What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
That place must be falling apart! What are you replacing, cast iron, Orangeburg, ?
Old line was cast iron that ran along foundation wall outside. Rather than dig the whole thing up, it was abandoned and new 4" pvc run inside the basement and out front coal cellar wall. Much less digging and mess that way.

This one was in south Allentown, Pa.

Reactions: 1 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Put the mower on for the last time. Can't say I'm disappointed that I won't have to do it again. Topped off the fluids, greased and have it a bath. Next owner can put it right to work.

20220416_151811.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Got a little tilling in before sunset ! 20220416_192801.jpg

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Calling a person who cuts trees a feller or faller, in this area (and this area only), makes it sound like you luncheon with Grey Poupon and kippers washed down with a wine cooler, which is fine if you're into that. Or maybe I just hang out with the wrong people (very likely).
Feller sounds like a word grandpa would use... "That young feller with his loud music and baggy pants..."

Tractor turned 100 over the weekend.

Saturday I spent several hours working on the driveway and private road. It's been completely wet up until that point. I was able to make it not the worst I've ever seen the road before. Box blade, borrowed my brothers land plane a little later, was still clumpy so I went over it with the rake. I can't wait until it ACTUALLY dries up, but at least it's driveable at a reasonable speed now - we were looking at a couple miles per hour before that. Had about 30 family members over on Sunday, had to do something.

Sunday I got on the little kubota and pulled the yard sweeper around for about 45 minutes. 6 of the aforementioned 30 family members are 10 or younger. Had to have an Easter egg hunt, of course. The dog doesn't make it very far before doing her business. I mean, I can't blame her, I guess. She's 16 years old.

foobert

Equipment
BX2380
Mar 25, 2021
Washington
I think I got my money’s worth from that ounce of diesel headed up the hill to the orchard:
  • 3/4 bucket of compost
  • Tub of biochar
  • Bale of straw
  • 2x 50# bags of chicken feed
  • 2x shovels
  • My lazy butt
AC9EFFED-4665-4190-8AA7-3276975F30FD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I know these here feller who cut down some trees yesterday, that was me.

I got some work done over the weekend, racking up the hours on the new tractor. Those pallet forks are a blessing! Built a 5 gallon fuel tank for refueling both tractors, took longer to pour 20 gallons in the tank from 4 cans than it did for the new pump to fill the 13 gallon tank on the tractor. That will be so nice on the B2410 too with the tank fill on the top of the hood.

Got the no till SAYA505 hooked up, adjusted, and ready for planting, then switched out to the 4' rough cut. Man does this new tractor cut grass nice. I have about a tenth of an acre that used to be old hay that was way over grown and it ran through it like butter. The stall guard is great too, would have killed the B2410 a few times, but this one just chugs right through. Already have 10 hours on it and barely did anything.

Mounted a tool box on the back and found a pair of small ammo like cans that fit perfectly in the cab against the front glass and don't interfere with the pedals. Perfect for storing small items and easy to get to when outside the cab.

So much work, so little time.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I was able to use the "new" Oregon wood splitter to process the last of the maple that I cut a few years ago. It was nasty, knotty stuff and sure doesn't look good in a pile, but it burns well.

The MX is such a useful tractor and it was handy to move the 16ft dump trailer out of the way, move two pallets of concrete, pull the wood splitter down to the chicken coupe of a barn, pull the 10ft dump trailer once all the split wood was loaded up and move the concrete back under cover.

mx_oregon.jpg

mx_midsota.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Planned on trying to get the first mow completed but Mother Nature had other plans. Second day of snow cover here. Not a lot but enough.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Planned on trying to get the first mow completed but Mother Nature had other plans. Second day of snow cover here. Not a lot but enough.
I got lucky on Sunday and snuck in a dethatching and mow and it snowed over it all yesterday. Back to having a white lawn until the end of the week.

Reactions: 2 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Welded a new eye on the broken eyed tilt cylinder that has been kicking around the shop for years.
It is a mismatch of cat sizes to hook it on but I managed to get it installed and now just have to wait till the current crop of mud dries out to give it a test run.
I also have a top cylinder but only one set of rear remotes so it will sit for a while longer.

Attachments

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
Used the BX to move a mower deck I repaired for a friend off my bench and outside.

IMG_20220417_121200412_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
Last night I used my tractor to delicately remove the shore power outlet from the side of my camper.
I had the damn cord in my hand and I told myself, I gotta go get the tractor warming up and I'll come back out and get the trailer ready to move.
Well, in the time it took me to start up the tractor and change it from the forks to the bucket (with the hitch receiver in it), I forgot all about the cord.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Yesterday I finally got to wash most of the mud off the tractor and a couple of implements. After it dried I greased it - again using my sheetrock taping approach, put on 5lbs, sand off 5.5lbs. Only in this case it was put a 1/2 tube of grease on and wipe 1 tube's worth off. . .

Today I used my new stump bucket to plant 4 more Boxwoods. The wife doesn't care for the look of the ramp I made from the driveway into the woods. These kind of hide it.

btw Costco was selling decent sized Boxwoods for $23. I picked up 12 yesterday. The other 8 are going to fill in on one side of the top of the driveway. They also had Arborvitae's that were 3-1/2 to 4' tall. I really like them but the deer like them more. They seemed to totally ignore the Boxwoods this winter.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Picked up a 3 point trailer hitch. So nice to be able to back up the horse trailer and lift it without even getting off the tractor.

Reactions: 1 user

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
With pallet forks and hitch on, I pulled the 5x10 dumper trailer into the back 80 to collect more woodchips to haul home and cleanup firewood site. It's likely the last haul as the road is turning to mush!

Forked the spread-out tamarack branches and tops together into a centralized pile near the chipping spot. Installed the WC68 then refilled the trailer again with chips from tamarack tops and branches. Those piles are really knarly to pull apart to feed the chipper.

Grabbed my BB1560 boxblade which I'd left in the woods, and strapped it to the forks with the 3-point trailer hitch on top of it. Headed back home to drop the chipper and boxblade off, then re-connected the trailer hitch to the 3-point and went back out to grab the trailer load of chips.

Forked my collection of long skinny straight tamarack rails that I couldn't bring myself to chip up, and loaded them on top of the trailer. Probably 20 - 1" to 3", 12ft to 16ft rails there!

That was a heavy trailer load to squirm homeward with through the muddy sections of trail, but the 'bota had no problem. Enough momentum is key, so goosed that hst pedal BEFORE hitting the mud ruts.
Now I'm done with firewood felling and hauling, and 2 1/2 loads of wood chips are in. There's more tops needing chipping back there but the sphagnum bog is filling with meltwater so prob won't get to cleaning up the rest of the tops and branches until either there's a long dry spell, or after freeze-up next winter.

Then a neighbor 4 miles down our gravel road called and asked if I could clear her driveway entrance of snow as she just returned home after working away for months and the plow had left a mountainous ridge at her driveway.

So grabbed the car hauler trailer, mounted the boxblade and loader bucket, and trailered the tractor over and cleared it for her. The snow blower stayed home - no way this wet heavy snow is going to cooperate with the blower - been there done that! The boxblade backing up is a fantastic "bulldozer" snow pile pusher, and also for scooping piles up behind to move to where it can be pushed into the ditch.
Got home around 9pm, still had to walk the doggy. I just left the truck/trailer/tractor parked where it arrived and getting to unloading it now, the next day.

Reactions: 1 user

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Gave the tilt cylinder its first real test and used it to cut and fill the bottom of my Mother's driveway that often washes out during hard rain.
It worked great and is so precise especially when working on an irregular and bumpy gravel surface.
Once the rough fill and grade was done I used the bucket in reverse to pack and smooth.
This really revolutionizes my road building capabilities and now I am seriously considering some hydraulic adaption to get me a second or 3rd set of remotes so I can use the top cylinder that I also had kicking around in the drive shed.