What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got a Pirahna tooth bar coming, who knows when. Debating on waiting and trying it or getting a Titan
The Piranha is also good stuff. It’ll make your bucket a lot more aggressive and useful for digging in tough clay and roots. Got one of those too. Just make sure you give instructions to NOT put it on anything the shipper doesn’t want to pay for. BXpanded doesn’t package the bar sufficiently for long shipping, and the cardboard box tends to be the tooth bar’s first victim. FredEx wound up writing a check for nearly $600 because of the mishandling of the package and then careless handling again when they pushed the destroyed package onto my front porch with the teeth turned down. Those teeth are VERY sharp and will do a lot of damage. After you install it, quickly develop a habit of putting the bucket flat on the ground when you’re not using it. You do NOT want to bump your head on it, nor any other body part. It’s a bit dangerous to leave it up, especially if you or someone else is working near the bucket edge. Mine sliced right through the side of a Red Wing safety boot. But I still like the product. I just got the Titan short pallet forks as well. They work just fine over the Piranha. The Piranha makes for a little less variation of width because of the teeth, but I used mine today to unload the new roll-up doors for my new shop. I went with the light duty forks (1500 lbs) because the LA535 is only good for 535KG (1200 lbs) at the bucket (SSQA) pins. Not much point in having something that can bend my bucket or FEL boom.

Reactions: 1 user

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Very nice. Osha would love this haha. Do you at least have a safety chain around it in case the operator hits the wrong lever?
Yeah I put a ratchet strap through the back and around the forks. Holds I tight.

D

Deleted member 47704

The Piranha is also good stuff. It’ll make your bucket a lot more aggressive and useful for digging in tough clay and roots. Got one of those too. Just make sure you give instructions to NOT put it on anything the shipper doesn’t want to pay for. BXpanded doesn’t package the bar sufficiently for long shipping, and the cardboard box tends to be the tooth bar’s first victim. FredEx wound up writing a check for nearly $600 because of the mishandling of the package and then careless handling again when they pushed the destroyed package onto my front porch with the teeth turned down. Those teeth are VERY sharp and will do a lot of damage. After you install it, quickly develop a habit of putting the bucket flat on the ground when you’re not using it. You do NOT want to bump your head on it, nor any other body part. It’s a bit dangerous to leave it up, especially if you or someone else is working near the bucket edge. Mine sliced right through the side of a Red Wing safety boot. But I still like the product. I just got the Titan short pallet forks as well. They work just fine over the Piranha. The Piranha makes for a little less variation of width because of the teeth, but I used mine today to unload the new roll-up doors for my new shop. I went with the light duty forks (1500 lbs) because the LA535 is only good for 535KG (1200 lbs) at the bucket (SSQA) pins. Not much point in having something that can bend my bucket or FEL boom.

Wish I knew that before I ordered it. I'm going to cancel it.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Wish I knew that before I ordered it. I'm going to cancel it.
I wouldnt cancel it, you are prob just a week or two away from receiving it. My order switched to "in process" yesterday, 4 weeks to the day, so it should be within about a week of shipping. I have placed 9 orders with them over 3 tractors, and have always gotten their stuff inside 4-6 weeks, has always been worth the wait.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Lol yeah it is the Stihl combi system. Just have the trimmer head on it. I have a ratchet to hold it on but didn’t put it on for the pictures. Put the forks and picker away in the barn and put grapple back on. Getting ready for the hurricane. Looks like this one will be at least a Cat 4.
Stay safe Goz! This one looks like the real deal

D

Deleted member 47704

I wouldnt cancel it, you are prob just a week or two away from receiving it. My order switched to "in process" yesterday, 4 weeks to the day, so it should be within about a week of shipping. I have placed 9 orders with them over 3 tractors, and have always gotten their stuff inside 4-6 weeks, has always been worth the wait.
Maybe it will light a fire under them.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Ever have a tooth bar that went over the bolt on cutting edge? If so how was it? I was Thinking of getting one

D

Deleted member 47704

Put a cover over the plug for the block heater.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
All you folks in Louisiana and Mississippi hang on. Ida’s turned into a bad girl with a big punch. If you live in New Orleans, now is a good time to be somewhere else. Ain’t no place like home, but if a hurricane is visiting, might be a better idea to go visit relatives who don’t live in the path. Y’all stay safe down there. This one ain’t no joke.

Reactions: 1 users
D

Deleted member 47704

Grading and filling holes in a lawn area, moving lawn equipment,rocks,wood chips.

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Cleaned beef barn cleaned meat bird coop out, using b2710, and then put round bales in feeders pastures is not growing so well sled down for winter coming. Unloaded a new to us chipper shredder out of truck for the wife, put chicken plucker and slaughter stuff away from yesterday we slaughtered 59 birds. Cleaned up yard a bit and moved the bush hog with bucket and chain until parts come in...

Reactions: 3 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Nothing better than home raised birds for eggs and meat. It's alot of work to keep and raise them, but the rewards of fresh eggs and meat are worth it to me. The l2501 with fel makes cleaning the coops easier for sure...beats the old wheel barrow method when I was young and broke, but could get er done. Working smarter is a must to continue with all the chores.

Reactions: 2 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Installed the ATI SSQA adapter and Titan fork frame with used forks. Loaded up my brush cutter and herbicide, thinking I'd use the forks to haul saplings I'd cut.
But my nephew was out on his L3600 clearing a sweet gum thicket, so I decided to see how the forks would work to pop out the saplings by the roots. After dropping one fork and learning how to aim one fork, it worked ok. I can see a stump bucket (or a wider fork) would probably work better.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Installed Paul's filter guard set today

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users