What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Another broken house trap replacement. Tight digging quarters paying careful attention to spouting/gutters! All went well with no broken pavers or edging stones.

Peyton 1.JPG
Peyton 2.JPG
Peyton 3.JPG
Peyton 4.JPG
Peyton 5.JPG

Not much evidence that we were even there.

Peyton 6 finished.JPG

Reactions: 8 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
50 hour service on KX and a little rattle can action to fix a minor boo-boo of mine...

50hr service.JPG
50hr service 2.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The output shaft on one of my Bushhog 3008 spindles snapped off so yesterday afternoon I hauled the Bushhog home from the farm property.
IMG_0562.JPG

The Bushhog is set up with a semi-lift and three rear wheels so the wheels were removed before lifting.
IMG_0556.JPG

The actual lift was amazingly simple with the 'side hooks' on the bucket.
IMG_0558.JPG

With the rear wheels removed it loaded nicely onto the trailer.
IMG_0560.JPG

The chain hoist did the unloading.
IMG_0559.JPG

Yes I have a problem but not one that won't be corrected. The left spindle shaft sheared and lost it's stump jumper.
IMG_9270.JPG

I have gotten two new gearboxes/spindles plus new mounting bolts, etc. Yup, shop time ahead.

Reactions: 9 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I finally got the new driveway lights wired and tested today. A project I definitely wouldn't have done without the tractor. I was able to use the post hole digger to drill the 23 holes and the subsoiler to make a small trench to extend my 40v line in the woods (and accidentally snag an on ground conduit that I had to replace and put properly in a trench).

4 of the 23 lights are duds but Amazon already has new ones on the way. A photocell turns them on/off and they are spaced about 14'. Most importantly they passed the boss' approval.

Now I just need to bury the wires and bring some additional fill in.

lights driveway.jpg

and the photocell worked when it got (almost) dark

lights driveway 2.jpg

can't wait to replace the 4 lights that are dead

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 users

Hot Rod

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Jul 31, 2021
Thank you GURN

I used my B2620 with clamp on forks to raise a roll up door to install in my new garage that I am building, it didn't lift it high enough so had to use wood pallets on the forks to give me a little more height

Sorry I didn't take pictures, I am learning that pictures make the post.

Reactions: 1 user

Hot Rod

Equipment
Kubota B2620
Jul 31, 2021
Nice job ctfjr

I just realized something, if I knew that my Kubota could do so much and I was going to do the things I am doing, I would have gotten a larger one.

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I wasn't pleased with my job on the driveway so after a day of rain I went over it again with the boxblade and back dragged some of it with the bucket. It looks much better but it could use another load of gravel.

Richard2010

Equipment
BX23s
Jul 24, 2021
Cannington, Ontario
I filled a hole from a tree stump moved about 10 bucket loads with my fel had a log drop on my hood of my bx23s :( . figure I have about another 500 or so loads to move.

• Sad

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
isn't that a tad on the dangerous side? (seriously)
I use my FEL as a ladder all the time. One of the biggest uses of my forks, with pallet on them - the better half is quite comfortable going up for picking fruit, pruning trees etc. She hasn't fallen off yet.

To be fair, the B2601 isn't that high. Mum (she's 70) goes up on the forks of Dad's big Kioti, that's a long way up - I was up on it last time I visited to chainsaw some branches off a gum tree, and you'd hurt a lot if you fell off. Mum has a safety harness but I've never seen her wear it. To be fair, I'm not sure whether it's better to fall on the ground, or swing under the forks from the safety harness banging into things. I'm going to get a man cage made for mine - in NZ you can take the cage off the large cubes that agricultural sprays are delivered in, and they make an excellent man cage. A safety harness would make sense in one of them.

Reactions: 4 users

jkrez

Equipment
Gr2120, LX3310, bh77 hoe, 64 inch commercial snow blower, landpride pallet forks
Apr 16, 2021
Berks County PA
I moved three of these to get rid of a planting bed around the drain field holding tank. This one refused to stay in the bucket.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I use my FEL as a ladder all the time. One of the biggest uses of my forks, with pallet on them - the better half is quite comfortable going up for picking fruit, pruning trees etc. She hasn't fallen off yet.

To be fair, the B2601 isn't that high. Mum (she's 70) goes up on the forks of Dad's big Kioti, that's a long way up - I was up on it last time I visited to chainsaw some branches off a gum tree, and you'd hurt a lot if you fell off. Mum has a safety harness but I've never seen her wear it. To be fair, I'm not sure whether it's better to fall on the ground, or swing under the forks from the safety harness banging into things. I'm going to get a man cage made for mine - in NZ you can take the cage off the large cubes that agricultural sprays are delivered in, and they make an excellent man cage. A safety harness would make sense in one of them.
I am planning on getting one of those 275 gallon water totes (IBC Tote). Take out the water bladder and it leaves a metal cage on a pallet. Put a ratchet strap around it and turn you pallet forks into a cherry picker.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
isn't that a tad on the dangerous side? (seriously)
To reach the top of our flagpole I strapped a ladder to the raised fel in order to replace the rope that had broken. The ladder was on the ground with my son 'footing' it. Worked great. To be 100 here the top was only 14' iirc.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I am planning on getting one of those 275 gallon water totes (IBC Tote). Take out the water bladder and it leaves a metal cage on a pallet. Put a ratchet strap around it and turn you pallet forks into a cherry picker.
Here's mine....with saw holder and helper :p (dedicated cage dancer not included!). Added 2 pool noodles for cushioning the ribs.

Bean Cage 1.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: 10 users

tbeckett

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Monroe Tufline Disc, Woods Bush Hog, 60" Grapple
Jun 3, 2021
Columbus, MS
Saturday was the first time I really bonded with the tractor. Took it to the farm and after spraying roundup on fields I decided to check the old roads through the woods. Some were pretty grown up with Sweet Gum saplings and other trash bushes. I heard a loud clank as I was driving over a small scrub tree after i used the bucket to push/break it down, it was leaning across the road. Well a little later i went through some more saplings and pushed them down and when I got back to the farm house I saw the Hydraulic valve in all it's glory! Retrieved the cover from the woods and now have ordered the parts to fix this! OOOPS!

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

RollWave

Equipment
BX2660, 60" mmm, loader, 60" rear blade, 48" tiller, 42" rotary cutter
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Found out (out of necessity of course) where the manual shutdown lever is on the engine (and the fact that I had one).

• Wow

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
Got a dumpster to finally get rid of some junk that's been piled up for a few years. Decided after about 3 trips hauling by hand "this is a good job for the tractor".

Yep, it was.

Reactions: 5 users