What About Your Tractor Makes You Swear?

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Hate how my FEL hydraulics will only do 1 function at a time. Curl bucket OR lift boom but not both. Probably just not enough GPM to do everything.

Same on my BX25. I just used a rented backhoe for the weekend and it was nice to be able to do both.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I hate that my loader lockout switch is located exactly where my leg bumps against it operating the HST pedal. Any kind of bumpy ground and I constantly have to unlock the controls. All my other tractors the lockout faces forward. This one faces the operator station. WTF

I also hate my OEM Kubota suspension seat. It's slippery, sloped permanently forward, and has less than 3/4" of spine jarring action. Every time I bottom out the suspension I'd fall off the seat if I didn't have a seatbelt on.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
PTO selector lever on my 23s. i wish it was set that the rear function only position was to the rear instead of the front. I regularly catch my shorts on the lever when getting off the tractor.

58Ford

Equipment
BX23s, LA340, BT603, RCR1248, PFL1242, STB1072
Jan 1, 2022
SW Washington
PTO selector lever on my 23s. i wish it was set that the rear function only position was to the rear instead of the front. I regularly catch my shorts on the lever when getting off the tractor.
Easy fix for summer!
BAB71B80-4DD2-4ECF-BF1B-605E05B530C0.jpeg

Funny…. People mentioning only single function FEL when using a BX. I have the 23s and curl and raise/lower all the time. While I am moving too. I just put the revs where I need them. Is my tractor broken? 😆

PS. The budgie smugglers was a joke. Definitely not a US thing! Where I came from Women liked to look. US women prefer a “surprise” apparently. 🤣😂🤣😂

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
PS. The budgie smugglers was a joke. Definitely not a US thing! Where I came from Women liked to look. US women prefer a “surprise” apparently. 🤣😂🤣😂
Do I have to read the whole 11 pages of this thread to understand the above comment??????????????

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
The lack of a 4x4 indicator on the dash letting you know the front axle is engaged.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Every time I hook up a rear pto shaft!
Agreed… but that is not specifically a KUBOTA thing…

One thing that can make the task easier is when making an implement purchase…. decide at THAT moment… WHAT TYPE actuation one prefers. I dislike the “collar” type of lock and prefer the “plunger” type …because I find it easier to align the shafts, slip them together incrementally and THEN actuate the lock to complete sliding the connection together.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
Snowman7 said:
Every time I hook up a rear pto shaft!

You can take the word "rear" out of that, and it's still true. Actually more true for MMM, because you're reaching underneath to the midline of the machine. I still have a big gouge in my forearm that hasn't healed, 2 weeks hence.

Next time I take mine off, I'm tossing the WHOLE assembly in a bucket of diesel fuel overnight.

-Paul

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Or the parking brake.
I added a “sonalert” beeper to my previous park-brake warning flashing-light. It definitely should keep me from goofing so badly as I did the other day.

Since my tractor has a manual-shut-down knob (instead of electric solenoid type) I can still actually silence it while allowing the engine to idle by turning the key to the “off” position (which kills the electrical system.) I know what you’re thinking now…. “Yeah… then you can again drive it for a mile with the brakes applied!” But to do that I’d have to disregard all the other instrument read-outs which are “dead” if the key is off and the engine running.

(this is getting silly…. add a warning light….which I can find ways to ignore…so then add a loud beeper …which is aggravating…so by-pass it by turning the key off….. back to square ONE.) :oops:

The answer to that will be to add an “operator-presence-switch”…. so that the warning light and beeper will activate if anyone is sitting on the seat. Of course, that was one of the things I LIKED about this tractor….it only has ONE safety-switch, to prevent starting unless the Range-Lever is in Neutral. I’ve begun to complicate my life in goofy ways now……🤪

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
Every time I use my tractor I swear. Even just walking past it in the mancave I tend to swear.

I swear I'll never sell it!!
I swear I wish I had bought it 10 years sooner!!