What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Put the battery charger on to give the LX3310 a trickle charge. It's spent most of the winter in the garage doing nothing.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Realized the 3x3 boom on the 5 Foot County Line back blade was collecting water.

Drilled an 1/8” weep hole in it to drain water out. Bet there was almost a gallon in it.

It’s chilly in the garage…..I had to pee almost immediately….😳😉

484305A5-51A4-40FD-8466-45169677DA5F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Realized the 3x3 boom on the 5 Foot County Line back blade was collecting water.

Drilled an 1/8” weep hole in it to drain water out. Bet there was almost a gallon in it.

View attachment 97772
EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blades do not do that.
.....but......they do cost more!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
EA 6 Way Deluxe Scrape Blades do not do that.
.....but......they do cost more!
Good for you.

Your blade is probably bigger, better and obviously more expensive than mine….

You’ve got an an L48, right? 🧐

Remember someone here on OTT that responded like that a lot. He had not 1, but 2 M9000’s. Probably had the longest dillywacker west of the Mississippi. 😳

You might be related. ….😉

Wouldn’t spend that for a BX anyway. Would be foolish.

Got it at local Tractor Supply. Loaded it up and drove home with it. Took 40 minutes.

Was the only 5’ blade I could find during COVID shutdown.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Good for you.

Your blade is probably bigger, better and obviously more expensive than mine….

You’ve got an an L48, right? 🧐

Remember someone here on OTT that responded like that a lot. He had not 1, but 2 M9000’s. Probably had the longest dillywacker west of the Mississippi. 😳

You might be related. ….😉

Wouldn’t spend that for a BX anyway. Would be foolish.

Got it at local Tractor Supply. Loaded it up and drove home with it. Took 40 minutes.

Was the only 5’ blade I could find during COVID shutdown.
Thank you for your enlightening response.
Very helpful for OTT members.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Thank you for your enlightening comments!
Much appreciated!
You know what fried1765….how was your comment about your EA 6 Way Deluxe blade related to water in my $250 TSC blade????

I’ll answer the question for you…..

It wasn’t. Didn’t contribute anything.

From my perspective, it was a put-down. Sorry I don’t have a high-end blade for a 1,400 pound BX tractor…🥺

You just needed to crow about your fancy attachment.

Sometimes this type of boasting is described as a “measuring” contest…I’m not inclined to detail further, nor participate further either.

We’ve had this type of exchange before, and I’m growing tired of it.

Next month, I’ll have 10 years on OTT.

I’ve never used the “Ignore” feature for anyone….even the fellow with not 1, but 2 M9000’s….😳

I simply try to not respond.

You’re brewing to be the first Ignore….🤔

Not being derogatory. Just trying to give you my perspective.

Best wishes.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I got to enjoy snow at both ends of the country this past week. I wasn't on the hook for removing any of the snow in Illinois though, but got back yesterday afternoon from a week long trip and the need to cleanup after another winter storm last Thursday and Friday. Once again I have to deal with folks driving over the snow and compacting it into ice, which makes removal near impossible until it warms up enough to be able to scrape the ice off the asphalt.

csh.jpg

mx6000_031123_1.jpg

mx6000_031123_2.jpg

mx6000_031123_3.jpg

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
We’ve had this type of exchange before, and I’m growing tired of it.

Next month, I’ll have 10 years on OTT.
@RCW, it's not worth the effort. I always enjoy your posts and the fact that you use your equipment regularly. I don't give a toss about how little someone paid for a piece of equipment that they never use or how great that piece of equipment is. I have more regard for a member that paid a premium or overpaid for something and then uses the heck out of it. That's probably the thing I've come to realize more than anything else on this forum. I pay a lot more attention to members who actually use their equipment rather than those whose experience seems to be based more on what they've read rather than what they've done, or preferably, what they do. You are certainly in the last group and I appreciate your contribution here.

Reactions: 13 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
@RCW, it's not worth the effort. I always enjoy your posts and the fact that you use your equipment regularly. I don't give a toss about how little someone paid for a piece of equipment that they never use or how great that piece of equipment is. I have more regard for a member that paid a premium or overpaid for something and then uses the heck out of it. That's probably the thing I've come to realize more than anything else on this forum. I pay a lot more attention to members who actually use their equipment rather than those whose experience seems to be based more on what they've read rather than what they've done, or preferably, what they do. You are certainly in the last group and I appreciate your contribution here.
Well said and I share those sentiments. (y)

Reactions: 6 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
I got to enjoy snow at both ends of the country this past week. I wasn't on the hook for removing any of the snow in Illinois though, but got back yesterday afternoon from a week long trip and the need to cleanup after another winter storm last Thursday and Friday. Once again I have to deal with folks driving over the snow and compacting it into ice, which makes removal near impossible until it warms up enough to be able to scrape the ice off the asphalt.

View attachment 97816

View attachment 97817

View attachment 97818

View attachment 97819
Don't you just love that - I have the same situation. We live at the end and I take care of the whole thing. The last thing the folks below think about is how hard it will make the plowing if they go out needlessly when the snow is wet.

gg

Reactions: 1 user

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
@g_man - - Welcome to OTT.

When you say stud wood, is that destined for a sawmill for dimensional lumber? Maybe your sawmill?

Not a member of Forestry Forum, but watch it often.

Seems you're a regular there as well, along with Magicman? Magic is a great addition here. Good guy.

You've got your tractor well-equipped for your use. (y)

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just loaded up the bucket on the B, and trailer and brought up the last of my fire wood. Good thing I have a gas boiler, if it stays like this much longer

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
MCMXI + RCW= a matched pair of verbal bullies!

Last edited:

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
@g_man

- - Welcome to OTT.

When you say stud wood, is that destined for a sawmill for dimensional lumber? Maybe your sawmill?
You've got your tractor well-equipped for your use. (y)

Thank you RCW. The logs are balsam fir which is in the S/P/F group (Spruce/Pine/fir) and used for dimensional (framing) lumber like you said. If I was a younger man I would have a sawmill. I sell what I cut to a local log yard or sometimes called a concentration yard. They buy logs, pulp, and bio-mass from local loggers and land owners. They then resell to mills far and wide. It's most likely that the final destination of my logs will be a stud mill. Here is a picture of part of the Spruce/Fir pile in the log yard in February 2022.

LogYardS&F2.JPG

I am a very small operator. Here is a picture of one of my loads on the ground and me backing in to dump a second load. There is about 500 BF (board feet) in each load. They look silly up against that big pile.

22_2_15-3.JPG

gg

Last edited:
  • Wow

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special

View attachment 97772
I did the same thing with both of my Tractor Supply (6ft & 7ft) rear blades. I also removed the original lock pin that is hooked on by the chain & welded on the top, replaced them with a 3/4" hitch pin that had a large diameter washer welded to it to keep the rain and snow from going down inside the square tube. I packed some grease around the holes under the hitch pin washer area to help defect water from seeping in. So far so good, it has help tremendously. By design its never going to not have water in it, the best that can be done is drilling a weep hole like you an i both did.

If i can ever get a picture uploaded here, i`ll post what i did when i replaced that pin. Its really easy and simple, and it really helps. I can copy/paste a pic of the hitch pin i bought from TS. At least you`ll be able see what it looks like.

As you can see, that wide washer will cover the hole pretty well and keep water shed away.
EDIT: i want to add, that i did have to cut the new hitch pin shorter to fit in the shallow hole.

1678662556744.png

I used a connecting link to reattach the chain onto the new pin.

1678662704394.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users