What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
I got teeth!
FedEx truck rolled about half an hour ago, got em mounted, now I'm ready to go play in the caliche.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Ironhorse

Equipment
BX25D, Piranha tooth bar, Landpride chipper, LP PHD
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
Here's my contribution:

And you can laugh at me now...
I forgot that diesels develop nearly full horsepower just off-idle, and it's obvious that the hydrostat is set up to take advantage of this.
Could you expand on that a bit? What's a good RPM for doing FEL and BH work?

I had the tractor up off idle for faster cool-down, and so I rolled right up the ramp into the barn.

...and forgot (again) to lower the ROPS.

The big CRACK!! sound reminded me. :eek:

Cracked the door header on the barn. Fortunately the 2x4 that I cracked is the little thin one that the doors close against and not the big one above it that is the actual tie between the top plates.

Lesson learned? Jeepers, I hope so.
I have only one way to cross my property due to a ditch and its through a carport that is just an inch lower then the ROPS. I solved the memory problem by dropping a culvert and making a Kubota crossing. However the BX25 will live in the carport (for now) so maybe I'll have a chance to smash the ROPS some time.

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
It was actually yesterday. Put a nice 25 inch long gash in the side of the pool with the bucket. Lets just say there isn't much water left in the pool. :eek:

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
While it is not recommended, on two tractors so far I cut off the top bar on an angle to the vertical tubing. Then I welded it back on with left on right and right on left.. That angle made it now lay back just enuff to clear doors. It still has near to the original height.

Ironhorse

Equipment
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
Doing a Little Grading, then She Decided to Roll over and Take a Nap, Guess I worked Her to Hard.
1.) Was beer involved? Either before or after?

2.) Any damage to machine? Or operator? (Other than pride.)

3.) Did you spill the beer? (See #1.)

4.) How did you wake her up?

I like the self-effacing nature of this board. We tell on ourselves before others can make fun of us. I felt my BX25D start to tip when I pulled myself backwards and one outrigger dropped into a hole I had dug. But the third outrigger (the backhoe) came to the rescue and I shoved myself back onto to firm ground. Might be that the rubber feet aren't that great for dirt?

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
Doing a Little Grading, then She Decided to Roll over and Take a Nap, Guess I worked Her to Hard.
:eek: Glad your ok! Put some weight on the 3pt hitch and keep the bucket below the hood unless your on level ground. I came really close to tipping mine once. I had the bucket full of gravel and raised up high on level ground without any weight on my 3pt, I started backing up and the front tire went up on a small chert rock and she started over, but I forced the bucket into float position and it came back down on all 4 tires and saved my little tractor. Can't say I saved my shorts though ;)

Ironhorse

Equipment
Aug 9, 2013
Montana
It was actually yesterday. Put a nice 25 inch long gash in the side of the pool with the bucket. Lets just say there isn't much water left in the pool. :eek:

Pics?

Was anybody in the pool?

Does BXPanded make a nerf tooth bar for people like us?

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
A tractor isn't a tractor until it has a "beauty mark" or two but I try and stay away from it being GORGEOUS. A tail of woo adds to a conversation unless you run out of breath before it's completely told. Now it you could teach it to fetch, I am all ears.

When everything is said and done, if she still purrs when you scratch her belly, all is forgiven.

Sorry for your mishap. Hope that no one got hurt and that no expensive bills are coming your way. :)

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Pics?

Was anybody in the pool?

Does BXPanded make a nerf tooth bar for people like us?

No-one in the pool. :)

It was 100% my fault. I had the tractor parked under the sun room. Started to move forward and realized I left the deck down. Went to grab the lever to raise the deck without looking. Grabbed forward and pulled it back to nuetral just as I got to the pool. Couldn't hit the brake quick enough. :\ It's just an Intex pool, I'll patch it up. :)

kubotaman574

Equipment
BX2670 B2650
Aug 8, 2013
Elkhart In
It had Got Dark and I backd into a Small Hole, Ran the Bucket Up as it Went Over to Keep it From falling down hill.

No Beer Before, But Had more then a Couple After

No damage, just Cracked a Light

Woke her up with the Help of a F-350.

1.) Was beer involved? Either before or after?.

2.) Any damage to machine? Or operator? (Other than pride.)

3.) Did you spill the beer? (See #1.)

4.) How did you wake her up?

I like the self-effacing nature of this board. We tell on ourselves before others can make fun of us. I felt my BX25D start to tip when I pulled myself backwards and one outrigger dropped into a hole I had dug. But the third outrigger (the backhoe) came to the rescue and I shoved myself back onto to firm ground. Might be that the rubber feet aren't that great for dirt?

76_Bronco

Equipment
B7200 4WD w/FEL, 4' disc, 4' Brush Hog, 14" Plow, 4' Blade, JD 246 2 row Planter
Mar 28, 2012
Rainsville, Al
I planted a few small food plots last week, and noticed I had some pics from start to finish on my trail cam. Some visitor's came the following day to inspect my work.:)

Attachments

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
What a great 'rack' on a small deer. This is a Maine doe who has three fawns this year.

Attachments