What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Put another skim of gravel down. Got a concrete pad coming later in the week. The LX2610 is the best shovel/wheelbarrow that I have ever owned😄

20211011_155007.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

billydee

Equipment
B2150HST
Oct 11, 2021
Durango, CO
Tried to figure out if I need a new battery or not.
Have the B2150HST and had to jump start it yesterday after it sitting unused most of the summer then let it run for about 30 minutes or so. Started up ok an hour later.
Today I cleaned up the battery terminals and connectors and it "almost" but not quite started. Jumped it again today and let it run nearly 60 minutes.
Started a search for a replacement battery which feels most likely at this point. The current battery is a Deka 524FMF.

BTW, this is my first post here....

Rzims

Equipment
B7800
Apr 28, 2021
California
Earlier this year, I bought a B7800 and used it all summer. Most recently laying a patio. (my wife loves driving the tractor)

On the weekends when I wasn't using it, I've been cleaning it up. The previous owner let it sit outside on the coast for years and it had quite a bit of rust. Lots of wire wheel, primer and paint....and it almost looks like new..

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users
D

Deleted member 47704

Greased the loader. Love that DeWalt cordless greaser.
My Land Pride RB1572 rear blade got delivered today. Not the one I wanted but was told the RB1672 wouldn't be available until next year.:mad:

Reactions: 1 user

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Murphy was around here today.
Spent the morning searching for, finding and repairing the leak from the fuel tank which I posted about in service and repair.
Got the M fired up and went back to the hemlock stand to haul the logs that I left after discovering the aforementioned leak.
Moved the logs and noticed one of my rear tires is leaking rimguard, looks like it is from the valve stem:(
Ok, we will deal with that later so I went to fell another hemlock and ...no start with the Jonsered.
Does not seem to be getting fuel. It had been running fine earlier.
That did it, I ran down to the local saw shop and bought myself a brandy new Husky 562XP:)
A good way to end a not so good day.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
That's a beast of a saw fruitcakes! Good luck with it. Did you get a 20" bar?
I've given up on gas powered saws. I use them too infrequently and I get the problems you get when they aren't run. Too much effort pulling that rope now. I gave my Stihl away to a coworker 2 years ago and bought a Dewalt battery job with a 16" blade. Good enough for my use.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Oh wow!!! I love 60cc class saws and with a ~12 lb power head, that saw should be a keeper. (y) What length bar did you get?
I've only felled one tree and bucked another but I already love it. Faster and lighter than the old 2171.
20 inches is all I run. I have very few trees larger than 40 inches and most in the 20 to 30 inch range.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Hauled some dirt and did some grading on my bush roads again after all the rain.
20211011_151802.jpg
20211011_151842.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
That's a beast of a saw fruitcakes! Good luck with it. Did you get a 20" bar?
I've given up on gas powered saws. I use them too infrequently and I get the problems you get when they aren't run. Too much effort pulling that rope now. I gave my Stihl away to a coworker 2 years ago and bought a Dewalt battery job with a 16" blade. Good enough for my use.
Yes 20 inch. It really rocks.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Earlier this year, I bought a B7800 and used it all summer. Most recently laying a patio. (my wife loves driving the tractor)

On the weekends when I wasn't using it, I've been cleaning it up. The previous owner let it sit outside on the coast for years and it had quite a bit of rust. Lots of wire wheel, primer and paint....and it almost looks like new..
Wow. Nice job on the tractor and the patio!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Couple weeks ago had a spindly pine around 40’ off our private road about 75’ tall but only about 20” diameter half uproot and get hung in a bigger pine leaning about 20 degrees off vertical and aimed at the road. It seemed stuck pretty good but I had to head out of town early in the morning on business for a few days so figured I had better get it down before I left as it would block the road and be a mess if I wasn’t there to get it up.

It was one of those days where no one got injured, no equipment got busted, everything got done, but nothing went right either.

Told my wife and Dad to stay off the road for about 30 minutes and I’d text them when all was clear. Put a rope and snatch block about 20’ up the trunk, notched it to fall away from the driveway, started to pull on it from a perfectly safe distance to put just a little pressure on it before back cutting. Before back cutting, I shut off the saw and checked the rigging now that it was snug to make sure nothing was in a bind and all was right with it. So of course my Dad comes up from his end of the road on his four wheeler, wife comes down from our end of the road on the Mule and they start an impromptu conference in the road under the tree. Tell my wife the tree ain’t down yet so please park anywhere else on the planet. She knows what tree I’m cutting so she looks at it, realizes her error and moves. Dad decides it’s a good time to heckle me. Wants to know why I’m taking down a perfectly healthy tree and why I need the tractor to do it other than an excuse to use the tractor. If it falls across the driveway, he’ll just whack it off with limb loppers and throw it out of the way. Back in the day he didn’t cut healthy trees for no reason and he didn’t need a grapple on a fancy tractor to move a 3” tree. We then clarify I’m not cutting that tree, I’m cutting THAT tree. He hadn’t notice THAT tree as it wasn’t all that obvious from the road, so he moved without further comment and later thanked me for taking it down. They’re not normally like that. It should have been a sign but there was no stopping at that point anyway.

Do the back cut, leaving a nice even hinge. Not sure how bad stuck it is but know it’s either going to stay on the hinge and pull over or it’s going to pull off the stump and go who knows where. Nothing of value in range so really don’t care. It gets up to about 5 degrees off vertical, pulls off the stump, falls into another tree and is hung again. All the rigging is still in place and there’s nothing in front of the tractor big enough to stop it so forward we go, pull the bottom out from under it and down it comes all perfect.

Dad goes home now that the excitement is over. Wife comes back to help drag limbs and clean up. Plan is to cut the trunk into 10’ or so chunks to dump in the hole about 50’ away, strip the limbs and grapple to the brush pile for chipping later.

Problem 1: Either the pine or a tree it hit was populated by approximately 4 million chiggers many of which attacked me. That shortened the plan to 20’ sections of trunk and we’re taking the whole top which we’ll limb up later for chipping after the chiggers freeze this winter.

Priblem 2: While wife is making a little brush pile from the busted limbs that didn’t stay on the tree, she steps on a yellow jacket nest, flees to the Mule and apparently tries to outrun them as she tears off toward the pond at about 40mph. Even if I could do something for her I couldn’t catch her, so me and my chiggers go back to work. Grapple gets the trunk sections into the hole pretty quick. On to skidding the tree top through the small trees which I have ceased to give one crap about which results in the low range, slow, low impact method going to medium range, WOT, full pedal and to heck with anything I can run over method. As I was pulling the 35’ tree top down the ditch (didn’t care to tear up the gravel with it) at about 10mph, wife passes me coming back from the pond, I guess still trying to lose the yellow jackets, still running about 40, going who knows where. After getting to the general vicinity of the brush pile I grapple the tree top on top of the pile, track down the wife and agree it’s a really good day to sit inside and watch football.

She only got stung twice so she doctored those up, showered, and got lunch together while I put up all the equipment, grappled the brush pile she made over to the big brush pile, and exterminated a nest of yellow jackets. Lunch, shower, and football made a good rest of the day.

Thought I at least had a before pic of the tree. Only pics I could find were the tree top getting loaded on the brush pile. Yes, that’s all one thing and I don’t have a four lane road to the brush pile which is why it had to be skidded most of the way.

83D59788-B820-46C2-BCBD-72CDB1413815.jpeg
EFADB6D7-3080-4AB7-B617-902247A7E9FF.jpeg
BD798BAA-E0AB-44E8-8C69-E39EC5899A88.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
Started digging a 70-100' shallow trench for a French Drain along a section of my driveway as we have water that seeps down the side hill in the woods and just saturates my gravel drive in that area so we end up with standing water in summer and ice in the freeze thaw cycles for winter.

Loader and tooth bar did well yesterday, had to do some work to move a few rocks largest was too large to pickup easily without twisting things........small lift and push worked better got it out of the path for now.

Got my drain tile here already, just waiting on the fabric sleeve as our water is muddy there and I need some filtration to keep from clogging. I'll order my gravel next week so I don't have a random pile hanging out until that sleeve shows up and I can move along.

Some additional digging today.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Finished up the 4th and final load of hemlock this morning.
Pic is the last log to land. 3-16 footers, a 14 and a piece of pulp.
70 feet of usable wood in an 80 foot tree. I had to cut it in half to get it out of the thick woods it fell in.

Attachments

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
YESTERDAY, I installed a fwd facing LED light bar, 2 smaller LED pods facing mostly backwards and angled slightly outwards and a top "flashing" type unit. (orange+white, strobing with 12 patterns to choose from)
( All ROPS mounted.--of course)

I drove it around the yard last night 40mins after official sunset and it was nearly like I was driving in the daytime....it was that bright....what a difference.,,,,it was a little bit shaded (but not dark) off to the sides of me.

I don't mow at night, but I could with this rig. When I was out by the end of the driveway, I could easily see a neighbours mailbox some 400-500' down the road.

This is all for snowblowing (front mounted) I won't even need the snowblower now. I'll just burn the evil white stuff off the driveway with these lazer LED's---sizzle---poof....LOL

Pix when I next pull it outside. Rops are folded down and it's jammed into a corner in the wee garage.

TomGT350

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC
Aug 20, 2021
Maryland
I week after buying my mx6000, and before it was delivered, I had a heart attack and am now recovering. I'm pretty limited to what I can do. 5 pound lift max. I'm adding a few things to the tractor, a radio, arm rests, outside mirrors, rear work light, bucket level indicator, and a rear wiper. Got the radio and arm rest done today, both really easy and took 10 minutes a pc.
IMG_2378.jpeg
IMG_2379.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 7 users

Equipment
B6200 D HST
Aug 16, 2021
Keene NH
I finally made a decision on a size & ordered (2) new 29-12.5-15 rear turf tires for my B6200. I'll measure the inflated circumference before deciding on new front tires. The cheap Carlisle 21-7-10 front tires I already purchased have a smaller inflated circumference than my original Bridgestone 20.5-8-10 front tire, so they aren't technically true to size, & they are only 2 ply instead of the 4 ply I ordered. Not yet sure if I'll replace the incorrect front tires with 20-8-10 turf tires or find trailer tires with the correct circumference.