What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
The two sticks to the right of the logs are citronella torches. Combination of those and about any moderate strength insect repellant is sufficient to keep irritating bugs at bay. Between the fish feeding on the larva and the dragonflies and bats feasting on the adults, the mosquitoes aren’t very bad at the pond.

They’re much worse in the swampy part of the creek bottom where there are no fish to eat the larva and the foliage is too thick for the bats. Not quite sure why I’d want to chill in a nice chair with my girl in a swampy creek bottom so not a real problem. 🙂

Edit: The little sapling trees in the foreground have been gone for a while. Otherwise that’s basically the view this time of year. View attachment 123192
How deep is it? What kind of fish are in that lake?

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
Nice winch accessory you have there. Does it pivot somehow or is the boom static with the winch line pulling logs up loading over the back?
I like to use that trailer when I'm thinning. It is easier to winch out short logs than long ones when you don't want to bark up the keep trees. I used to load it by hand which has become a problem.

Thin2019Aug2.JPG

I wondered if I could put a crane on my winch and make it work. Last January, as an experiment, I made that crane to see. The very first time I tried it I made this video - all small wood just a test. Several years ago I put the automatic brake on the winch which helps a lot.

Since then I have used it in the woods just to play even though in winter keep trees are much tougher and with snow on the ground skidding long logs is easier and faster. The wooden boom is stronger than I thought. I am building a steel version now.

gg

Reactions: 9 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
IMG_20240228_104301957_BURST000_COVER (1).jpg

Katy moved her bucket rack so I could install insulation and pegboard behind it.

Reactions: 8 users

earlphillips

Equipment
B2650HST TLB, 72" hyd PA SP, 63" 2-stage SB, 60"MMM,Fork Lifts Ballast Bx
Nov 10, 2017
NEW TRIPOLI, PA
Stuck trying to get the steering cylinder off... didn't have 22mm and 32mm spanners it my toolbox. I ordered two open end wrenches from Amazon and the 22mm I will have to resurface so that it will fit the space available on the piston rod.
2017 B2650HSDC-TLB

Attachments

Reactions: 4 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
We have a little seating area by the pond. Nothing fancy at all, just a collection of stuff sitting on the dirt in a clear spot on the shore. Wife likes to move and rearrange stuff a LOT, so when she set this up I agreed to grade level it off after it had been stable long enough to be confirmed as a long term setup. After numerous iterations it has been unchanged for a while. She asked a few days ago if I was ever going to level out the area and clean up the exposed trip hazard roots where the chairs and table sit. The area is on a little hump so just a bit unlevel in all directions. Agreed no changes in past 6 months so I’d put it on the list.

This is kind of a piddly nothing of a project but it’s a good example of why I really love both the SSQA and the hydraulic top link/side link. The furniture is Amish made solid plastic-wood so it’s pretty heavy and cumbersome (forks). The footstool log that had to be moved weighs somewhere between two stout dudes can roll it uphill but can’t lift it and no problem for the loader (grapple because if it rolls off the forks it will be in the pond). Needed to move a little dirt and a couple yards of wood chips (bucket).

To level, started off with the tractor sitting at an angle and boxblade tilted to level. Next pass, tractor was a little closer to level so had to adjust tilt on boxblade. Could have done static adjustments between passes without the hydraulic sidelink but would have been much slower and wouldn’t have been able to adjust while moving, which is helpful maintaining level while the contour of the land the tractor is on changes. If I was better with the blade I could have gotten it done with fewer passes but I didn’t want to take out more roots than necessary or have to finish with backfill after over cutting so took it slow.

Need one more bucket of chips to finish. Got close, but was in a race against the rain and didn’t quite get it in before being rained out. At least got the bare dirt covered and the furniture back in place. View attachment 123185 View attachment 123186 View attachment 123187
We want to do something similar on our creek bank. My wife found a spot. To make a semi direct path has got to be through the most dense woods on outer property 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
View attachment 123220
Katy moved her bucket rack so I could install insulation and pegboard behind it.
If you try using some "3M 303" on your (plastic) console/cowl you may be able bring it back to an almost black original color, but it would need to be applied repeatedly.

My console/cowl looked dull like yours, and I used ..... "Dupli-color Vinyl & Fabric"..... spray.
It is available on Amazon, but a local source might be better, to get the appropriate color.
I sprayed that 3 years ago,.... and it still looks like new!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
If you try using some "3M 303" on your (plastic) console/cowl you may be able bring it back to an almost black original color, but it would need to be applied repeatedly.

My console/cowl looked dull like yours, and I used ..... "Dupli-color Vinyl & Fabric"..... spray.
It is available on Amazon, but a local source might be better, to get the appropriate color.
I sprayed that 3 years ago,.... and it still looks like new!
Thanks, I may do that when (if?) I put a volt meter and 4wd indicator in the dash. Poor Katy led a rough former life, she could use some TLC. I noticed from ladder-top that the top of the canopy is showing some rust and needs repainting.

X-Man

Equipment
B1750 HSTD
Jan 29, 2024
AUstralia
I have issues turning my head. So I got a cheep rear camera and screen, I have tested it looks ok. Now I have to install the thing.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I have issues turning my head. So I got a cheep rear camera and screen, I have tested it looks ok. Now I have to install the thing.
If it works well, post up some pics and details when you get it installed!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My old girl lived outside
Thanks, I may do that when (if?) I put a volt meter and 4wd indicator in the dash. Poor Katy led a rough former life, she could use some TLC. I noticed from ladder-top that the top of the canopy is showing some rust and needs repainting.
My old girl lived outside for her first 13 years, and had a lightly rust covered top also.
I lightly sanded, and applied a coat of OSPHO.
Then sprayed a thick coat of Valspar equipment enamel (with hardner).
Now looks very nice!

Then took my ROPS... OFF, and stored it.
I don't like the ROPS, for working among low hanging branches.

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Did 6 inches of wet snow yesterday and woke up this morning with another 6 inches of snow but light and fluffy. Defrost on, classic rock turned up, and the pull type blower did the rest. Beautiful sunny day, -4 Celcius.
IMG_3329.JPEG
IMG_3332.JPEG
IMG_3337.JPEG

Reactions: 12 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

Moose7060

Equipment
M7060, Farm King PT740, HLA 2500 Snowpusher, LandPride RCR1872, Defender HD9 XT
Oct 14, 2023
bc
Nice pics!

What options did you add when getting the pusher? How do you like them? Do you mind sharing pictures of the pusher from other angles? Thanks.

As per your request Sir,

Ordered with the steel cutting edge and the drag back option. Really like it, snow doesn't stick in it but can still lift and pile so some extent if one wishes.
I much prefer it to just using the bucket.
IMG_3225.JPEG
IMG_3338.JPEG
IMG_3340.JPEG
IMG_3339.JPEG

Reactions: 5 users

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

acruxksa

Equipment
LX2610, lx2963, bb2572
Jan 15, 2024
Anchorage, Alaska
Warmed up to 26f with about 4” of snow overnight, so it was the perfect time to get the boss on the Kubota for some practice. After all, the whole point was so that she could keep the path open to our rental property when I’m away working. Went pretty well even though there was barely enough snow to blow…….had to use the box blade to stack it up before blowing, but worked pretty well. She did great for her first time on a Kubota (treadle peddle, she’s used our JD 2025r many times, but no snow blower or box blade on that)

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
It was alleged to be starting a rain about 15:00 today that is probably lasting until sometime tomorrow. Already kind of wet out. Not a good day for outside work. Thought it might be a good opportunity before the rain set in to pull the old mower I grew up with out of the shed and into the shop to see why it wouldn’t fire at all last time I tried about four years ago. Glad I did because when I got to the shed saw a pair of small trees had laid over on it in last night’s wind. Didn’t see any damage to the shed, but it needed to come off before more wind and rain.
IMG_1976.jpeg
Not really what I wanted to see but already had the winch on so went back to get a little rigging.

IMG_1978.jpeg
Rigged up a snatch block, chokers on both little trees in case the decided to part ways, and pulled them off the shed and over in the other direction.
IMG_1979.jpeg
Rain started right as we (our son who lives next door and works from home came out during his lunch to help) started unhooking and putting up the rigging. It wasn’t raining hard and those who’ve told me I don’t have sense enough to get out of the rain might be right, so I went ahead with picking up the mower. Winch did a nice job of that, too.
IMG_1980.jpeg
My deceased father was the last to park it under its own power and I got no clue when that was. Probably been 15 years at least since I drove it. I was hoping it had compression and just needed some TLC to get it going. Battery was dead as a hammer. Pulled a battery from an old Craftsman mower we aren’t using and at least it will take a charge so should have a battery by morning. With few quick spins by hand it’s making sucking and blowing sounds like the valves are doing something but it’s WAY too easy to spin by hand. Looks like I’ll be cleaning it up and figuring out the compression issue before moving to fuel and spark. Hopefully it’s just a valve stuck from sitting forever.
IMG_1983.jpeg

Reactions: 9 users