What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ttj49

Equipment
B6100-DT
Amazing what a valve adjustment and new glow plugs will do...!!

I had no idea this would make such a big difference in power. It's incredible.

Adjusted valves, new glow plugs, (NGK Y-103V for the B7200) new glow plug indicator that glows red hot instead of can't see it at all, new gaskets.. all I can say is Wow...! This old B7200 has twice the power and starts cold in 2 seconds after glow plug heat up....what used to take 30 seconds of cranking. If you've got an old one....definitely do this...!!

P.S. The valves were about twice the gap they should have been.

Oh, and no more 10 to 15 seconds of white smoke... just a second or two to burn off the excess, then she just purrs.... About 60 bucks worth of parts and well worth the time. You gotta remove the intake manifold to change the glow plugs. It needed gaskets anyway. And be sure to clean and wire brush all contacts to the glow plugs.

I used this method to adjust the valves:

Remove glow plugs - turn engine with fan belt (normal rotation)
Do one cylinder at a time, both the I & E valve
Intake valve closing - Adjust exhaust valve
Exhaust valve opening - Adjust intake valve
Stop turning the engine at the exact point where the valve starts to open or close. You'll have to rotate the engine back and forth until you're certain the valve is just barely starting it's opening or closing.
It worked great for me.

......gotta love that sound when they're runnin' right....!!!

http://youtu.be/aGkcqlJPVDM

Last edited:

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
Back to the Dealer again today, main Shaft in the Blower came loose and locked the blower up, after the Set Screws Fell out of the Gear.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Back to the Dealer again today, main Shaft in the Blower came loose and locked the blower up, after the Set Screws Fell out of the Gear.
Guess your dealer has never heard of Loctite... :(

1coolbanana

Equipment
Kubota BX1860
Jan 9, 2014
Australia
Steering has been really sloppy so I adjusted the front steering box via the screw and locknut arrangement until nearly all the slack was gone.........feels heaps better.
I have a secondary steering that lives underneath where you right foot would be, doesnt seem to be adjustable.
Still heaps better than what it was like.

Are these steering boxes sealed or can they be lubed?
I cant see anywhere to oil or grease these without a strip down.

Gave it a "by eye" wheel aligment and re-centered the steering wheel too :)

Anyone know if they should have a positive or negative castor? (old grey L1-22)
Mine were sticking right out so adjusted so they were ever pretty much straight.
Not that it probably makes any difference anyway :p

Cheers

Sexton

Equipment
L39
Mar 7, 2014
Rainier, OR.
Worked on getting to the pivot seal on the L39...any advice on how to get the bearing out of the housing? I've got the snap ring out along with the other ring that was in there, but couldn't get the thing to come out. According to the dealer (and the diagram) that's all that should be holding it. But I'm no mechanic.

Last edited:

Raptor

Equipment
Kubota BX 2230
Oct 12, 2013
Johnson city,tn
Hey everyone, I bought me a frontier RC2048 cutter bush hog last week and got it out and done some hoggin today. I have a 2004 bx2230 and even though it is green I was very pleased with it. I did 3ac saturday and this field I'm working on is 6ac. Here is the link to some video of today on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SB1R9_cHE

gssixgun

Equipment
L3600, FEL, SnoBlower, Box Blade, Rear Blade, Forks, Cultivator, Plow
Jan 5, 2013
Sandpoint ID
www.gemstarcustoms.com
Re: What did you do on your Kubota today?

I could careless what the date is, I know Spring is near when the Snow-Blower comes off for the season, and the Rear Scrape blade goes on :D
Just finished scraping the entire road, and I am beginning to find rock down there instead of just slush and ice Woooooohooooo

Got some good seat time in as I did the entire 1 mile of road...

Basket Range Farm

Equipment
F2100
Hey-I just bought an old and unloved F2100 front deck mower. here she is arriving home.

I had some trouble getting her into 4wd-in fact the seller had trouble-which knocked $1500 off the price:) When I got her home I sprayed some WD40 on the 4wd linkage, which freed up the little detente ball bearing-now she slips into 4wd like a ...well, you know.

She was having trouble starting-the previous owner used ether to overcome that. I've had a fiddle with the glow plugs-found that No2 has a short in it-so I've bypassed that one. She now starts up nicely with the glow plugs on 1 and 3.

She has a leaky radiator, a knackered seat, a dodgy start switch, a broken stop solenoid, a bashed bonnet/hood and a whole lot of moving parts on the mower deck have seen much better days-but she eats grass like a starving cow and goes up and down hills no trouble at all.

So plenty of jobs ahead to get her back into reasonable condition, and in the meantime she'll be out earning her keep on our 5 acres.

Big Orange

Equipment
L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
1 week from spring???? Its Maine in March what else would I do on my Kubota:mad:

I moved Snow, Snow and more Snow Not sure of exactly how much but around 20++ inches up over the windows now as well as 15 foot piles along my 1/2 mile road I plow.

Ready for spring any time it wants to get here!!!
Good thing the wife runs the plow truck while I tractor. or vice versa:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
Well we got hit by the big snow storm here in Vermont. This has gone on for 2 days now and they tell us we got one to go. I got 18" to 24" here but the wind has been about 40 MPH so I moved drifts in the 4 to 5 feet high. Had to get out both Kubota - M7040 and Grand L3540 - to get the job done so my customer can get to my store/shop. Here are some photo's.

David Pidgeon

Attachments

Skip44

Equipment
Jeeps, L2900, FEL, tiller, brush hog,post hole drill, rock rake
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
1 week from spring???? Its Maine in March what else would I do on my Kubota:mad:

I moved Snow, Snow and more Snow Not sure of exactly how much but around 20++ inches up over the windows now as well as 15 foot piles along my 1/2 mile road I plow.

Ready for spring any time it wants to get here!!!
Good thing the wife runs the plow truck while I tractor. or vice versa:D
I live closer to the coast in Alexander. We have only got about 2 inches. But it is snowing harder now, over night we got mostly rain.

Skip

Frank46

Equipment
L3800 La524 loader
Nov 4, 2013
new Iberia,LA
What did I do with my Kobota today??.We've had a really wet winter here in Louisiana and just about every where you go the ground is wet and soggy. I had a guy coming over to pick up a bunch of trash so moved my truck. Somehow managed to get stuck just by the pumphouse just the right drive wheel. Jumping up and down didn't cut it. So he sugested use the big orange tractor. I get it and he hooks up the tow strap to the j hook on the GMC and the other end up near the engine compartment. Told my buddy leave it in neutral. put her in 4wd and away we went. Now I have to wash the right side of the truck. But it felt great when I saw the truck rolling. Course the tow strap helped out as well. That's my story and i'm sticking to it. Frank

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
What'd I do today? Just enough frost in the ground this morning to get over the pasture w/ the M4500 and a 10 foot JD 1590 no-till drill to thicken up the stand with some orchard grass. Learned that I almost didn't have enough tractor for the job. Have used this equipment before during the summer for seedings with no problem, but with the frost in the ground there was little traction. If I'd had another 1,000 of ballast, or 4WD it'd probably have been easier. Be interested to see how this works, haven't had much luck with frost seeding grasses in the past, thought drilling might give me a little better seed-soil contact.
As soon as the sun hit it this morning though I was done! Instant grease on the top.