What brush hog to buy for new 8560?

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Hello all, just bought a brand new 8560, now I need a bush hog. Something heavy duty in the 10' foot range. Any suggestions?

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I use a Woods DS1260 pull type and really like it, we also have a Woods 121 3PH but rarely use it, handy but won't handle the heavy stuff. Land Pride and Bush Hog as well as others make good ones as well.

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Thanks for the reply TripleR! I have looked at the woods model you mentioned and it looks like the way to go. I noticed you have 8540...Are you happy with it?

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thanks for the reply TripleR! I have looked at the woods model you mentioned and it looks like the way to go. I noticed you have 8540...Are you happy with it?
We sure are, we replaced a problem prone Case CX80 with it July 2010 and it has been trouble free and done everything we expected. I didn't get it equipped exactly like I wanted, but we are happy enough with it we probably won't change anything. I would have liked cast centers, a third remote and air ride seat, but bother now.

The shift linkage is a bit vague and has been changed on the 60 Series and I think your cab is a bit bigger and maybe some other things.

I think you will really like yours, very nice tractor and congratulations.

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
We sure are, we replaced a problem prone Case CX80 with it July 2010 and it has been trouble free and done everything we expected. I didn't get it equipped exactly like I wanted, but we are happy enough with it we probably won't change anything. I would have liked cast centers, a third remote and air ride seat, but bother now.

The shift linkage is a bit vague and has been changed on the 60 Series and I think your cab is a bit bigger and maybe some other things.

I think you will really like yours, very nice tractor and congratulations.
Thank you TripleR...It will be delivered Tuesday and I can not wait. I got the open station instead of the cab. I do a lot of work in wooded areas and I didn't want to risk bashing the cab to pieces. Besides I wont be spending 10 hours a day bailing hay with it. I hope the DPF doesn't turn into headache as did my 08 cummins. I did get a canopy and got all 4 tires filled with ballast. Thanks again for your replies.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Hello all, just bought a brand new 8560, now I need a bush hog. Something heavy duty in the 10' foot range. Any suggestions?
Might look at Modern Ag Products. They are built in Beaumont, Texas and from what I have seen are very heavy duty. A bunch of them have been sold in my area and I haven't heard not even one complaint.

I'm only going by word of mouth, I don't have one myself. I will say this though, unless something changes my next cutter will be a Modern.

Junior390

Equipment
M8560, L3400
Aug 16, 2013
East Texas
Might look at Modern Ag Products. They are built in Beaumont, Texas and from what I have seen are very heavy duty. A bunch of them have been sold in my area and I haven't heard not even one complaint.

I'm only going by word of mouth, I don't have one myself. I will say this though, unless something changes my next cutter will be a Modern.
Thanks Bulldog for the suggestion. I have a shear pin 5' for my L3400. Thing is tough as nails. I actually forgot about Modern. The dealer I bought my tractor from carries Landpride. I'll definitely see what Modern has to offer.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I think they offer 3 different 10' cutters. Single wing, pull type and 3pt so I'm sure one of these would fit the bill. Happy hunting.

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thank you TripleR...It will be delivered Tuesday and I can not wait. I got the open station instead of the cab. I do a lot of work in wooded areas and I didn't want to risk bashing the cab to pieces. Besides I wont be spending 10 hours a day bailing hay with it. I hope the DPF doesn't turn into headache as did my 08 cummins. I did get a canopy and got all 4 tires filled with ballast. Thanks again for your replies.
I am sure you will love it, a friend on TBN ovrszd uses an open station 9540 which is almost identical to the 8540, in woods and really likes it. He developed a protective skid plate for the filters as they are pretty exposed for woods work.