What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
did my 50 hr service. Went a head and changed the hyd oil to the super HDT and was surprised to see that it will also work in the front axle. Synthetic oils have come a long ways when you can use a hyd oil in a gear case. I am a forklift and convayer mechanic and have used them for years in reducers. Pretty amazing stuff. Now that I have fresh oil and all of the "break in" bits out, I'm looking at many years of playing, um, I meen work. I am still amazed at how smooth the mower runs. That is alot of steel rotating.

zbhover

Equipment
B2620, 60" MMM
Jun 14, 2014
Glasford IL
www.zbcreations.com
I put about 8 hours on the B2620 this last week using my piranha tooth bar to widen our driveway by digging out and re grading the hill on one side and removing a little dirt from the other so It wouldn't be high. Boy did the tooth bar make a worlds of difference!. I then got 15 tons of 3-4" crushed concrete to put down in the new spots of the drive.

I'm at about 47 hour now so by the time I spread some dirt around the foundation and such I'll should be ready to do the 50hr service before mowing season ;)

Dirt I removed to widen the drive, once the yard dries out I'll be putting it around the foundation:

hdcowboy

Equipment
Kubota MX5800 / Kubota L4400 (Sold)
Feb 13, 2015
Villa Ridge, MO
Used a King Kutter gooseneck hitch trailer mover on our 30' flatbed to move a 10x12 tool shed. Probably could have used some ballast on the front end but it did ok.

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
I bought one of the cheaper ones on EBAY and it was made so poorly that the upper pin would not even go through as a result of the two side plates being miss aligned by so far when it was made. Titan Mfg. was the maker seller. Mine was ran on a no reserve auction like they do occasionally and i think they do this to get rid of otherwise scrap. I bought their skid steer QT front plate to be the basis of my lifting plate with hooks and D rings and it was very nice.

Tallahassee Kubota Man

Equipment
M5140HD/LA1153/LandPride RCF2072/DirtDog disc/RakeMaster grapple/Caroni tiller
Got a grapple installed Monday on the M5140. Hard to wait 2 days, but finally got to play with it today.

It's heavy (around 750 lbs) and feels much different up front than the bucket does. Glad I got the 61" version instead of a larger one. Time to lay some trees down and test this puppy out!

Will get some pics uploaded soon.

I always enjoy reading this thread....uplifting!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I sharpened the MMM blades if it gets above 40 I might put them on

HickoryNut

Equipment
BX25DLB/PForks,Front Blade,3PH,and 3Pt STUFF, BXPanded UA, Piranha, BH Dolly,Rip
Apr 15, 2011
NE Georgia
Fired up the B7100 and played with some dirt (also because I missed how it handles) Fired up the BX25DLB and played with some more dirt. I have to say even though the BX25DLB is heavier and can lift more, the B7100 is a bulldog!

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Applied NU Finish to all orange parts, installed two bucket hooks from boltonhooks.com (very nice), and switched from backhoe to box blade in preparation for 60 tons of stone that is being delivered tomorrow.

Finally time to knock some paint off:D

sawmill

Equipment
bx24 backhoe/fel, 48" Bush mower
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I always pile snow in my circular driveway. I got that all cleaned up with the bx.
I wanted to get it cleaned up as soon as possible because my youngest grand daughter comes over almost everyday. With the circular drive blocked she has
to back up towards my shop to turn around. That really raises my pucker factor.
Now she can use the circular without having to back up. :D:D:D

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
I gave the little bx24 a treat today. I changed the fuel filters, engine oil and filter.
Don't you just hate it when you drop the ratchet and socket in the drain pan. I said $#@?;#$!!!!! caught my breath and said @$(+/#?$@#$!!!!. That really helped. :D:D:D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Thats what keeps the ratchets working so well. They are supposed to be lubricated periodically. Obviously you have a self lubricating one. It knows when to jump into the pool.

Had a small rear blade for a lawn tractor, welded a square tube to it and i can offset it behind my L1501. Works better than i expected,especially in my narrow driveway, pulled up edges to make a slope for water to run off. Im building a box blade this summer.

Started every time i needed it, all winter and always below freezing, happy with that.

tcrote5516

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, 50" Front Blower, Heated Cab, 6' blade, 3pt carry all, 3pt hitch
Sep 2, 2014
Southern New Hampshire
Thats what keeps the ratchets working so well. They are supposed to be lubricated periodically. Obviously you have a self lubricating one. It knows when to jump into the pool.
^ LOL I had a Chevy pickup once with a similar feature. Used "extra" engine oil to prevent rust on everything under it.

slbard

Equipment
BX2200
Mar 22, 2015
richmond
Yesterday I changed the filters, oil and fan belt, and drained and cleaned the fuel tank (found the attached picture in it - go figure). Today I sharpened the blades and freed all the anti-scalping wheels which had frozen pins and shafts. Hopefully better today than the day I got it.

Attachments

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Yesterday I worked on filling in all the ruts that I made hauling firewood to the boiler. When I got done I took the FEL off so I could do some cleaning on the tractor. I found a mouse nest between the valve cover and the fuel tank made from fiberglass insulation, man was that a pain to get out. I guess my two outdoor cats aren't doing there job very well.

Does anyone know a good way to keep mice out of the engine compartment? I didn't seem to have this problem with my old Ford 2000 gas tractor. Maybe the mice are anti-Ford mice.

sawmill

Equipment
Nov 16, 2014
ione, washington
Yesterday I worked on filling in all the ruts that I made hauling firewood to the boiler. When I got done I took the FEL off so I could do some cleaning on the tractor. I found a mouse nest between the valve cover and the fuel tank made from fiberglass insulation, man was that a pain to get out. I guess my two outdoor cats aren't doing there job very well.

Does anyone know a good way to keep mice out of the engine compartment? I didn't seem to have this problem with my old Ford 2000 gas tractor. Maybe the mice are anti-Ford mice.
Everyone likes Kubotas. :D

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Cant say for sure it works as i hate the smell, handful of mothballs in a sock wired somewhere under the hood.just not close to exhaust. Wouldnt want your balls to catch fire.