What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
We had a Nor'easter this weekend. Worst one in years from what the neighbour said. We lost several trees and the front of the house looked like a christmas tree exploded with needles stuck in the snow. The trees are 80 ft from the house. The pictures were taken the next day so a lot of the snow already melted off. We got about 6 inches of snow near hurricane force winds and no power for 48 hours. The tractor plowed the snow fine with the back blade. Lots of ice but with the chains had no issues at all. Also had to cut up and push a large spruce off the driveway. got a whole 3 hours on the tractor now.

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I installed a SCOSCHE magnetic phone mount onto the right side door handle in the new MX. I use these mounts in my Jeep TJ and Ford F250 truck and really like them. My phone has a thin metal plate that's stuck to the back and the mount has a magnetic base that holds the phone securely. SCOSCHE supplies a rubber harness/strap that wraps around the phone but I've never used them in 5+ years of using these mounts.

At first I installed it lower down on the handle but decided to move it up nearer the 12V outlet so that it's not in the way of the FEL control lever. This mount has three different plastic adapters to securely clamp to different bar/pipe/tube diameters. The mount is very adaptable to whatever orientation works best.

The right side door has very limited functionality. Maybe an escape route, or to make it easier to reach in and manipulate the controls, or to provide access for cleaning, but it sure isn't an ingress door.

scosche_mount_01.jpg

scosche_mount_02.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion

I took it for a nice trailer ride again, it has enjoyed several hundred miles riding in that enclosed trailer. Then it was dropped off and admitted to the Kubota hospital for the third time for some more surgery. Some day it may need to grow up and do some productive work, but it has been able to put that off for 9 months. It was born with all kinds of defects in the backhoe, hopefully the father will be neutered to prevent more of these births. 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

K.P.

Equipment
B7300, LA272 FEL, B2650, 8160 Ballast, G2460G Mower, Danuser 20/40, Woods RB60
Aug 11, 2010
Cary, IL
Needed more light on my B7300 for snow removal in the neighborhood. I Installed a couple of small flood lights from Harbor Freight on the ROPS. I mounted the lights to 3” diameter magnet bases so I can move them around until I find where I ultimately like them. One facing forward and the other pointed downward at the rear blade. For as small as they are, they’re bright enough to compliment the bright LED headlight bulbs I replaced the stock bulbs with.

4922EB18-1C48-4FFA-804D-DA97DA586545.jpeg

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

I took it for a nice trailer ride again, it has enjoyed several hundred miles riding in that enclosed trailer. Then it was dropped off and admitted to the Kubota hospital for the third time for some more surgery. Some day it may need to grow up and do some productive work, but it has been able to put that off for 9 months. It was born with all kinds of defects in the backhoe, hopefully the father will be neutered to prevent more of these births. 😩
You’re one of the very few people here who make me glad I didn’t get the backhoe. Hope all the bugs get worked out this time.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
You’re one of the very few people here who make me glad I didn’t get the backhoe. Hope all the bugs get worked out this time.
I said from the beginning that Kubota needs to shut down the facility where the backhoes are produced, those folks do not deserve a job. After all the others issues with the thing, just a couple of days ago I had the console cover off where the backhoe levers stick out and found the nuts holding the levers on were ready to fall off.

While I still believe that Messick's will do their best to help, I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling when they assigned the current work to the lawn & garden shop. I parked the tractor among the lawn mowers and such.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Yesterday I picked up my 7’ 9 shank Fred Cain cultivator (all purpose plow) at the FedEx freight depot. Today I attached my forks and unloaded it with my tractor. This implement that I bought through EA is awesome; very heavy construction. I’m looking forward to seeing how it rips up the ground in my field garden.

Reactions: 1 user

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Planted 5lbs of red taters today. I just place the taters in a row then run down row using my " Hiller " to cover. Also 2 long rows of onions, Texas Sweet & Super Sweet.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Planted 5lbs of red taters today. I just place the taters in a row then run down row using my " Hiller " to cover. Also 2 long rows of onions, Texas Sweet & Super Sweet.
Can you post a picture of your hiller?

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Will be back out at farm tomorrow & will take pic. It's just a 3 pt tool bar with 2 discs that throw dirt to make a mound of dirt.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Will be back out at farm tomorrow & will take pic. It's just a 3 pt tool bar with 2 discs that throw dirt to make a mound of dirt.
Sounds good. I'm looking for ideas and trying to get something built by May. Too much money for the commercial options for something that will only get used 15-20 minutes a year.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Pushed some snow before the rain and then another nor'easter arrives

20220113_155250.jpg 20220113_162048.jpg

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
Love to know how much you feel these help out. Please send out update when you get back out there. Thinking of widening on my L series.
Not moved any logs yet, just some loader work on uneven land. It's a very noticeable difference, Jim. Money well spent in my book.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
I used to love fridays but if there is going to be a nor-easter every friday I may have to rethink that. Last week we lost many trees some very large spruce uprooted in the front yard. Not much snow. Tonight will remedy that I think. I went to check the oil and the hood will not clear the front guard I loosened the front guard but could not get the hood to clear. Then I remembered the tech who dropped off the tractor was on the left side and pulled a lever. Duh It is funny that lever is not in the manual. Noticed the first scratches on the hood from moving the tree that fell across the driveway. Three hours in that did not take long. but now it is broke in.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I went to check the oil and the hood will not clear the front guard I loosened the front guard but could not get the hood to clear. Then I remembered the tech who dropped off the tractor was on the left side and pulled a lever. Duh It is funny that lever is not in the manual.
You apparently have the kit installed that moves the guard towards the hood. Some don't like the excessive distance between the guard and the hood, so Kubota came up with that kit.

I did a compromise by replacing the 14mm guard bolts with slightly smaller 1/2" bolts, then held the guard towards the hood when I tightened them. That still allowed the hood to open while reducing the distance. It also doesn't require going around the tractor to do two things.