What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Beatiful day here, upper 60's and full sun.

Completed the 800 hour service today on the MX. As with most equipment I load it up on my flat bed. I dont have to crawl up underneath for drain plugs and all the filters are waist to chest high. The only time I need to be on the trailer is to fill up oils. Just took a few hours to complete.

View attachment 122319 View attachment 122320 View attachment 122321 View attachment 122322 View attachment 122323
I like that idea for the gear lube. I have the same sprayer container on a shelf used once several years ago. What are you using for a valve on it?

Bill

Reactions: 1 user

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
I like that idea for the gear lube. I have the same sprayer container on a shelf used once several years ago. What are you using for a valve on it?

Bill
Yes sir, thanks.

I just release pressure, it's gear oil, only a few drops will splatter out. Important not too over pressurize the tank cause gear oil is thick and takes some time squeezing it throgh the tubing.

Fast Forward to 3:50, I explain and use the same sprayer tank.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Yes sir, thanks.

I just release pressure, it's gear oil, only a few drops will splatter out. Important not too over pressurize the tank cause gear oil is thick and takes some time squeezing it throgh the tubing.

Thanks for the link to your video, you explained it well so I have another small useful project. Should really be a help on things like differentials on the truck and car. Never easy on those.
Thanks again,
Bill

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Did a little bit of this today, wet like cement.

C1F4420F-6F2C-4BA3-AE76-6960701B3DDB.jpeg

Reactions: 10 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Yes sir, thanks.

Thanks for the link to your video, you explained it well so I have another small useful project. Should really be a help on things like differentials on the truck and car. Never easy on those.
Thanks again,
Bill
Did anyone else see the goat?
No but I went back and did! Always aware of your surroundings is a good thing!
Bill

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
No but I went back and did! Always aware of your surroundings is a good thing!
A little something I picked up in 40 years as a field service engineer in industrial services. If you can think of a factory, chances are, I've been in one. One learns to keep his head on a swivel to watch out for things that can hurt/maim/kill in environments where hearing is moot. As well as environments where there's nothing to hear, but plenty to accelerate one's departure from this world. Attention to detail and knowing what's around you is very important in some of the dangerous places I've been.

The goat was well hidden, though, and blended in very well.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
A little something I picked up in 40 years as a field service engineer in industrial services. If you can think of a factory, chances are, I've been in one. One learns to keep his head on a swivel to watch out for things that can hurt/maim/kill in environments where hearing is moot. As well as environments where there's nothing to hear, but plenty to accelerate one's departure from this world. Attention to detail and knowing what's around you is very important in some of the dangerous places I've been.

The goat was well hidden, though, and blended in very well.
I too did in my work in the trades and volunteer fire department service. But that goat was wearing camo!

Bill

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I was outside boiling sap all day…while I had some down time I added a temporary lightbar…what a difference. (Yes I am aware the curb feelers are still on🤪). Still need to fine tune the angle but it sure brightens things up a bit. (Headlights are on in both night pics)🥃
Looks good. I want to do the same and wonder how many watts your light bar is or what mfg/model. Thanks.

gg

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Thanks.

The light is an ‘RBI’ that Tractor Mike markets / sells. Rated at 72 Watts and 5280 Lumens. It is bright. It’s so bright Clark Griswald would be proud🤪. I am going to need to add reverse facing lights (my eyes don’t adjust quick enough from lights on looking forward to looking over shoulder to where it’s dark behind machine when I need to back up.).

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A bit of snow blowing this morning moving a few inches off the driveways and parking areas. I got the new seat cover on the Grammer seat in the MX so now have the same brand/color/material covers in both tractors and really couldn't be happier with the product.

mx6000_blowing_snow_02-14-24.jpg

mx6000_seat_cover.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
The turkeys, cows don't care, the deer take several days to come back after the land has changed. Hogs come when ever, they honey badgers and their give a damn is busted.

Screenshot_20240214_144627_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

GreX

Equipment
BX2380
Jan 8, 2023
Maine
A bit of snow blowing this morning moving a few inches off the driveways and parking areas. I got the new seat cover on the Grammer seat in the MX so now have the same brand/color/material covers in both tractors and really couldn't be happier with the product.

View attachment 122421

View attachment 122422
Are these seat covers supposed to be that loose? Something like that would annoy me while sitting on them, if it created any kind of bunching - maybe its a non-issue once you're seated, just seems like an ill-fitting seat cover?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Are these seat covers supposed to be that loose? Something like that would annoy me while sitting on them, if it created any kind of bunching - maybe its a non-issue once you're seated, just seems like an ill-fitting seat cover?
I have Grammer air ride seats in both tractors and good luck finding a "fitted" seat cover for them. These covers are generic based on cushion and seat back dimensions but I really like them. The canvas has a sheen to it that makes the cover look less fitted than it is but there's definitely no bunching. The quality of the stitching and material are evident and no doubt I'll get a lifetime of use out of them. Additionally, they're easy to remove if needed.

The worst part of all of this was having to remove the plastic covers off the seat in the M6060. The three cushions were encased in plastic and then screwed to the frame, so I had to unscrew each cushion in order to get all of the plastic off.

Reactions: 4 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Finally got some snow. 5 inches. Got to plow some snow. Being warm last couple of weeks, my gravel driveway was a little soft. Tried to use the snow pusher. Dug into the ground to much. Back blade did the job well. Did my driveway and neighbors too.

Reactions: 3 users