rather than beat up the gravel driveway. I'm not likely to use the tractor until the snow melts and the ground hardens up.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I didnt get the B stuck in the mud in the orchard, I didnt say bad words, I didnt use the BX and block to pull the B out of the mud ,nope I didnt do anything

• Haha

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I am wondering if I am the only person here that may not use the tractor for a week or more.
New furnace and windows means not burning wood as extra heat source.
Generator so no need for fireplace during blackouts.
If I want to see a fantastic manicured property I will drive down the road to where the summer people pay big bucks to landscapers.
I support my local farms by buying their goods and turned my garden under years ago.
If the grass gets high or the gravel washes out, I expect to jump on the tractor knowing it will start after sitting and get to work.
Anybody else like me or am I a Unicorn on OTT ?
My tractors joined me in accomplishing nothing significant for another day! But we had fun doing it.

So we didn't do a lot again, but it was a joint effort!

I am retired but they ain't, so I guess they may be taking advantage of me somehow. I don't hold it against them though.

Is this unusual or abnormal? I will have to discuss this with them and hopefully we will come to a consensus...

• Haha

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
Started it yesterday and rolled down the drive and back working the FEL to get some blood running through its veins.
It's so wet around here I can't get anything done! It sits more than it's used but that may change with a new mower deck if I go that route.

Oh.. what didn't I do today! I didn't do anything with it today!