What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Sunday I moved four bucket loads of ash. That's a year worth of ash from the wood burning boiler we use to heat our house. It had rained a couple of days before, so it was a little easier to move than when it is dry. The only bad thing was I had to get off the tractor and use a shovel to get it all up and in the bucket.

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Sunday I moved four bucket loads of ash. That's a year worth of ash from the wood burning boiler we use to heat our house. It had rained a couple of days before, so it was a little easier to move than when it is dry. The only bad thing was I had to get off the tractor and use a shovel to get it all up and in the bucket.
If you spray your bucket with diesel fuel before moving sticky stuff it can be pretty helpful in getting the load to let go.

I’m not sure if that’s still politically / environmentally correct. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with all the changes in “acceptable”. But it does work.

Edit: Reading that back, maybe I misread that the first time and the shovel work was getting the last of the ash in the bucket, not having to shovel sticky wet ash out of the bucket. If so, my bad…

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Snuck out after lunch today to do part 2 of a small grading/seeding job. Was done in 2 hours with a couple of yards of screened topsoil. Made some nice coin for a small job...just the way I like them.

didnt bother with pics...looked like last pic in post 18,451...a little bigger area with seed and straw ;)

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you spray your bucket with diesel fuel before moving sticky stuff it can be pretty helpful in getting the load to let go.

I’m not sure if that’s still politically / environmentally correct. Sometimes I have a hard time keeping up with all the changes in “acceptable”. But it does work.
"acceptable" is an interesting issue.
How is it "acceptable" when road resurfacing, to initially apply thousands/millions of gallons of hot thick oil "tack coat",...... often referred to as "road oil"?

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
My neighbors had $4k of gravel delivered over the past couple of days and had quite the mess outside their house with large piles of 3/4 crush. They asked me if I'd get the piles moved and leveled since they don't have any way to do that sort of work other than with shovels and a wheelbarrow.

I used the new bed mounted fuel system to fill up the MX this afternoon. So much easier than 5 gallon containers.

mx6000_fuel.jpg

mx6000_grade.jpg

mx6000_grade_2.jpg

mx6000_grade_3.jpg

mx6000_grade_4.jpg

Reactions: 14 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Later this afternoon I moved the land leveler to the M6060 and tried to improve the lower common driveway. My neighbors had a bunch of gravel dropped there too and it's soft and deep in places. It'll be a while before I can get it sorted out since we don't have a roller. Once we've had some traffic on it I should be able to do a better job of getting it level.

The M6060 is such a beast of a tractor and it'll pull a fully loaded land leveler up hill in mid range and 1st gear.

m6060_grading.jpg

m6060_grading_2.jpg

m6060_grading_3.jpg

Reactions: 14 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Later this afternoon I moved the land leveler to the M6060 and tried to improve the lower common driveway. My neighbors had a bunch of gravel dropped there too and it's soft and deep in places. It'll be a while before I can get it sorted out since we don't have a roller. Once we've had some traffic on it I should be able to do a better job of getting it level.

The M6060 is such a beast of a tractor and it'll pull a fully loaded land leveler up hill in mid range and 1st gear.

View attachment 126513

View attachment 126514

View attachment 126515
You've got beautiful scenery out there.

Reactions: 4 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
You've got beautiful scenery out there.
For sure ... and thanks! As I was driving up the edge of my property to my neighbors, I could see 40 or so elk on the hillside. They're about 1,000 yards from my house in this photo which was taken near the top of my place. If you look in the center of the bottom photo you can see the elk.

top_elk.jpg

top_elk_2.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Don’t think I would try one. I have a kind of deep ditch to mow Besides my yard. Thought about it before getting my 1880 but needed something for snow removal and a loader For moving dirt around. Was my 1st time removing and putting it back on so hope future movement gets easier.
I'm in your camp. I've never owned a zero turn and likely never will. I cut with a rotary cutter, flail and this year also with a folding cutter. Small wheels and tires don't work well for me with the kind of cutting I do or the terrain I have to deal with. I don't have to worry about cutting around trees or under stuff. I typically cut large areas such as these fields. If I see a zero turn out here it's getting mulched! 😂

mx6060_rcr1884_3.jpg

mx6060_rcr1884_1.jpg

lvr_mx_02.jpg

lvr_mx_03.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I unloaded the 6' brush hog from on top the trailer where it's stored all winter, inside. The cherry picker inserts into the receiver of my fork lift rack, held in by compression, 2 chains sit in notchs cut into the top part of the frame, it comes off and on in about 30 seconds. Made out of "stuff I had laying around" and just until I made a real picker, but it's proved to be good enough.
IMG_20240413_100810906.jpg
IMG_20240413_101131370.jpg

Note to self: remember to de-rig the cabling used to lift it, securing it to the mower deck, away from the drive line, BEFORE first use!

Reactions: 5 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I unloaded the 6' brush hog from on top the trailer where it's stored all winter, inside. The cherry picker inserts into the receiver of my fork lift rack, held in by compression, 2 chains sit in notchs cut into the top part of the frame, it comes off and on in about 30 seconds. Made out of "stuff I had laying around" and just until I made a real picker, but it's proved to be good enough. View attachment 126537 View attachment 126538

Note to self: remember to de-rig the cabling used to lift it, securing it to the mower deck, away from the drive line, BEFORE first use!
I like my BH for simple tasks like this.
A short piece of chain, and away we go!

Last edited:

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I did the mower moving after a 10 hour day operating my 30 ton boom truck, hydraulic systems are one of the best inventions ever, for sure, under appreciated by most, not us!

Reactions: 3 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I did the mower moving after a 10 hour day operating my 30 ton boom truck, hydraulic systems are one of the best inventions ever, for sure, under appreciated by most, not us!
Curiosity: What are you using your boom truck for?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I unloaded the 6' brush hog from on top the trailer where it's stored all winter, inside. The cherry picker inserts into the receiver of my fork lift rack, held in by compression, 2 chains sit in notchs cut into the top part of the frame, it comes off and on in about 30 seconds. Made out of "stuff I had laying around" and just until I made a real picker, but it's proved to be good enough. View attachment 126537 View attachment 126538

Nice! I have a CAI SSQA boom pole but haven't used it yet. I bought it to raise steel trusses up in the air and will be using it this spring for sure. Using a backhoe to unload equipment is limited since you can't easily or safely pick up and move. Now an excavator is a whole different animal and way more capable than a backhoe when it comes to this sort of thing. I've unloaded a lot of equipment from trailers using the FEL. I never picked anything off a trailer using the backhoe when I had the BX25D.

I used a to run a boom truck many years ago when I worked as a diver/welder. The same limitations apply to the boom truck, but it was good to lift a big diesel hydraulic pump on and off the bed at a job site. We used to cut concrete piles using a Swiss-made hydraulic ram and needed a large pump to run the equipment.

m6060_disc_harrow_02.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Thermos bottle is best invention ever!

You put hot stuff in there,..... it keep it hot....
You put cold stuff in there......it keep it cold.....
How do it know? :(

ely4donnie

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
I spent about 2.5 hours trying to connect the PTO shaft from my MMM to my BX2380. Every spring it's the same thing. The collar on the connector won't stay in the unlocked position. I've cleaned and lubed it, but nothing works. If I get it to 'stay' clicked back, the slightest touch will put it in the locked position. Plus the weight of the shaft makes it impossible for me to at least get it started on the tractor PTO and then pull the collar back.. (I'm not the biggest, strongest guy.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Or I don't mow during this coming grass growing season!)

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I spent about 2.5 hours trying to connect the PTO shaft from my MMM to my BX2380. Every spring it's the same thing. The collar on the connector won't stay in the unlocked position. I've cleaned and lubed it, but nothing works. If I get it to 'stay' clicked back, the slightest touch will put it in the locked position. Plus the weight of the shaft makes it impossible for me to at least get it started on the tractor PTO and then pull the collar back.. (I'm not the biggest, strongest guy.) Any suggestions would be appreciated. (Or I don't mow during this coming grass growing season!)
Good day.

I am not sure what is right, and I sure each have their own method that works best…for me I do several things:

1. A little bit of grease.

2. I put a wood block under the telescoping shaft to support it (that allows me to change position or adjust my hands without setting it down…having the shaft suspended IMO makes a huge difference.)

3. I come at it 2 ways…first time I am close to perpendicular to align the spline by rotating and pre set the collar once it is on the tip of the shaft…second time I come at an angle and just reach up to the suspended shaft / collar and finish the job (I change positions to this and use both hands so I can hold collar back and slide forward…long arms help as I can’t get my shoulders under there😉)

I am not sure that helps or makes sense, but that seems to work for me. 🥃

Sawburner

Equipment
L2501, Gravely 526
Dec 18, 2022
NY
27C09DA6-9218-456F-ADA4-FA0C5B41D5B0.jpeg

Trying to cut down on the mud. I dug down and put some crusher run down still need to grade it. That should help with tracking mud into the shop.

Reactions: 7 users

Razorback007

Equipment
Kubota L4802HST
Jan 6, 2024
Prairie Township, MO
Today I filled 6 raised beds (@ 4-1/2’ square x 14”) for my wife’s veggie garden specials.
i agree, getting off the tractor 12 times to hand shovel the contents of the bucket it’s out spilling the excess over the sides was a pain. However, it beat the heck out of wheel barreling it. We've have some dandy storms here, and expecting yet another tomorrow, so I needed to get this chore done. The soil was authentic cow paddy enriched pasture blend from a friend. I’m hoping to fence in the perimeter of these raised beds, as not to feed the variety of local varmints ……..