What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RalphVa

Jan 19, 2020
Charlottesville
Bought some UDT2 (a gallon) as makeup (if needed) to the HST for the B2601. Still no takers for the leftover 2 gallons of JD Hy Gard lo vis on both local and Craigslist networks.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
IT's Official!
Winter is now over. I declared it.
I greased my snowblower, oiled the chain and sprayed anti rust all over the chute and any part that had paint rubbed off.
If the weather stays like it is today then tomorrow I'll remove it for the season.
:eek:

Reactions: 1 user

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
Cut a few Boxelder trees down for neighbor. Got the ones first dropping limbs on his pond. Clean up was easy in snow and frozen ground. Use bucket in float to push the small crap off into the burn pile.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
IT's Official!
Winter is now over. I declared it.
I greased my snowblower, oiled the chain and sprayed anti rust all over the chute and any part that had paint rubbed off.
If the weather stays like it is today then tomorrow I'll remove it for the season.
I think that you are either delusional or are smoking some very strange weed. LOL. I have seen blizzards on Easter Sunday in the past. I will keep my snowblower on till the day that I see green grass that needs to be cut. OK, I am exaggerating some on the time frame..

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
20220314_193438.jpg
20220314_193438.jpg 20220314_193339.jpg

Poked about 10 holes in the Earth for my neighbor tonight....its chicken coop building season hre!

Reactions: 4 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
I think that you are either delusional or are smoking some very strange weed. LOL. I have seen blizzards on Easter Sunday in the past. I will keep my snowblower on till the day that I see green grass that needs to be cut. OK, I am exaggerating some on the time frame..
I have a lot of FEL and pallet fork work around the place all winter so the snow blower goes on and off quite frequently around here. And there's been early May blizzards here too, so all this waiting to take off the blower for the year business is mildly humorous to me. My snowblower is actually rarely on during the winter - though this winter takes the cake for having to re-mount it over and over again. Getting pretty efficient at it.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Agree. No objection to that discussion being on the site, but it belongs in Off Topic, not this thread. And that’s not specific to one member nor is it an opinion on the subject. That whole discussion is out of the scope of this thread.
I deleted my reply, that was about the member buying fuel for the spring. It got off topic. Apologize that it got stupid. I do think it factors in though to operating equipment and the member brought up the cost of fuel that I responded too. My portions are deleted as off topic now.
Have a good day.

Reactions: 3 users

steveh

Equipment
Kubota L4701, forks, Land Pride rear blade, Wallenstein splitter
Dec 1, 2020
Rocky Mountains
Finally cleared the P3001 code from the 4701 which had been bugging me. Thing was, one of the plastic buttons [switch?] I needed to press had disappeared from the instrument panel a few months ago. No idea where it could have gone, pulled off by a raven maybe? Stranger things have happened. Kubota dealer is a ways away so haven't gotten to them to look at a parts catalogue to see if I can order a replacement or if they are currently unobtanium. Anyway, found I could stick a finger down in the hole for the button and push it to work ok for the code clearing. At least something went right. Finger's ok, too.

Reactions: 1 users

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Finally cleared the P3001 code from the 4701 which had been bugging me. Thing was, one of the plastic buttons [switch?] I needed to press had disappeared from the instrument panel a few months ago. No idea where it could have gone, pulled off by a raven maybe? Stranger things have happened. Kubota dealer is a ways away so haven't gotten to them to look at a parts catalogue to see if I can order a replacement or if they are currently unobtanium. Anyway, found I could stick a finger down in the hole for the button and push it to work ok for the code clearing. At least something went right. Finger's ok, too.
Spent the morning pruning my over grown magnoila tree and taking the brush to my burn pit.
20220315_130733.jpg
20220315_130648.jpg

Spent the morning pruning my overgrown Magnolia tree. I really need a grapple.
20220315_132028.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Grapples are wonderful things regardless what specific model you get.
I liked the 1 Shekki got from Messicks from his pictures. I shoukd have got the 3rd function installed before i took delivery.
Never too late. Feels like our property here is 80 percent trees. Always maintaining or cleaning up.
Thanks guys !! A pto chipper would be awesome too instead of burning. Espically green stuff. Found an odd brand for 1000 bucks locally but not sure on that yet. Thinking i should get a more know brand.
1647368048915.png

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
I liked the 1 Shekki got from Messicks from his pictures. I shoukd have got the 3rd function installed before i took delivery.
Never too late. Feels like our property here is 80 percent trees. Always maintaining or cleaning up.
Thanks guys !! A pto chipper would be awesome too instead of burning. Espically green stuff. Found an odd brand for 1000 bucks locally but not sure on that yet. Thinking i should get a more know brand.
View attachment 76591
I was eyeballing that same chipper. Unfortunately I was unable to find a ton of info on it but what I did find has me passing on it.

For new I’d be at about $3k for the size and features I want. The few that pop up used the sellers ask near new prices so not worth it for me. There was a good deal on a WoodMaxx in Indiana last week but I was unable to fit in a road trip before it was snatched up.

I wish I could give a grapple review but my land is still far too soft for any real work to be done without deep tracks being left. Still sitting at 2.x hours.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
I was eyeballing that same chipper. Unfortunately I was unable to find a ton of info on it but what I did find has me passing on it.

For new I’d be at about $3k for the size and features I want. The few that pop up used the sellers ask near new prices so not worth it for me. There was a good deal on a WoodMaxx in Indiana last week but I was unable to fit in a road trip before it was snatched up.

I wish I could give a grapple review but my land is still far too soft for any real work to be done without deep tracks being left. Still sitting at 2.x hours.
thanks and lol on the chipper....

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio

on 1 month and a day, I have 14 hours on mine. Also lots of tracks to my pond that I dont want to talk about. ;)

Shekkie

Equipment
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
on 1 month and a day, I have 14 hours on mine. Also lots of tracks to my pond that I dont want to talk about. ;)
So yours is only a day older than mine.

BTW…….for what our dealer wanted to install the 3rd function you are much better off doing it yourself.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
So yours is only a day older than mine.

BTW…….for what our dealer wanted to install the 3rd function you are much better off doing it yourself.
O have had a hard time finding the kit online for the L4060. I have found other options like Everything Attachments has a kit but no metal lines. They told me who makes them its a brand name but Id like to stay Kubota. Messick's doesn't list this exact Model. Dealer wants 1200 for the kit alone when I asked.
Any other options I am not aware of ?
Thanks

Shekkie

Equipment
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
O have had a hard time finding the kit online for the L4060. I have found other options like Everything Attachments has a kit but no metal lines. They told me who makes them its a brand name but Id like to stay Kubota. Messick's doesn't list this exact Model. Dealer wants 1200 for the kit alone when I asked.
Any other options I am not aware of ?
Thanks
Here’s the Kubota kit (I believe). 1 in stock.

Here’s another Kubota kit that appears to be in stock.

I believe WR Long makes the kits EA sells.

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Here’s the Kubota kit (I believe). 1 in stock.

I believe WR Long makes the kits EA sell
Yes that is correct. I need to look at loader but i think that may be the correct kit. I saw that listed but for Mx.
Thanks