What brand tire do you prefer?

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I need to purchase 2 front tires ( 8.3 x 16 R1 ) for my GL3830 and want to buy the best tire for the money. Ive been quoated prices $126 to close to $265 now I know you get what you pay for most times but just wanted to ask you fine bunch of guys what brand you prefer. I dont mind laying down good money but want a tire that will wear well also .

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have a set of Titans on the rear of my B6100 and I've been pleased with them so far. Matter of fact I found them for sale on Craigslist, some dude was selling out of his house. He said a friend of his was a wholesaler and he got them for a price. I didn't dig to deep just handed him cash got my tires and stuck them on.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I have a set of Titans on the rear of my B6100 and I've been pleased with them so far. Matter of fact I found them for sale on Craigslist, some dude was selling out of his house. He said a friend of his was a wholesaler and he got them for a price. I didn't dig to deep just handed him cash got my tires and stuck them on.
Eric I was reading last night that Goodyear doesnt make an ag tire anymore and Titan is a subsidary of Goodyear , several people have told me they like Titan tires.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Right now I have several different brands to compair.

Bridgestone - ride smooth but are wearing fast

Firestone - ride not as good but better wear

Titans - ride bad at low speed but the wear is great

I have a clear winner for my personal preference, Titans.

Hands down they have the best traction and from what I see so far they are going to last at least twice as long as the other brands.
The downfall is at low speed they ride bad on hard pack ground. That is the only bad thing I have to say about Titans.

Added plus in my book is the fact that the Titans are American made.

Hope this helps. :cool:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I've been very please with the Titans I put on my tractor. I haven't noticed a ride issue like Bulldog has but then again my little puddle jumper B6100 could fit in the cab of his M9000.

bcbull378

Equipment
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Bulldog and Eric Id like to thank you for your info on Titan tires. I for one have never worried about the ride of a tractor for years I operated nothing but old cats and am use to a hard ride, I always worry about my wallet so if they wear like Iron Im sold on Titans Ill let you know how they work out. Thanks guys.