What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Glad you added that. Getting the seed trees would require at least selective logging off well over 100 mature trees even if it was just selective cut of the sweet gums that drop gum balls on the grass area. Not worth all that… But I’ll keep mowing them. 🙂
Nuke them from orbit. Sweet gums are way up on my shitty tree list, just behind Bradford pear.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pulled out some old fence posts with the bucket hooks and a chain. Running a string line so I can put in new posts

Reactions: 1 user

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Pulled out some old fence posts with the bucket hooks and a chain. Running a string line so I can put in new posts
Thats next on my list, 4x4 anchored with concrete. I don't think the bucket and chain thing will work for me, the posts would snap before the concrete came out, so backhoe time. I need them out of the way so I can mow and bale.

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Just came back from MD. Brought my son down the PD15 PHD with 6 and 12" augers. I don't have any immediate use for it and he has a split rail fence in need of 60-80 posts to be replaced and he is putting in a zip line for his boys.
Fit in the Mazda fine after disassembly:
in the trunk 20220518_163512_resized.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Just came back from MD. Brought my son down the PD15 PHD with 6 and 12" augers. I don't have any immediate use for it and he has a split rail fence in need of 60-80 posts to be replaced and he is putting in a zip line for his boys.
Fit in the Mazda fine after disassembly:
View attachment 80540
It will probably be more pleasant to hook up in pieces too. Mine was a real chore to get on yesterday. I ended up taking the auger off to make life easier.

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Hauled the M4050 and tiller out to my farm after a winter of maintenance and some rewiring. Reset the slip clutch on my 7' brush hog and then set up for cutting. Cut the lane and trails/roads thru the property, cut an existing 1.5 acre clover and rye grain food plot, and then reclaimed about an acre for a new spring food plot that will be planted in buckwheat next week then turnips late summer and also an area for a pumpkin patch. Tilled the pumpkin patch, but ran out of time to till the other new food plot.

After about 5 hours of use I gave the M4050 a rest and the solenoid didn't want to work on the starter. Had it happen a few times last year also, always after a few hours of use and hot. It eventually started, but for no good reason. I originally thought it may be the safety switch which works off the gear shift, but the starter makes a dull noise when I hit the starter and then a little louder when it's released. This is at least telling me that power is getting past the safety switch. If the safety switch was bad, I would expect to hear nothing. When I was at the farm today, it fired right up on the first try.

Today I put my 4' brush hog in the garage on stands to do some rust repair on the deck. Not a huge job, but getting the tail wheel assembly off was a bit of a chore. Hoping to have it all fixed up over the next week or so. Here's a few pics from yesterday - cutting and the pumpkin patch.

Long Plot.JPG

Pumpkin Patch.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
It will probably be more pleasant to hook up in pieces too. Mine was a real chore to get on yesterday. I ended up taking the auger off to make life easier.
I never had a good solution for storing / mounting it. I eventually got a chain fall under the deck to hang it with. Worked ok but not the best. I suggested to Adam that he build a frame to store it on. Unlike me, he can weld.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Well, First use of the JD 1209 MoCo. I spent a good 6 hours putting the new sickle bar and parts in, and finally hooked it up to the tractro. Worked really good considering I only paid $1600 for it. It needed a new PTo, but I knew that when I bought it, and had to make an equal angle hitch for it, which I didn't know it needed, but knew the sickle bar needed replacement. Thankfully only needed 3 guards along with the wear plates and hold downs.

So all told, $372 for the sickle portion, another $550 for the PTO, and $60 for the steel to make the hitch.

All in, ~ $2600. The least expensive mower near me was $3K when I found this one 2 hours away. Had to rent a trailer to get it, but well worth it.

IMG_7597[1].JPG
IMG_7604[2].JPG
IMG_7605[1].JPG

Reactions: 7 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Ground some stumps yesterday for some quick cash. I wound up using the quick hitch with a PTO extender. All went fine but my neck was still sore from the day before. All in all it was a good weekend for the Kubota.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
I never had a good solution for storing / mounting it. I eventually got a chain fall under the deck to hang it with. Worked ok but not the best. I suggested to Adam that he build a frame to store it on. Unlike me, he can weld.
My $.02.. I just dig a hole about 2 feet deep and leave it there in the hole. Back up, hook it up next time I need it. Takes longer to remove the quick hitch than to hook it back up.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
My $.02.. I just dig a hole about 2 feet deep and leave it there in the hole. Back up, hook it up next time I need it. Takes longer to remove the quick hitch than to hook it back up.
Thanks aa!
Yes I have heard of users doing that and mentioned it to my son. For me, I just couldn't get comfy with the idea of that tip just sitting in the earth . . .

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Poking a few more holes

20220523_143219.jpg

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
Mowed my ENTIRE lawn (weedy grasses) today with my z422-54.
This timeI tackled my hilly grass around the house…some squirrel-y action on a few down slopes but she climbs like a trooper. Found out I need to go up then back down (reverse) in a few spots as it was too steep to keep control…no problem as it’s still faster than with the BX. I’ll figure it out😂

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Mowed my ENTIRE lawn (weedy grasses) today with my z422-54.
This timeI tackled my hilly grass around the house…some squirrel-y action on a few down slopes but she climbs like a trooper. Found out I need to go up then back down (reverse) in a few spots as it was too steep to keep control…no problem as it’s still faster than with the BX. I’ll figure it out😂
Did the front end get a little light as you are going up the hill? I have never used a ZT but it seams like driving up a steep hill does not sound like a great idea. Stopping the mower as you go down backwards does not look like something you want to do either. I load some equipment on my trailer butt first because driving up the ramps forward allows the front end to become squirrely.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Well, First use of the JD 1209 MoCo. I spent a good 6 hours putting the new sickle bar and parts in, and finally hooked it up to the tractro. Worked really good considering I only paid $1600 for it. It needed a new PTo, but I knew that when I bought it, and had to make an equal angle hitch for it, which I didn't know it needed, but knew the sickle bar needed replacement. Thankfully only needed 3 guards along with the wear plates and hold downs.

So all told, $372 for the sickle portion, another $550 for the PTO, and $60 for the steel to make the hitch.

All in, ~ $2600. The least expensive mower near me was $3K when I found this one 2 hours away. Had to rent a trailer to get it, but well worth it.

View attachment 80545 View attachment 80546 View attachment 80547
Wow! Great implement and photos. (y)

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Fuel tank clean out on the L5030 at work. Pretty easy job. Found some rubber bits as well as some hard brittle transparent plastic sheet, algae maybe? Got everything reassembled and will fill with fuel and a dose of power service tomorrow.
79E0FA47-A37E-4C3D-AFD2-9AB74082A9BA.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I picked up the M6060 from the dealer this morning and drove it 3 miles home. I want this beast to be as stable as possible on my hilly property so had the wheels set to widest and beet juice ballast added. I might add wheel weights at some point too. It looks more like the back end of an M5 now.

I was in Illinois for work all last week so it was the perfect time to have the following options added:

Creep range
540/540E
3rd function
Third remote with float option
Top-n-tilt

I like the stainless steel hard lines running along the loader arm but I don't like the hoses they made up for the top-n-tilt. Just no thought put into how they were set up. Also, a panel was scratched, there were oil smudges all over the place and generally I'm not impressed with their work this time. That's what I get for not buying the M6060 from them I guess.

I'm taking the MX6000 to the dealer tomorrow to have the wheels altered to the second to widest setting, or maybe the widest, I still have time to think about it.

m6060_wheels_4.jpg

m6060_3rd_function.jpg

Reactions: 2 users