What am I doing wrong 3pt hitch limp.. won't raise/ lower

evan

Equipment
b2601
Oct 20, 2016
TN
Hello,

I purchased my first tractor, a b2601 Kubota with FEL/Bh70 backhoe in the spring to help me with small projects on my job sites. When the dealer delivered it the backhoe was already attached. He showed me how to detach it but until today I have not attempted to take the backhoe off and hook up the three pt hitch.

I removed the backhoe successfully and attached the hose back into the machine and then installed the three PT hitch to hook up to my new bush hog. The issue i am having is that I cannot get the hitch to raise or lower hydraulically . The arms on the hitch are limp and I can manually raise and lower them by hand but cannot get the machine to do so. The FEL raises and lowers properly. In the manual it mentioned turning tires back and forth if stored for a long time and I did that with no improvement.

I have watched several videos and read the manual and cannot figure out what I am missing.

Thanks in advance for any help!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have you turned the fall adjustment knob under the seat?
If it's off it will not fall or raise.;)

evan

Equipment
b2601
Oct 20, 2016
TN
Thanks for the reply!

I messed with it in every direction... that was in hour 2 of me going crazy trying to figure it out. Was not sure what that did until reading the manual trying to figure this issue out.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
My b21TLB has a lever on the right side under the seat to switch hydraulics from 3pt lift to backhoe. Not sure if yours does if that might help.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

vickark

Equipment
L3200, fel,backhoe,sgr 1060 grapple, boxblade, lp bush hog,post hole auger
Jun 16, 2013
Texas
Disconnect the hyd. connection back to the tractor and check inside of fitting for any debris. I had a problem with the fitting going to my backhoe once.
Good luck

GWD

Equipment
M7040, L48 TLB, BX2200
Jan 8, 2010
Northern California
See if you can check the manual for a lever (as already mentioned) that will change the hydraulic flow from the BH to the 3 PH.

My L48 has one. It is hard to spot, sort of out-of-the-way, and if you didn't know what it did it would be totally ignored.

The other issue (also already mentioned) is to make sure the hoses are hooked up just right and tight.

If you have other hydraulics, like a thumb, or remotes, make sure they are centered and off. Otherwise, hydraulic pressure is diverted from the 3PH and it goes limp. Just had that happen to me yesterday.