What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Put my belly mower back on. What a PITA. Would like to shoot the silly son of a bitch who designed this. Comes off easy. Took half a day to get it back on. Whatever happened to KISS (keep it simple stupid). Makes me want another tractor so I don’t have to remove the mower on my 1880.
IMHO, for mowing, nothing beats a zero turn!

Reactions: 1 users

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Drilled 16 post holes for a fence around a pond. Posts will go in tomorrow.
IMG_0291.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I'm feeling really dumb today. Do you mean fill the extractor with fresh coolant, then draw a vacuum, then open the valve to suck the coolant from the extractor? If so, I didn't try that and didn't even think of that. I had tunnel vision today after reading the Schwaben "manual" and was so tickled to discover that it would work with the EWK extractor that I didn't think of much else. I will do better when I swap out the coolant in the M6060 later this month .... maybe. :giggle:
Yep, that's what I mean.
Thinking about it a bit, it may not work that way because the extractor tank is where the vacuum comes from. Any residual fluid pulled out would end up un the tank without some sort of intermediate reservoir. And, you'd have to be able to pull enough vacuum to pull the fluid back in.
There might be a way. My gears are turning now. It would be so much easier that way.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Put my belly mower back on. What a PITA. Would like to shoot the silly son of a bitch who designed this. Comes off easy. Took half a day to get it back on. Whatever happened to KISS (keep it simple stupid). Makes me want another tractor so I don’t have to remove the mower on my 1880.
I hated the belly mower on the BX25D that I had for five years. Such a pain to put on, take off, move around and store. I got my tow crushed by that bloody thing on one occasion. I much prefer the rotary cutter or flail behind either tractor, and soon there will be a 12ft folding rotary cutter in the mix.

Two tractors is the way to go for so many reasons, with the only downside being the cost.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Yep, that's what I mean.
Thinking about it a bit, it may not work that way because the extractor tank is where the vacuum comes from. Any residual fluid pulled out would end up un the tank without some sort of intermediate reservoir. And, you'd have to be able to pull enough vacuum to pull the fluid back in.
There might be a way. My gears are turning now. It would be so much easier that way.
It was easy doing it the way that I did, and I could have used my air compressor rather than the EWK, but your method is appealing. Let me know when you have it figured out and I'll be the guinea pig. :giggle:

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Buying another tractor sounds quite reasonable to me. That or get a dedicated mower and hang the BX deck in the back of the barn.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I removed the snow blower from the MX this afternoon so we'll probably get 2ft of snow next week! I used the MX and pallet forks to install a Snugtop that I sold through Craigslist. The guy showed up with cash in hand and it all went about as smooth as it could go. I had a friend over to do some shooting and he was definitely a big help.

I was able to put the snow blower on the pallet that I was using for the Snugtop so it all worked out in the end and I'm $1,500 better off than I was this morning. A good day!

4.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I sheered the bolt holding on the power steering cylinder. The other end is somewhere in the field. I guess if you want something to break when you hit lock, that's the thing that's easiest and cheapest to replace.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7 users

egp292

Equipment
2024 BX 2380
Apr 8, 2024
Blairsville, Georgia
Hello, new member here. Just recently down sized from my L3901 to my new BX2380. Just sold our place in the Appalachians with 24 acres, 5 of that mowing, to an 8 acre plot, small house but with a huge shop. The grassy area here is very sloped (21 degree max) and approx. 3.5 to mow. I tried hard to get used to my L3901 here but I was too concerned with rolling and ending up underneath of it in the woods, which is national forest - truck driver almost rolled it trying to load it. I’m totally amazed with this smaller BX that is strong for its size. Right now just the belly 60” MMM until I can get back over to the tractor dealer to get the FEL. No gravel driveway to grade anymore, no brush hogging needed, and no more wrestling with the post hole digger to get it pinned. I will miss the fork attachment but will get that with the FEL.
This site has helped me big time and get a good laugh at some of the posts.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
Can’t say I don’t like them. Like I said, on third set.

I just don’t think they’re super. Do like the way they hold an edge and are very good mulching leaves. They are pretty stout, and heavier than ORM blades.

I will likely continue to get them. Like you said, they’re pretty economical to use.

Sorry, I mis read the post. I was most curious what you meant by this " Not a huge fan of the Gator G6 mower blades" Buying a set of G6 for the 2380 very soon so always looking for opinions. Glad to see they work on yours. So I know ill have no issues haha. The factory mulching blades I have aren't very good IMO.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Part 1 of a small grading job to do for a client...Step 1 was 30" maple stump removal.

Stannard stump.JPG

Stannard stump 2.JPG

Step 1 Complete. Woodland Mills WG24 to the rescue

Stannard stump 3.JPG

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
I was on tick tube duty and this guy showed up. 23 tons of 617’s or 57’s with dust. My son is learning valuable FEL skills and I now have him grading the drive. IMG_2160.jpeg IMG_2155.jpeg IMG_2154.jpeg IMG_2161.jpeg

Reactions: 11 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Scooped up & loaded 6 FEL buckets of waste dirt/rock and hauled it to our local rock/dirt disposal pit.
It was a mix of dirt, river rock, roots, landscaping fabric, and rotted wood, hence it wasn't much good for fill on my property, so I got rid of it.
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG

Reactions: 6 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Only one thing better, My wife taking over most of the mowing if we bought a zero turn. So we did and I haven't spent any time on it and have zero skills moving it around to service but she loves it! I still use an old rider for the rough areas and trails in the woods.

Bill

Reactions: 3 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Don’t think I would try one. I have a kind of deep ditch to mow Besides my yard. Thought about it before getting my 1880 but needed something for snow removal and a loader For moving dirt around. Was my 1st time removing and putting it back on so hope future movement gets easier.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Buying another tractor sounds quite reasonable to me. That or get a dedicated mower and hang the BX deck in the back of the barn.
Need to win the lottery for another tractor. Maybe a dedicated mower down the road but my 1880 cuts grass soooo good I doubt it.

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Hello, new member here. Just recently down sized from my L3901 to my new BX2380. Just sold our place in the Appalachians with 24 acres, 5 of that mowing, to an 8 acre plot, small house but with a huge shop. The grassy area here is very sloped (21 degree max) and approx. 3.5 to mow. I tried hard to get used to my L3901 here but I was too concerned with rolling and ending up underneath of it in the woods, which is national forest - truck driver almost rolled it trying to load it. I’m totally amazed with this smaller BX that is strong for its size. Right now just the belly 60” MMM until I can get back over to the tractor dealer to get the FEL. No gravel driveway to grade anymore, no brush hogging needed, and no more wrestling with the post hole digger to get it pinned. I will miss the fork attachment but will get that with the FEL.
This site has helped me big time and get a good laugh at some of the posts.
The BX line of tractors don’t get much credit here. Great machines for the jobs needed on small acreage. Now if I had 25 acres, I would be owning a lot larger Kubota. It may take a little longer to get the job done but the job does get done. Enjoying mine.

Reactions: 2 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
The BX line of tractors don’t get much credit here. Great machines for the jobs needed on small acreage. Now if I had 25 acres, I would be owning a lot larger Kubota. It may take a little longer to get the job done but the job does get done. Enjoying mine.
I can second that. The BX's seem to be lacking respect, but it do what you want it to do just a bit slower.

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Hah, I know it's not orange. I let the Kubota rest in the shed today after moving a bunch of dirt and rocks yesterday filling in around some 12 inch drainage pipe so I can cross a wet weather drainage area. Today I woke up the ole Ford, changed the fuel filter, changed the oil and filter and then dove into the oil bath air filter as I had never touched it since taking possession of it a few years ago. Well I wish I had taken pics of the before and after as it was about 90% blocked and I am assuming it had not been cleaned in 20 years or more. To be honest, I don't know how the old girl still ran with that restricted mess. Long story short cleaned and back in service today.
IMG_7713.jpg

IMG_7714.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Hah, I know it's not orange. I let the Kubota rest in the shed today after moving a bunch of dirt and rocks yesterday filling in around some 12 inch drainage pipe so I can cross a wet weather drainage area. Today I woke up the ole Ford, changed the fuel filter, changed the oil and filter and then dove into the oil bath air filter as I had never touched it since taking possession of it a few years ago. Well I wish I had taken pics of the before and after as it was about 90% blocked and I am assuming it had not been cleaned in 20 years or more. To be honest, I don't know how the old girl still ran with that restricted mess. Long story short cleaned and back in service today.
View attachment 126497
View attachment 126498
I have a 4WD Ford model 1920, with FEL
Love that little 32 HP (Shibaura) bugger.